September Slim Challenge

Options
Hey guys,
I joined in with the Biggest Loser Challenge and loved it. I felt it really kept me hugely motivated and wanted to start my own challenge up to help others, too.

I was hoping to get one started on July running through until the start of September. It would be a percentage weight loss thing and I'd report on everyone's percentage loss once a week, then, of course, announce the overall winner at the end of the challenge.

I've got limited time so although it would be great to have teams doing it and competing against each other, I really don't think I'd have time to sort that out right now so was instead aiming for one team of committed people (perhaps about 20 people). I think this number would also be small enough for us to all get to know each other and give each other support.

There would be weekly challenges and a challenge winner but no eliminations as I don't want to put people off and also it would be a small group to start with so don't want to start eliminating people.

So, basically, I'm looking for people who:
-want to lose weight, make new friends and have some additional motivation
-are committed to doing the whole two months (it is a small group so I can't really having people dropping out right, left and centre so please only sign up for it if you know you can do the whole two months).
-are willing to contribute to a group (on the previous challenge a lot of people didn't contribute to posts etc. which kind of defeated the purpose of us having a group to help support and motivate each other so I would want people to try to post frequently on the group forum posts).

If you think you fit the bill and would love to get involved in something a bit different and motivating, reply to this thread! :)

Looking forward to hearing from you guys!

Replies

• Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    Sounds awesome....would love to join.
  • NatsJorg
    NatsJorg Posts: 28
    Options
    I want to join please!
  • GuruOnAMountain
    GuruOnAMountain Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Woohoo to having my first sign up :) Welcome to the team!
  • puffinclaire
    Options
    This sounds great. I'd love to join too please :)
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • spongebex
    spongebex Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Hi all - what a great idea! My timeline is set for September too so I would love to join and I am willing to contribute to discussions etc. Let me know if I can join.
  • Kashton2011
    Kashton2011 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    This sounds just like what I need! I'm definitely up for it.
  • SandyQ229
    SandyQ229 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    sounds pretty good to me but i wont' really be able to contribute to posts and such i work midnights. i can comment when i am awake at work at night. if thats cool im in..i have a bet going with a friend to see who can lose them most weight by November. so this will really help me...
  • GuruOnAMountain
    Options
    All you guys that have posted so far are in. Sandy, don't worry about when you post, as long as you post! I'm guessing we'll all be on different time zones, anyway, so posts will come flying in at all different times (I'm in the UK, for instance).

Once I have round about 20, I'll create a Group and get the link to you all for you to join.
  • Bovaryoo
    Bovaryoo Posts: 1,374 Member
    Options
    This sounds really great. I'm off for the summer and want to make sure I stay really active.
  • GuruOnAMountain
    Options
    Great to see so many people keen to sign up for this :) Got 8 names so far (9 including myself), so we'll see if anyone else signs up over the course of tonight. :)
  • babylove1951
    Options
    Hey, I am a September baby and I have to look good for the big 2-6 so I'm in. Woo-Hoo!!!!
  • GuruOnAMountain
    Options
    Awesome babylove...welcome to the team!
  • Tenoreo90
    Tenoreo90 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • Lindseyjobirkner
    Options
    I'm game....I'm pretty new so we'll see how it works. What do I need to do now??
    Lindsey
  • GuruOnAMountain
    Options
    Just hang on Lindseyjo....I'll get back to everyone on this thread once we have all the group members we need.
  • twinmom14ek
    twinmom14ek Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join--will need something to help keep me honest when I head out for vacation in July. Hoping I'm pretty close to my goal by the fall, so this challenge will be perfect!
  • butterflylover527
    butterflylover527 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join! That sounds like something to keep me motivated :happy:
  • Nicola1944
    Nicola1944 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Can i join? or have you got your 20?! x
  • GuruOnAMountain
    Options
    You can still join, Nicola.