Peanutbutter-what do you eat with it?

Options

Replies

• sarahd150
    sarahd150 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Apart from the standard answers (bananas, toast, or on a spoon) I like to eat it mixed with plain Greek yogurt, or (and it's ok if this sounds weird but seriously try it some time) on egg whites. I cook my eggs and then put 1T of unsalted, unsweetened pb on top. It's amazing. I buy the unsweetened, unsalted stuff from a co-op so it's basically just peanuts with a little oil. I like it because its a little more guilt free than the regular pb, and it doesn't have to be a sweet treat. I also like to make peanut sauce (usually on chicken/rice).

I would also recommend checking for other nut butters you like. There are many different kinds available depending on where you shop.
  • somatiff
    somatiff Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I make a smoothie...
    Any given frozen fruit (I do bananas, but you can do another since you're allergic)
    1cup skim milk
    1 tbsp peanut butter
    1 tbsp powdered coconut milk
    1 scoop protein powder or slim fast powder.

It's amazing! :)
  • Kaimana94
    Kaimana94 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Put in on a toasted english muffin with a little honey and wheat germ
  • milkdudd0486
    milkdudd0486 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    all you need is a spoon, or a finger. just scoop some up and lick away. lol!! i love peanut butter!
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    1. Chocolate chips inside a lump of it

2. Spread between 2 slices of cheese - no bread

3. In beef stew with soy sauce

4. On bread with Marmite http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marmite
  • monicasuze
    monicasuze Posts: 37
    Options
    Whole wheat crepe with peanut butter, nutella and strawberries. OMG. HEAVEN.
  • lelstar
    lelstar Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    If you don't like it, don't force it. I am sure your nutritionist and you can work around it.

thanks. i like it but i usually eat it with a ton of crackers and i am trying to find a healthier alternative. i like it with toast as well.

People around here think I'm crazy but you can make ants on logs! Celery with peanut butter in it and some sultanas on the peanut butter :-)
  • strawberrie_milk
    strawberrie_milk Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    It tastes awesome in oatmeal!
  • catweazle12
    catweazle12 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Right out of the jar with a spoon.

LOL This... I'm a PB addict
  • LoFoSho100
    LoFoSho100 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    On a chocolate rice cake! Mmmm! (I also like to add a light layer of cherry jam) Double mmm!

Another quick and easy PB idea is a scoop of ice cream or frozen yogurt with a TBS or 2 of peanut butter all mixed up.

On a spoon with a little bit of granola to give it some texture.

Last, but not least, I also love it on a small tortilla- a squirt of honey makes it even more perfect.

**Nutella is delightful, but I'd recommend all Nutella addicts try the hazelnut butter by JUSTIN'S... With the first ingredient being sugar and the second vegetable oil, Nutella has more sugar and fat than the it contains hazelnuts. Even cocoa powder takes a precident to the one natural product of the hazelnuts. Justin's Chocolate Hazelnut Butter has only 7 grams of sugar and double the protein of Nutella and it's delicious. And of course, unlike Nutella, Justin's is 100% vegan. Made of hazelnuts, almonds, cane sugar, organic cocoa cocoa butter, palm fruit oil, vanilla and sea salt.** :-)
  • bwdcjk
    bwdcjk Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Yeah I do not have this problem...I love peanut butter...it's an obsession sometimes, I eat it on celery, apples, waffles (low fat, whole wheat), rice cakes, I've dipped dried banana chips in it, I use powdered peanut butter (PB2) in my Body by Vi shakes. Mainly I am just happy to eat it out of the jar! Hope you find something you like it on.
  • RawrWolfie
    RawrWolfie Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    i'd say peanut butter and banana but if your trying to lose weight I wouldnt recommend that combo. If your doctor is recommending it for the protein why not eat red meats instead?
  • broxi1979
    broxi1979 Posts: 30
    Options
    Rice Cakes but always ensure it is the no added sugar organic type stuff ... like Whole Earth.
  • lauren3382
    lauren3382 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I eat it straight off the spoon!! I also like it on rice cakes and ezekiel bread.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    instead of PB, i eat pecans. they are super tasty!
  • jillica
    jillica Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    1 tablespoon PB + 1/2 pita bread = great snack!
  • babycook
    babycook Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I use to eat it with slice of whole wheat bread. Till I found out I had to lower my carbs. Then I added it to celery. I also add it to my steel cut oats in the morning. Or sometimes I add it to a smoothie. I also do the same with almond butter.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    apples, celery, pb&j, pb lollipop, etc.
  • janemem
    janemem Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if it's been mentioned before but peanut butter and Marmite go wonderfully together.
    Spread peanut butter on one slice of toast and another with Marmite and then just sandwich them together.
    Nom nom nom...........
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    banana
    celery
    carrots (this sounds weird, but it's really good)
    pretzels
    wheat tortilla