Protein Shakes????? Help

Options
124»

Replies

• cadynappi
    cadynappi Posts: 63
    Options
    I usually make my own. I use unsweetened almond milk, ice, and dymatize iso-100 gourmet vanilla. Sometimes I add fruit (strawberries or blueberries) and then blend it in a blender. It is delicious. I have also just added a scoop to water when I don't have a blender handy. It has no carbs or sugar. 106 calories per scoop.....

Hope this is helpful.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    I loved Dymatize ISO-100: one of the highest quality hydrolized whey protein isolates on the market. However, I stopped purchasing it once they began using Soy Lecithin in the processing. Its very inexpensive, too, for the quality protein and amount you get per container, though. If you don't mind Soy Lecithin, I highly recommend it.
  • cckellympls
    cckellympls Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Take care.....not all protein shakes are meant to be used as a meal replacement. There are many good meal replacement shakes out there with protein in them. Read labels!!!!! In my opinion Protein shakes are a good snack or good before or after a workout.
  • raine1796
    raine1796 Posts: 1
    Options
    Spirutein Cookies and Cream,
    it's a powder and you put one skip into either real milk or almond milk, it is AMAZING. I've tried a ton of flavors and this one is seriously actually really yummy. It has like less than 200 calories AND it keeps you full until lunchtime. I don't know where else they sell it, but I bought mine from the vitamin shop. :smile:
  • baroquetrained
    baroquetrained Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Athletes honey milk!!! it tastes great, & all lactose removed- so no unpleasant side effects:-/ however- I would strongly suggest actual food for your protein needs if u can- it will fill u up longer than any liquid nutrition, & will make ur body work harder (burn more calories) to digest. The only times I use honey milk is just before a marathon or longer training session when I need to prevent nausea from exertion...
  • cckellympls
    cckellympls Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I agree that the Herbalife shakes are very good and have all the added nutrition in the "meal" that you need. I have one every morning for breakfast and sometimes one for lunch too. Just don't forget to add healthy snacks...veggies and fruit and lean protein or an alternative to your diet to stay healthy......make sure you are getting all the nutritients your body needs.