LOST WEIGHT BUT CAN'T NOTICE YET:(

Options
2»

Replies

• Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    It really varies from person to person. Take some pictures, take your measurements and I guarantee you'll see the difference. Losing weight is a slow process, and you see yourself every day, so you aren't going to be able to see it as easily.
  • HodderAL
    HodderAL Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I understand where you're coming from. I've lost ~40lbs and it's only now that every now and again I'll realize there's a difference - like when I'm in the shower and things aren't as soft as they once were lol. But there are alot of times I DON'T see the difference in myself. BUT other people do. Too bad you didn't take pictures :( They are great motivators for times like this - when you don't see the difference. I bet if you had a picture of yourself from before the loss and picture from now, and put them side by side, you would see a difference.

PS: It's never too late to start taking pictures :) I think you'll be happy that you started.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    take pix and measurements asap so you can compare to when you lose even more!
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    It takes me 30-40 pounds to really notice that I've lost anything.
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I remember people asking me if I had changed something, my hair, etc. and I was like "Uh YEAH, I lost friggin 40 lbs, are you blind?!" Now, I've lost 90, and it's amazingly gratifying seeing all the double takes, the open mouths, tripping over themselves to compliment :happy:

Hang in there, you and everyone around you will see it very soon!
  • Pilotgirl86
    Options
    It really depends...I was pretty small to begin with, and people noticed after I have lost 10lbs. I've read in many places it takes about 10-20% loss to really notice visually (for example if you start at 200lbs, it would take 20-40 lbs before you could see it, whereas someone who is 120lbs to begin with it will show much sooner).

I started to notice on myself most by trying on my old pants, suddenly they were more comfortable and I actually had room to breathe!
  • ShanM0593
    ShanM0593 Posts: 36
    Options
    I can relate! I've lost 34lbs as of today. I am down 1-2 sizes, but the only place I can see it is my face. I am taking measurements though, and seeing the inches go down each week is rewarding. I'd like others to start to notice some of my hard work though. Hang in there, it'll be so worth it soon!! :)
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Weigh once a week.
    Calculate BMI and take measurements once a month.

Post them here for you to see the difference!

BMI is bull****. You want Body Fat %
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    BMI is NOT BS.

It may not be a good measurement for everyone, for instance someone who is very muscular. It will not accurately reflect body composition for that person.

Body fat is good, but not everyone can calculate it. For the average person the BMI provides an important assessment, it's easy to do, and it is used by physicians to help calculate risk factors for heart disease, your qualitifications for weight loss surgery, and other things.