NOT GETTING THE LOOK!!!!

Options
I love to exercise, and I'm not bad with calories on most days (usually eating btw 1200-1500) but I'm not getting the look I want.

I'm into the sleek-thin look but after a month and a half I lost 6ish/7 pounds (putting me at 138 at 5'6)

Okay okay, anyways I build muscle fast (besides my belly, its soft) but it's giving me more of the toned athletic look..

I REALLY want the thin look.

What do I need to do?
Give up carbs, lessen calories?

PS at the gym I usually jog 3.1 miles at 6.2 mph then do another 20-25 minutes on cardio and end with some abs and weights.

Replies

• snw_
    snw_ Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    What is yout tdee? On days you are under, by how much? On days you go over, my how much?
    How are you determining your caloric burn?

edited to ask... how long have you been doing just that?
  • Kori18
    Kori18 Posts: 48
    Options
    I usually eat at least 1200 (more on harder work out days) and burn about 500-600 calories at the gym 3-5 times a week.

2285 is my tdee.
  • Beleren
    Beleren Posts: 142
    Options
    Eat 500 calories, burn 1000. You'll definitely lose the 'toned' look.
  • jc86
    jc86 Posts: 151
    Options
    Just lose more weight. You're already on the right track losing 7 lbs so far. I'm the same height and started at the same weight (its NOT a good look on me). I dont look thin until about 115-120 lbs
  • Kori18
    Options
    Well, since that isn't realistic I'll pass on that. I was looking more for diet tricks/specific exercises.

Plus, I said sleek-thin.. not unnaturally boney.
  • Kori18
    Options
    Just lose more weight. You're already on the right track losing 7 lbs so far. I'm the same height and started at the same weight (its NOT a good look on me). I dont look thin until about 115-120 lbs

My goal is around that.
    My waist is 26 with 32 hips
    I pack in in my legs I believe.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    perhaps therapy or counseling
  • snw_
    snw_ Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I usually eat at least 1200 (more on harder work out days) and burn about 500-600 calories at the gym 3-5 times a week.

2285 is my tdee.

your tdee is 2285. to lose 2 lbs a week, which is agressive, that would put you at 1285/day. if you burn calories, you need to EAT those calories back, because you just shouldn't go under 1200 cals/day.

honestly, you aren't eating enough with your workouts.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    6-7 lb loss in 1.5 months is a huge loss!

also
    perhaps therapy or counseling

and
    honestly, you aren't eating enough with your workouts.

To me, your measurements seem perfect.
  • kaylasue_mustlose
    Options
    I have always heard that increasing your reps and decreasing the weight helps to build the leaner look....still burning fat but not really building muscle besides toning what you have. for instance on your weights part of your workout maybe consider working out with 5-10 lb weights and increasing your reps to 15 or 18 instead of 10. do three sets instead of two. you are doing cardio and that is great---burning fat is obviously going to make you look thinner because you will be thinner. and really you are at a healthy weight. not all bodies are made to have the really skinny, long look. it is difficult to have the model thin look considering that most of them are seven inches taller than you or more. work with what you've got!