Jillian Michaels: Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism?

Options
Anyone tried this one??

Replies

• Divatime
    Divatime Posts: 33
    Options
    Yes! It's a great workout! The core section is hard for me but it's worth it. It works muscles all over and you are constantly moving. I was so sore after i tried it the next day but was happy because at least I knew I worked several body parts! I use it on days when I don't want to go to the gym or head outside anywhere! Good Luck! :smile:
  • angelrock
    angelrock Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I started doing it on saturday, i did it again tonight and aim to do it at least twice a week it's a great workout and I usually burn between 570-610 calories
  • AlicynH
    AlicynH Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I just bought that one and 30 day shred. I haven't had a chance to use them yet. She scares me. :smile:
  • mkatsanevas
    Options
    I bought this and did it for aprox 40 days. I didnt like it. I got runners knee from it because of all the jumping. Also gained 3 lbs becuse 30 minutes is just not long enough. At least not for me. Went back to the gym and after 3 weeks am back where I was before. Not for me.
  • lilrhody
    lilrhody Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I tried it for the first time last night - had me dripping in sweat in no time and the whole section full of plank moves nearly did me in - definitely a good one to keep in the rotation.
  • ashstarz
    ashstarz Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :happy: 30 day shred is awesome!!! Just saying... don't be scared!
  • willow3eb
    willow3eb Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I have it and I like it. I have the companion too "No More Trouble Zones". BFBM is really good if you're looking to burn!
  • NatashaAlexandra
    NatashaAlexandra Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT!! Got it 3 weeks ago and I've been doing it 3 or 4 days a week since!

The workouts are amazing - you really feel it working and even by half way through you are dripping in sweat!

I've lost 4lbs doing this workout and eating 1200 calories a day - but I find it extremely hard to lose weight, I think I don't burn as many calories because I'm at a healthy weight for my height!

After the first 7 times of doing it, I decided to do 30 mins of cardio straight after it while my heart was still racing - absolute killer but is evidently working as my stomach is very toned now :)

I defo recommend it!! It's really fun :)
  • sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Its a great workout. Works my entire body. If you are interested and haven't purchase a copy of it, you can find a free version on youtube. Its in russian but you can still hear what she is saying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BuCLX9L9vw&list=PLB8DEA76D93B09F9D&index=24&feature=plpp_video

Also individual versions of each circuit can also be found online on youtube which are in english.
    Enjoy.
  • ltl_leah
    ltl_leah Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I did this workout for the first time last Monday and it was a great workout! I burned about 595-650 calories and was drenched with sweat. Afterwards, I felt like I accomplished a lot. I can see how it would be very challenging for someone who is just beginning to workout or who isn't in the best shape. There's a lot of challenging moves and circuits, but they do have a lower impact demonstration from the other girls in the video, so you can tailor it to your fitness level. It is a long workout; 50 minutes total, but I felt like a bad *kitten* after I was done. I'm definately going to keep this in my cardio rotation!
  • sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    great workout and really helps tighten and tone. Its best to do on carpet bc its a lot of jumping. i lost tons of inches doing this workout!
  • jhunny31
    Options
    I started this workout today, combined with Ripped in 30. Loved it. I was drenched which is always a plus for me. My hubby did it with me and he kept saying how a lot of the moves reminded him when he use to play football when he was in high school. Jillian is really amazing but I'm still waiting for the scale to move down. I hate that thing. Best of luck.
  • martazdz
    martazdz Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I started it this week. Wasnt able to do the whole workout, never sweated so much hahah my wrist hurts a lot so the planks are a no no at the moment.
    I have tried 30ds before but never finished it? BFBM is easier for me, i feel like i worked out much more. I mix it with c25k, hope to see some results soon :)
    Feel free to add me if u need a workout buddy :)
  • gwynn981
    gwynn981 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    To the person who said that 30 minutes isnt enough and they gained weight.... when will people realise that you shouldnt focus on losing weight as all this exercising, especially ESPECIALLY Jillian Michaels stuff makes you gain muscle which weighs more than fat. Im happy when I gain weight cause my clothes fit looser, I look better, and it means Ive gained muscle which also helps you burn more fat. I like this workout and its 45 minutes, not 30, and its great. Apart from she doesnt stop for water breaks so I pause it to drink water. Which is important!
  • medeering14
    medeering14 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Has anyone done her other workouts? I'm on Body Revolution now, and planning ahead to the next one. Is BFBM easier/harder/on par? I know adding weights/modifying will make anything tougher, but I don't want to start TOO far back toward the beginning.
  • RedRita32
    RedRita32 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I did this workout for a week and at first I didn't like it as much as 30 day shred...but I ended up liking it alot..I sweat ALOT and burn around 400/500 calories.. and its strength training without weights with cardio....it's 45 minutes and after I finish it I feel like I'm awesome lol..i lost 2 pounds that week..:) ..right now I'm doing jillian michaels body revolution...I'm only on week 4 but I gotta say I miss banish fat boost metabolism!! Body revolution has 4 days devoted to strength training with dumbbells with a little bit of cardio added in and 2 days with only cardio....and I haven't lost anything...yet..and I'll probably go back to BFBM after I'm done with BR..the only thing I kinda didn't like was her workout buddies...I think they're robots..Anita and Natalie are much better..lol
  • harphy
    harphy Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Core part, when you are on the ground, is a killer! I was sweating and shaking like a leaf at the same time. Great workout but not for every day. My calorie burn was 450-500. I agree with posters above that with JM you need to be super carefull with knees - do the easy version or move at low intensity.

P.S. I'm speaking Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism. Body Revolution and 30DS are easier.
  • anitacastle30
    Options
    which excercise???
  • nomoredoughnuts
    nomoredoughnuts Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I've done this about 5 times. It's quite a workout!

First time I did it I was only doing yoga and a run or two a week so I wasn't at my best shape. I did it really at 12am after a long day, needless to say I wasn't able to do more than half.

Second time I did it with my boyfriend and although he runs and plays in the university football team he hated it! I was able to finish it but boy it was hard work.

I love and hate it because it is a pain to finish the 45-50 minutes of burpees and jump squats but you feel like it was totally worth it the next day when you're sore. Plus you don't have to buy dumbbells and stuff like that. A matt however is always good to protect your knees.

The other time I did it with my mum I was a lot better at it. My mum is 51, runs every day and works out with dumbbells at home so she was really good at it but still was sweating and out of breath.

So I guess it's a good workout even if you're in a good shape. Expect sore muscles the next day, but that's the whole point isn't it?

In comparison to 30 Day Shred, BFBM is a lot harder especially if you're a beginner. The only downside for me is that you need a whole hour (including warm up and cool down) whereas 30DS is about 20 minutes a day that everyone can afford.
  • valchemist
    valchemist Posts: 28
    Options
    I have done BFBM twice since finishing the 30 day shred recently. I am in decent shape and was able to do the shred without modifications, but it was challenging for sure. I feel that BFBM is more difficult because of the length. You are just going going going nonstop for that long chunk of time and you need endurance. I was able to get through it both times, and I felt like I really had an awesome workout. no more needed for the day. I am currently alternating strength training days (Jackie Warner video) with BFBM.