I AM SO HUNGRY!

Options
I don't know what to do. This is so discouraging. I have been over my calories the past 3 days and yet I have been sooo hungry. And then when I get really hungry I eat stupid things like the rest of my brothers pumpkin muffin or chocolate or ice cream. Why I am I so hungry?! I am wondering if its because the only meat I eat is fish? Could lack of protein cause this never ending hunger?

Replies

• xuashe
    xuashe Posts: 46
    Options
    Try drinking water. It helps me when I am hungry.
  • Lisseth03
    Lisseth03 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    how much/what are you eating?
  • sdavis0224
    sdavis0224 Posts: 23
    Options
    Dont get discouraged I did the same thing for the first week... drink lots of water! When you start eating healthier you are hungrier, try eat almonds, veggies or fruit! you can do this... add me if you'd like and i'll help support you in your new life style.... eat 6 meals a day...
  • Zia00
    Zia00 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating daily and what are you eating?
  • fishiesintheseaa
    fishiesintheseaa Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I usually drink a lot of water. I cary a 32oz bottle around with me and usually go through two whole bottles. And you can look at my food diary. I eat pretty healthy and decent portions. My calorie goal is 1400, yet I go over and am still soo hungrryyy.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Protein definitely helps keep you full. You might need to add some Greek yogurt, cheese, or nuts to your diet if you don't eat meat. It's also possible you just aren't eating enough for your body. If you're super hungry then you're body is probably trying to tell you something.
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    Too much sugar? You're giving your blood sugar levels huge rise and crashes which will see you hungry soon after eating sugary 'treats'. Try eating fruit (sugary but not absorbed the same way as refined stuff into the bloodstream) instead and eat protein and wholegrains - seriously makes a difference. It's how I learned not to be hungry.
  • Cwilbanks12105
    Cwilbanks12105 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    If you're working out you might want to readjust your calories to a higher amount, if it's actual physical hunger that you're feeling and not just wanting to eat. I've found that since I started lifting heavy, I've been feeling like I'm starving so I'm going to bump up my calories on my workout days to see if that helps. I know personally, this will never last if I deprive myself when I'm hungry.
  • lbetancourt
    lbetancourt Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    i am in the same boat. I drink plenty of water. still hungry. if you don't eat meat. try mootopia with muscle milk or something?? eggs?

good luck !
  • madisonsteelex
    Options
    If you are working out a lot that might be the cause. When I go heavy on exercise I am CONSTANTLY hungry. it's never ending. Definitely try to get that protein up
  • tizzie_14
    tizzie_14 Posts: 72
    Options
    Are you eating often enough?
  • fishiesintheseaa
    fishiesintheseaa Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I do have a serious love for sugar. I will try cutting it out and getting more protein. Thanks for the advice! This is also extra frustrating because its not like I am over weight or anything. I just want to be in better shape. But this constant hunger just makes me want to settle for this decent body. I don't want to settle - I want to love the way I look! thrthergre. Sorry about this rant, I am just getting kind of frustrated with this!
  • kornmaiden
    kornmaiden Posts: 109
    Options
    Try cutting back on refined sugar and carb - they just spike your hunger. Eat complex carbs like quinoa, brown rice, whole wheat pasta. You may need more protein too. How are you stacking up against the recommended grams of protein in MFP?
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Setting your diary to public might get you more specific advice. Otherwise we're all just guessing.
  • girlsaint
    girlsaint Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    If you are intent on not eating meat, grab a protein bar or a protein based meal replacement shake. if you are staying in the same amount of calories and the only difference was the addition of the protein, you have your culprit.
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    And you can look at my food diary.

Actually, we can't....it's private. :wink: I was going to! :happy:
  • sjhancock86
    Options
    Yea that is exactly why, protein is what makes your feel "full". Don't get discouraged you will make it your body just needs time to adjust to not eating so much and if you get like some of those bar that is high in protein to snack on in between meals that will help you feel fuller as well! Hope this helps!
  • Serenstar75
    Serenstar75 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I'm still figuring this all out too! :) though for me it's the opposite. I'm barely reaching 1200 and always feel too full. I realize I've eaten too little for so long I think I have to build up.
  • tmeierdierck
    tmeierdierck Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I woke up at 4 am today; my belly was screaming at me. I feel your pain.
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    My protein intake is 10% of my daily calories due to kidney stones. I eat vegan whole plant food and follow Eat To Live food guidelines to get all of my micro-nutrients. I eat three meals a day and completely satiated until the next meal. Take a look at the bottom of my 'About Me' for the Eat to Live guidelines, or my food diary to see what I eat.