Peanutbutter-what do you eat with it?

Options
Hello all: I have been told by my nutritionisit to tyr to add some peanut butter into my life. :-) I dont' like PB&J and want to not add a lot of carbs by eating it with a ton of crackers. I don't like the taste on an apple either. For you Peanut Butter lovers, what do you eat with the peanut butter. It seems to hard to get down plain. Hopefully someone can offer some suggestions on what to combine with peanut butter.

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• ruthieschaef
    Options
    From an avid peanut butter eater, I'll eat it for breakfast on a banana or on a piece of whole-grain toast with sliced banana on top of it! I've also gotten whole-grain frozen waffles and spread some on that on my way out the door!
  • saustin201
    saustin201 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Celery sticks?

I am not a peanut butter lover at all. I also don't like PB & J or like it on apples either.

Good luck.
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    If you don't like it, don't force it. I am sure your nutritionist and you can work around it.
  • continentaldivide
    continentaldivide Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Almond butter may be a good option for those who don't like pb. I like it on fruit, such as apples and bananas or on a ww english muffin
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    i eat it with

carrots,
    apples
    celery
    bananas

sometimes i roll everything in homemade granola
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    Do you like roasted peanuts? It doesn't have to be "butter". Just eat peanuts.

Almonds are good, too. What nutrient is the nutritionist trying to supply with a food you don't like? There are other ways to get it.
  • bush_woman187
    bush_woman187 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Almond butter may be a good option for those who don't like pb. I like it on fruit, such as apples and bananas or on a ww english muffin

i am allergic to almonds..lol. i will try the english muffin. i am also allergic to bananas..lol
  • bush_woman187
    Options
    Do you like roasted peanuts? It doesn't have to be "butter". Just eat peanuts.

Almonds are good, too. What nutrient is the nutritionist trying to supply with a food you don't like? There are other ways to get it.

she wanted me to eat it at night with some medications i take that tend to tear up my stomach. :-)
  • bush_woman187
    Options
    If you don't like it, don't force it. I am sure your nutritionist and you can work around it.

thanks. i like it but i usually eat it with a ton of crackers and i am trying to find a healthier alternative. i like it with toast as well.
  • kandrews24
    kandrews24 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I suspect that you maybe just need to add in some healthy fats. Doesn't have to be peanut butter. Do you like avocado? How about some yummy oils (olive, peanut, coconut).

I love peanut butter on anything - pancakes, toast, banana, celery. But give cashew, walnut, almond butter a try! Also consider adding sunflower seeds to your salads.

If you like Thai food, there are delish peanut sauces you can add to lots of things.
  • dostdiana
    dostdiana Posts: 8
    Options
    I love peanut butter on bananas and celery.....it curbs my desire for sweets!
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Right out of the jar with a spoon.
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    carrots, celery, crackers, pretzels (low/no sodium)...
  • CuteMonkeyGal
    CuteMonkeyGal Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I like it with celery, oatmeal, bananas, pretzels, English Muffins, granola bars, ummm vanilla icecream :)
  • tstokes65
    tstokes65 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    try a peanut butter and banana sandwich. i know sounds crazy huh? but its really good.
  • islandgirl1984
    islandgirl1984 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I like to spread mine on a banana instead of on bread.

Or freeze a banana and add almond milk, a little peanut butter and cocoa powder. That's one of my favorite treats!
  • DeadlyDame13
    DeadlyDame13 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I make a shake with it
  • BarbaraJeanAnnMowatt
    Options
    Try celery with it
  • V3ggieL0vinGinger
    Options
    I am a true PB addict. I just eat it right out of the jar! Also, with celery and raisins :)
  • thinsoundsgood
    Options
    banana......it's like heaven.