Swimsuits!

Options
zsaoosh
zsaoosh Posts: 402 Member
This will be the first year I get into a swimsuit but I still have those parts I want to tuck and lift. Tell me your body image insecurity and what swimsuit works best to make you look amazing. Pics would be great too!

Replies

• christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I am very self-conscious about my stomach. So I bought a maternity swimsuit that masks my stomach and I love it!
  • Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    I hate my huge belly, so I go for one piece suits that have great design around the boobage area to move people's eye focus from belly to boobs. Hahahaha.
  • khedl85
    khedl85 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    my insecurities include, but not limited to:

small boobs
    thick thighs
    muffin top
    big butt
    flabby stomach

this is me in my victoria secret suit, they do AMAZING THINGS and I recommend to EVERY SINGLE WOMAN....Ive never felt so good in a bathing suit =)

bikini22-1.jpg

suitt-1.jpg
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options

small boobs
    thick thighs
    muffin top
    big butt
    flabby stomach

this is me in my victoria secret suit, they do AMAZING THINGS and I recommend to EVERY SINGLE WOMAN....Ive never felt so good in a bathing suit =)

In that first pic, you look like Selena Gomez :p

Anyway, I don't like my stomach and my thick thighs. Too bad swim suits don't cover that up. Luckily I have nice boobs and a nice butt so that should distract from the parts of my body that aren't so awesome, right? :P
  • khedl85
    Options
    I went to stalk your boobs (in a non lesbian way I promise) to see how jealous I would be, and all I saw was a hamster. =( lol

small boobs
    thick thighs
    muffin top
    big butt
    flabby stomach

Anyway, I don't like my stomach and my thick thighs. Too bad swim suits don't cover that up. Luckily I have nice boobs and a nice butt so that should distract from the parts of my body that aren't so awesome, right? :P
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Hahah oh no! I don't have my pics on here :p LOL I wonder if just a boob pic would be okay aha
    I totally need a swim suit from Victoria's Secret. That's my goal ... once I lose a bit of weight ... I have heard how amazing those swim suits are!!!
    I went to stalk your boobs (in a non lesbian way I promise) to see how jealous I would be, and all I saw was a hamster. =( lol

small boobs
    thick thighs
    muffin top
    big butt
    flabby stomach

• khedl85
    Options
    They are a smidge pricey, both my top and bottom together were 58 bucks total ( I guess thats good???) but you can get fun, they support (and lift!!!) the girls, and they come in ranges of sizes and colors to mix and match or you can get a matching set.... =D
    Hahah oh no! I don't have my pics on here :p LOL I wonder if just a boob pic would be okay aha
    I totally need a swim suit from Victoria's Secret. That's my goal ... once I lose a bit of weight ... I have heard how amazing those swim suits are!!!

small boobs
    thick thighs
    muffin top
    big butt
    flabby stomach

• zsaoosh
    zsaoosh Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Well I dont like my stomach and I dont like the little cellulite I have. I want to cover this but not look old! Maybe spray tan and lifting for me :laugh:
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options

small boobs
    thick thighs
    muffin top
    big butt
    flabby stomach

bikini22-1.jpg

suitt-1.jpg

You look damn sexy to me!
  • aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member
    Options

small boobs
    thick thighs
    muffin top
    big butt
    flabby stomach

Wow - we have the same insecurities! - guess that's the joy of being pear shaped. I just got the bathing suit in my pic - but havent been in public yet.... :ohwell:
  • engodwin
    engodwin Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Should I break out the laundry list for all my insecurities?! LOL I'll just give my top three

Tiny boobs - they look horrible in swimsuits! There's only so much padding can do when you have two tiny triangles LOL
    Mushy Tum Tum - it's just not cute to have that horrible line when you stand up that shows everyone Hey look where my fat rolls were laying on top of each other! YUCK
    Cellulite - come on now - no one wants to see that!!!
  • Strobins05
    Strobins05 Posts: 716
    Options
    Wow, well the first thing I bought for this summer to swim in is a pair of white swim shorts to include with many swim tops I want to wear. By September I want to be able to wear a bikini bottom and top. If not, then at least a banging one piece swim suit. No big insecurities here, but I still have a tummy and the love handles to get rid of, LOL. It's all about having self- love and confidence of your own body image and I have learned to live with my beautiful body. Happy first day of summer :flowerforyou:
  • semeyer
    semeyer Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    My Insecurities:
    1. My stomach, woof.
    2. My thighs
    3. My butt, I think its too flat. Like a pancake.
    4. My flabby arms, including that little chub part that sticks out by my armpit.

This particular swimsuit is from JC Penny ($15 top, $10 bottom). I always mix and match bottoms and tops for fun.

2152629.jpg
  • semeyer
    semeyer Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    My Insecurities:
    1. My stomach, woof.
    2. My thighs
    4. My flabby arms, including that little chub part that sticks out by my armpit.

This particular swimsuit is from JC Penny ($15 top, $10 bottom). I always mix and match bottoms and tops for fun.

2152629.jpg

And yes, my boyfriend needs to learn to put the toilet seat down. :wink:
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    My consious part is my *kitten*, I feel it is too big so always buy bikini bottoms which are a couple of sizes bigger so they fill the whole of my *kitten*.
    x
  • WILSONBA
    WILSONBA Posts: 197
    Options
    My Insecurities:
    1. My stomach, woof.
    2. My thighs

[And yes, my boyfriend needs to learn to put the toilet seat down. :wink:

HAHA thats funny bc all i could stare at was the fact that a man must be in your house!
  • RachFace1000
    RachFace1000 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    my lovies are my main insecurity!!! Especially because my small boobs don't make me appear to be very proportional... I dont know how to post pictures though, i have a swimsuit picture on my profile though(:
    It's a bandeau top which is awesome for my ta tas and i feel great in it! The suit is from Victoria's Secret. Highly recommended
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    My two insecurities are my tummy after 6 kids (was not the case before kids) and my butt. It is too big for my body. My husband LOVES it, but I do wish it was smaller.

Anyway, what I have learned is, smaller bottoms actually make my butt look smaller. If I have too much fabric covering up the butt, the butt looks huge. But if the bottoms are small and show more skin, I actually look better. Same with my tummy. If the suit is too high it cuts into my baby loose skin and looks worse, where if I wear them low, my tummy looks better.

See, if the suit was higher it would cut into my tummy.
    June4Front.jpg

Less material looks better on the butt.
    Smaller.jpg
  • plafleur76
    plafleur76 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Ok, I don't think this is only for the gals, us guys have insecurities too. For me it is my chest. I wish they had some definition there and didn't look like moobs. I don't have a large gut thankfully, but I do have large thighs, thank God for long swim trunks to cover them.

Oh, and all of you ladies look great in my opinion, keepup the great work, and learn to be happy with yourself!
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    I like the cutout swimsuits that are one pieces. They look flattering on a lot of people. The cutout gives an illusion of that hourglass shape while the material in the torso can help to cover some "flab" in the stomach and kind of pull you together. The butt part of the swimsuit is also less likely to ride up than a regular 2 piece.

For those with small boobs, try the bandeau tops. They are soooo cute and I want to wear one soooo bad but they don't look good on my figure. They are super stylish and are made for your figure! You can match them with whatever bottom you want to make that part look more flattering too.

For the thighs part, try a sarong. I wear a sheer white sarong over my swimsuit, it's very trendy so you don't feel "old" and you can really hang out in it all day. When you take it off to get in the pool or ocean, the water is covering up your legs anyways. Everyone's body looks distorted in the water from the waves so you'll fully mask your thighs all day.

As far as the arms go, just do the "skinny arm" in pictures. Hand on your hip, arm turned outwards or back--practice in the mirror. It's hard to see how much weight I've lost in my arms because I got really good at holding my arms in a certain way for pictures to disguise how big they were.

Most of all, be confident in your swimsuit. Exuding confidence will take people's focus off of your body and onto YOU.