Prometheus

Options

Replies

• sazzyp1973
    sazzyp1973 Posts: 517 Member
    Options

ha ha ha I haven't seen the film but this is hilarious!
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Entertaining but dumb as ****.

I completely disagree with this statement. The movie was written to be full of subtext in order to be extremely intelligent. There are many articles out there pointing out the references and siting the texts to which this movie plays to.

I absolutely loved it, and I have loved reading about what the writers, Damon Lindelof and Ridley Scott, got across not just with the action and surface interactions, but with the "in between the lines" aspects of the film. Not many movies are made like this anymore. I do understand how people who are not interested in looking deeper into things and want films spoon fed to them could see this movie as a little misguided. It was everything Sci Fi is supposed to be.
  • DomNavarro1
    Options
    My fave engineer is Isaac Clarke :love:

AWh Yeah. you know how it is girl.
  • EPICSRT
    EPICSRT Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I thought it did not live up to the hype at all.

I was expecting something like the Original alien....slow/moderate pacing with a great story.

I was unimpressed. Not good but not bad.

Interesting ending though with the lead-in to Alien. I was wondering if it was an attempt to connect the two? Perhaps an Alien remake is in the works?

It sort of lead into Alien, except the ship was facing the wrong way, and the alien didn't look right for the beginning of Alien! Alsoo... the planet in the beginning of Alien is TK-421, so unless that is where she is heading next, it can't just lead into Alien. Haha I know.. Alien nerd. I'm hoping they come out with a movie in between Prometheus and Alien to answer these questions!

If they did remake Alien, it wouldn't neccesarily have to be the exact same as the original. Kind of like the Batman movies.

And, let's not get started on how Aliens and the Predators movies have been linked together. What a mess!

(I still enjoy the Alien and Predator movies though)
  • Serenitytoo
    Serenitytoo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I have seen it twice.

Engineers... :love: :love: :love:

I liked it... My date is acutally an engineer :tongue: :tongue:
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I thought it did not live up to the hype at all.

I was expecting something like the Original alien....slow/moderate pacing with a great story.

I was unimpressed. Not good but not bad.

Interesting ending though with the lead-in to Alien. I was wondering if it was an attempt to connect the two? Perhaps an Alien remake is in the works?

It sort of lead into Alien, except the ship was facing the wrong way, and the alien didn't look right for the beginning of Alien! Alsoo... the planet in the beginning of Alien is TK-421, so unless that is where she is heading next, it can't just lead into Alien. Haha I know.. Alien nerd. I'm hoping they come out with a movie in between Prometheus and Alien to answer these questions!

If they did remake Alien, it wouldn't neccesarily have to be the exact same as the original. Kind of like the Batman movies.

And, let's not get started on how Aliens and the Predators movies have been linked together. What a mess!

(I still enjoy the Alien and Predator movies though)

I enjoy the Alien vs Preadator movies, but like to pretend that they are in no way related to the Alien movies.
  • fozzie500
    fozzie500 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    plot holes left right and centre,actually dozed off during the first 20 mins many ideas and scenes just copied from alien (just in case we didn't know this was a prequel) so,dissapointed to say the least as alien is one of my favorite films. :brokenheart:
  • Lifting_chick
    Lifting_chick Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I didn't care for it much, and the snake looking things grossed me out
  • Lady_Bane
    Lady_Bane Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I am a huge HR GIger fan. I loved it, but i didnt like that i left with more questions than i came in with
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    I liked it.
    You have to remember its not a James Cameron movie, its Ridley Scott. They make very different types od movies.
    I did feel that Charlize Theron's role was inserted.
    You could easily have written it wothout her.
    NOT THAT I AM COMPLAINING THOUGH !!
  • gatedialer
    gatedialer Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Me too. No one will go with me for a third time :cry:

I have to wait for bluray to see more Engineers :sad: :love:

I've seen it about four times and will again this weekend. My best friend and I love the movie and franchise. Prometheus was very good. And yes, the Engineers. Wow. That last fight scene...EPIC.
  • Wilson336
    Wilson336 Posts: 76
    Options
    I was disappointed. I've been waiting for it since January, and it was only "ok", even with Charlize Theron in it. Aliens is still my favorite in the series, despite Newt's bad acting...

And Ladimang, I read that the plan was to have one or two more movies to complete the whole prequel story, so maybe your questions will be answered in another year or two.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    someone explain this to me...

Shaw just got through telling them that the engineers were headed to Earth and were going to destroy it. and just moments later she decides to go to their homeworld and alert them of our presence. it makes no sense.
  • gatedialer
    Options
    I liked it.
    You have to remember its not a James Cameron movie, its Ridley Scott. They make very different types od movies.
    I did feel that Charlize Theron's role was inserted.
    You could easily have written it wothout her.
    NOT THAT I AM COMPLAINING THOUGH !!

Exactly. It was Ridley Scott, for frak sake. Theron's role kept throwing me off and I kept thinking "why the hell are you even in this film?'. It was all about David and the Engineers, to me.
  • gatedialer
    Options

Shaw just got through telling them that the engineers were headed to Earth and were going to destroy it. and just moments later she decides to go to their homeworld and alert them of our presence. it makes no sense.

She made that decision because she wanted to know WHY they changed their minds and decided to destroy their creation.
  • Dankelzaga
    Dankelzaga Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Really enjoyed it..but had my mind churning.

Someone help me with this. The crew set a distress call out...which I assume was the distress call that MUTHER picked up and set the entire ALIEN movie in motion. However, the signal that MUTHER picked up wasn't clear, needed translated, and didn't sound even close to human (when the crew of the Nostromo was listening to it).

The only things I've come up with are that 1) MUTHER intentionally changed the message to begin with and made it unrecognizable and that 2) The plot of ALIEN has nothing to do with Prometheus as they were entirely two different planets. The planet in prometheus was not the planet the Nostromo landed on (which is why that engineer was never seen with his chest burst sitting in the pilot chair.

Whew...
  • Laces_0ut
    Options

She made that decision because she wanted to know WHY they changed their minds and decided to destroy their creation.

oh i know why she wants to talk to them. but they already had contact with one of them and he treated them like amoebas. now she is risking the entire human race to ask this question. based on what she knows the most likely outcome will be they will finish with their plan to wipe us out.
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    Really enjoyed it..but had my mind churning.

Someone help me with this. The crew set a distress call out...which I assume was the distress call that MUTHER picked up and set the entire ALIEN movie in motion. However, the signal that MUTHER picked up wasn't clear, needed translated, and didn't sound even close to human (when the crew of the Nostromo was listening to it).

The only things I've come up with are that 1) MUTHER intentionally changed the message to begin with and made it unrecognizable and that 2) The plot of ALIEN has nothing to do with Prometheus as they were entirely two different planets. The planet in prometheus was not the planet the Nostromo landed on (which is why that engineer was never seen with his chest burst sitting in the pilot chair.

Whew...

two different messages and two different worlds. LV 226 and LV 426(or something)
  • SoozeE512
    SoozeE512 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    This movie left me with more questions than answers. I think there could be a prequel to this prequel. And a sequel that branches away from the alien and follows Elizabeth Shaw's character.

But overall, I thought it was just okay. It didn't really live up to all the hype.
  • futuremalestripper
    futuremalestripper Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I loved it! I want to buy it when it comes out on DVD. You definitely have to see it in 3D because it really adds to the beauty of it. I know some people claim it asks a lot of questions and answers none, but I completely disagree. I think it answered a ton of questions, it just did so in subtle ways. The words used throughout the movie are very deliberate and spell out the answers to their questions. Great movie!