Ground turkey recipes?

Options
2»

Replies

• justdazed
    justdazed Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Stuffed peppers! I have a yummy recipe at home for a ground turkey, kale, and sweet potato soup.

I sub ground turkey for beef anywhere I can, my fave is definitely turkey burgers.
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    We have Teriyaki Turkey Burgers once a week. I love them and so does my family. I buy the 20 oz. packages of ground turkey breast. I chop my onion and add all ingredients in a mixing bowl and just mix it all with my hands. I measure 4 oz for each burger and cook them on George Foreman, I love George. They are yummy. I have it added in my recipes so I can easily add it to my diary. The macros are for 4 oz, uncooked weight.

We normally have leftovers and I always crumble one up on a salad for the next night's dinner, while hubby and son have spaghetti or something else I don't like. :laugh:

teriyaki.jpg
  • BrionaLoree
    Options
    I love it in chili too! I also have made ground turkey meatballs.I make them with egg whites and whole wheat bread crumbs to try and up the health factor. I like these done quite mild and with a lot herbs like tarragon and sage. I just spray a cookie tray with a teeny bit of oil and bake them at about 375. I serve them with egg noodles or rice (I have a picky child) and some fresh veggies. Steamed asparagus for me and carrots for the kiddo.

ounds so yummy!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I made chicken lettuce wraps and they tasted a lot like PFChang's. I found a seasoning packet at the grocery store with the asian food. My friend made it out of cookbook for South Beach. Sorry I can't find the recipe!
  • tberthelette
    tberthelette Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Turkey bacon burgers with Epicure seasonings of your choice (low sodium) and sliced avocado on whole wheat bun. Sweet potato oven fries with sea salt on the side.

Turkey burgers are also really good with egg white, lemon dilly spice and italian breadcrumbs. Serve on a bun with mayo and lettuce and it tastes like a grilled chicken burger. Tasty!
  • linochka1969
    linochka1969 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sommerskins
    Options
    BUMP
  • BibiFit03
    BibiFit03 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I've been making turkey burgers lately and they are YUMMY! I don't really have a recipe and they're always a little different, but these are the basics...

ground turkey
    an egg
    garlic (minced, or powdered, or fresh, whatever you have on hand)
    chopped cilantro - lots!
    sriracha - as much as you can handle ;)
    bread crumbs to bind
    maybe a bit of chopped onion if you feel like it
    I also like to toss in a handful of hemp hearts for all those great omega fats and added nutty flavour

press into patties and bbq (or roll into balls and fry if you want meat balls)

I love these burgers in half a whole wheat pita pocket with avocado and some mango chutney. I'm drooling just thinking about them!
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Ground turkey with a can of tomatoes, and some garlic, parsley, sage, rosemary, thyme (and cumin if you want, because cumin is always good). I can't help myself with that stuff. It's just so good. Cook it in the pan and just try getting it to another application (stuffed peppers). The song was totally right.
  • BL_Coleman
    BL_Coleman Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Why don't you use 93% lean ground beef and alternate beef and turkey thats a way to give each meal a different flavor and not too much more fat.

Also a hamburger helper and use ground turkey works fine, just make sure its one of the better ones.
  • Telugammayi87
    Telugammayi87 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Make Kheema Curry (INdian- usually uses ground lamb, but I follow this recipe ALL the time and use turkey!!) If you don't have the ingredients, visit an Indian Grocery nearby!! Great with bread :) I make it spicier than the recipe calls for! Also, you don't have to use a pressure cooker, I just use a skillet with a lid. :)

Ingredients:

3/4 kg minced meat (kheema), washed and drained

3 large onions, finely chopped

2 tomatoes, finely chopped

1 tbsp ginger garlic paste

few curry leaves

4-5 green chillis, slit

½ tsp turmeric pwd

garam masala pwd (1cardamom pods, 2 cloves, 1/2″ cinnamon stick)

salt to taste

2 1/2 tbsps oil

coriander leaves for garnish

Dry roast for 3-4 mts and make a pwd:

1/2 tbsp coriander seeds

1/2 tsp cumin seeds

1/2 tsp poppy seeds

3 dry red chillis

pinch of methi/fenugreek/menthulu seeds

pinch of saunf/sompu/aniseed (optional)

1 Heat oil in a pressure cooker, add green chillis, curry leaves and chopped onions and saute till the onions turn transparent, approx 4 tms.
    2 Add the ginger garlic paste and saute further for another 3 mts. Add the minced meat and turmeric pwd and cook on high without lid for 4-5 mts. Stir inbetween.
    3 Add the ground masala pwd and salt and combine well. Add the chopped tomatoes and cook for 3 mts on medium flame. Add a cup of water and place lid and cook on pressure upto 4 whistles or until the meat is almost cooked. Turn off heat. After 3-4 mts, remove lid, add garam masala pwd and coriander leaves. Again cook on low flame for 8-10 mts or till you get the desired gravy consistency.
    4 Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot with rotis or hot rice
  • Marcy31
    Marcy31 Posts: 53
    Options
    Bump
  • shannypoo21
    shannypoo21 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • itsme_timd
    itsme_timd Posts: 59
    Options
    Here is a super-simple recipe that is good with ground beef or ground turkey.

1 - pound ground beef/turkey
    2 - 15 oz cans of VegAll, drained
    2 - 15 oz cans tomato sauce or 1 can sauce and once can diced tomatoes
    Salt, pepper, garlic, hot sauce, etc.

Brown the meat, drain it, add the vegetables and tomatoes. Heat and season to taste. Makes a very hearty soup/stew. You can also add cooked macaroni for a sort of goulash.
  • MoreThanMommie
    MoreThanMommie Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Thai Turkey Meatloaf. Found this recipe today and I can't wait to make it.

http://budgetbytes.blogspot.com/2012/06/thai-turkey-meatloaf-783-recipe-098.html

Servings Per Recipe: 8
    Prep time: 20 min. Cook time: 60-75 min. Total: 1 hr. 35 min.

LOAF INGREDIENTS
    2 lbs. ground turkey
    4 cloves garlic
    3-4 whole green onions
    2 inches fresh ginger
    3 Tbsp soy sauce
    1 tsp toastes sesame oil
    2 large eggs
    1.5 cups cooked jasmine rice

GLAZE INGREDIENTS
    1/2 cup brown sugar
    2 Tbsp ketchup
    2 Tbsp sriracha sauce
    1 Tbsp rice vinegar

STEP 1: Place the ground turkey in a large bowl. Slice the green onions and mince the garlic. Add the onion and garlic to the bowl along with the soy sauce and sesame oil. Peel the ginger and grate it directly into the bowl using a fine cheese grater. Mix everything together well.

STEP 2: Add the eggs and cooked jasmine rice (white rice will work in a pinch). Mix everything together thoroughly. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with non-stick spray. Place the meat mixture onto the baking sheet and shape it into a loaf.

STEP 3: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Once preheated, place the loaf inside and bake for 30 minutes. While the loaf is baking, mix together the sriracha glaze. In a small bowl stir together the brown sugar, ketchup, sriracha, and rice vinegar.

STEP 4: After it has baked 30 minutes, remove the loaf from the oven and spoon half of the sriracha glaze over top. Bake for an additional 30 minutes. Spoon the remaining glaze over top and bake for a final 15 minutes. A meat thermometer placed in the center of the loaf should read 160 degrees Fahrenheit.

STEP 5: Allow the loaf to rest for ten minutes before slicing.

Website also has step-by-step photos with instructions. Plus a bunch of other tasty sounding recipes.