Any fun ways to burn calories??

Options
I've been doing great counting calories, but I want to start exercising soon.... But the thing is I don't like to exercise! When I used my gym pass, I never went. I don't like to run or swim... Are there any fun ways to burn calories? Or any suggestions to make exercise more fun??

Replies

• bjfrezell
    Options
    Zumba, dance, walking? Burning calories doesn't have to be boring or dreadful. Find what you enjoy doing that can burn calories! :)
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    roller skating burns roughly the same level of calories for me as elliptical :) I have a ton of fun!
  • iKristine
    iKristine Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    group spinning is always fun.
  • htalexander
    Options
    I found I enjoy walking if the scenery is nice (parks,trails)..and when doing anything music is a great motivator..dancing of any kind burns tons of calories..even if you're a total spazz like me its fun!
  • rob_v
    rob_v Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I assume thats your man in your picture....use your imagination ;)
    (I know others were thinking it!)
  • LadyInTheLoop
    LadyInTheLoop Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I did some gardening today. It kept me busy and off the couch. The key is just to do something.
  • saxnviolin
    saxnviolin Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Try kickboxing! I did and love it!
  • yarmiah
    yarmiah Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    You just have to "get out there" and find SOMETHING that gets ya moving and that you enjoy!
    You can walk, or bike in your neighborhood OR check for a local rec league for team sport.
    My sister salsa dances everyweek! Your gym likely offers a lot of different types of classes or
    machines to try.

I have heard great things about Zumba, but I myself have not had the opportunity to try it. Most
    gyms offer an array of classes and many should be included in your member ship. I like to
    spin, and can't beat the burn of a BodyAttack class. My favorite thing to do at the gym is a TRX
    class - I refer to it as a Big Girl's (or boys) Playground.

Once you find what you like, it won't feel like work and you will actually look forward to exercising!

Good Luck!
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options

I'll say it: Lots of sex.
  • YMark
    YMark Posts: 65 Member
    Options

I'll say it: Lots of sex.

This.
  • Celearnil
    Celearnil Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Find a sport to play and grab a friend. Tennis, soccer, basketball, games tend to get your mind away from the fact that you are "exercising".

Also look into activities that aren't classic sports like horseback riding, rock climbing, sailing (wind not motor), canoeing, biking along a nature trail, and other outdoor activities.

Learning to day dream while on a treadmill might also help.
  • kristirlk
    kristirlk Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Zumba is super fun with the right instructor. I also go to hip hop glow aerobics. Try out your gym! :)