How quickly did you lose the first 50lbs?

Options

Replies

• boelyn
    boelyn Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hey

I'm 41 and have lost 63 pounds since 1st January. Plan has been calorie counting and exercise increase. You can do it and good luck, feel free to add me if you want some cheering along x
  • torygirl79
    torygirl79 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I started my diet in January, had lost 50 pounds by May. Up into the 60s now.
  • torygirl79
    torygirl79 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Hey

I'm 41 and have lost 63 pounds since 1st January. Plan has been calorie counting and exercise increase. You can do it and good luck, feel free to add me if you want some cheering along x

I think you must be my secret twin! Well despite the age thing not working out....
  • Elise_healthy4life
    Elise_healthy4life Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    About 4/5 months working out six days a week I started heavier though at 353 :)
  • Kayleighpaul1985
    Kayleighpaul1985 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I started at 220.5lb and as of today I have lost 51lb

I joined the site on 4th Jan so just over 5 months ago

You can definately do it!

xx
  • Cheshire_Kat
    Cheshire_Kat Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have lost 39lbs in 3 months and 1 week. so i am assuming that i will loose the other 10 in the next 3-4 weeks. making it 4 months total.
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I joined here Jan 18 of this year, as of yesterday I was down 40 pounds, it took me 5 months. I do anywhere from 40-80 mins of cardio a day, weights 3 times a week, eat from 1200-1400 cals a day....it may not work for everyone, but it worked for me.

Best of luck!
  • neffesther
    neffesther Posts: 55
    Options
    It is possible!!!! Don't think about it in terms of 50 pounds all at one time. Make your first goal super simple, like five pounds. When you see you can reach that goal, it will make the next one seem even more possible.

I'm 28, started at 330 lbs, currently 260. Started in January of this year, so 70 pounds in 6 months for me. Not doing anything specific, just counting calories through MFP. I don't have a regular workout routine, but I work at a job where I'm on my feet for at least 5 hours a day.

You can do it! Good luck. :drinker:
  • alumpoflard
    alumpoflard Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hey

I think you must be my secret twin! Well despite the age thing not working out....

I think you are my secret triplets! Jan 1st started, calorie counting and 62lb down :-)!
  • cksmummy
    cksmummy Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Wow, thank you all sooo much for your replies, what a top site this is! Keep the motivating news coming!

I can't believe so many of you have lost so much weight in such a short time - sure has shaken my belief system! This is sooo inspirational. Thanks so much.

Will look forward to following your journeys and hopefully replicating your successes.
  • diver71_au
    diver71_au Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I have ditched 57lbs since Jan 5th - I am 41yo male and started at 235lbs
  • melhayes1115
    melhayes1115 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I am 37 and it took me 7-8 months to lose 50 lbs. I did/do a lot of cardio. Since I have always carried a lot of my weight in my hips, thighs, and butt, I started running. That seemed to have helped a lot.
  • NicoleR1980
    NicoleR1980 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    i am 32 and it took me nine months to lose 55 pounds plus i am weight training so it is taking me longer. You will get there stay positive and stay focused on your goal(s) by the looks of things:)
  • teresadutton
    teresadutton Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I lost my first 28 pounds in 6 weeks so I expect to lose the next 22 in the next 7 weeks to 11 weeks. Which would be a total of 13 to 17 weeks to lose 50 pounds. It all depends on my rate of lose per week. I've been losing between 2 and 3 pounds a week so as long as that keeps up. I am 38, eatting low cal and low carb and I just started excersizing 3 weeks ago, 5 days a week.
  • THEErikaR
    THEErikaR Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    50 lbs in 5 months!!

I'm 32 years old and my starting weight was 347 and as of a few days ago I now weigh about 297 (although it's not my weigh-in day the scale did show another 2 lbs lost this morning... so about 52 lbs lol :wink: )

I started only counting cals the whole first month, started exercising 6 days a week around a month and half in and I've been going ever since!! I feel amazing, I wouldn't trade this feeling for any BIg Mac, Soda or swiss cake roll in the world!!!

You can do it!!
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    1) Age: 33

2) 50 pound loss in 5 months (starting weight: 290)

3) Plan: MFP eating 1600-2000 cals from all food groups. I started with 1400 cals but quickly realized I needed more calories to fuel my exercise and stay above my BMR (listen to helloitsdan - he knows what he's talking about!!) I have done strength training from day 1 along with cardio. Cardio 2-3x/ week, strength training 3x/week. 1 or 2 rest days depending on what I've done and how I feel. There were some weeks I lost a lot, some weeks I lost nothing and some weeks I even gained. My average weekly weight loss though has been 2 pounds a week.

Good luck! Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like more support.
  • BobbieLee1959
    BobbieLee1959 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I have not reached 50 yet, but there is great satisfaction on the way! I am 46.5 lbs lighter today than I was on Feb. 1. I am 52 years old, and had a total abdominal hysterectomy on March 6 in my journey...so was unable to exercise until April 10. I was 290 to begin with and am down to 244.

YOU CAN DO THIS! You can easily attain a goal of 50 lbs by the end of the year, by being sensible in food choices and exercise!

Friend me if you would like to have some encouragement along the way!!
  • 5Btieden
    5Btieden Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I started in January and am down almost 40. It'll come off ;)
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    My first 50.... I was 34 years old started at 252 pounds and lost the first 50 in about 6 months by following the Weight Watcher plan at that time (in 2004). So it's possible if you have alot to lose to begin with and if you are committed to losing it.

Just remember everyone is different so everyone's weight loss is different too. Just do what you can do and be proud of all your weight loss accomplishments, big and small! :flowerforyou:
  • Brewster1620
    Brewster1620 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I haven't made 50 but this morning I was at 43.3, and I started around Feb. 15th. I've been losing about 10lbs/month so maybe it will be 5 months or a little more since the weight loss slows as you get thinner. I was 215 at start. It's hard to tell since everyone is different. I think the important thing is just to KEEP going. Don't get upset if you don't lose x lbs in x months. That was how I always sabotaged myself in the past. Now I just keep going and appreciate every bit of loss and just keep going... Best of Luck!

As a side note, do you have twins? I saw your u/s photo. I have triplets and twins.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!