Bigger is not always better

Options
Hi everyone,

I'm Stacy, a 40 year old wife and mom from Oregon, USA. I've been reading some of the posts from people also new to this site, and I have to say, I feel like the big girl on the block.. I have 66 pounds to lose to get to my goal weight. I plan on photo-documenting my journey, and so yesterday I took my first set of pics. I knew I was overweight, but I had no idea that I looked *that* big.

I have decided to set mini-goals for myself, with my first goal to lose 10% of my weight. In my case, I'm starting at 184 pounds, so that would be a loss of approximately 18 pounds.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting to know other people and to share in the process of becoming healthier and thinner.

Best of luck to everyone,

Stacy

Replies

• SamanthaD23
    SamanthaD23 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have 146 lbs to lose. So you ain't all that :)

Welcome, hello. Goodluck :)

Oh and please add me if you like :)
  • Christi6604
    Christi6604 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I've lost 65 so far and have another 15 to go...so I'm with illonavamp. :laugh:
  • stacy_7171
    stacy_7171 Posts: 21
    Options
    Enjoyed your humorous and friendly reply! Thanks. :laugh:

I've noticed that several people have skinny profile pics, but say they have a lot of weight to lose. Either they carry their weight from the neck down, or these are "Before They Were Big" photos. Personally, I'm waiting until I lose one of my chins before I post a profile photo. I'm chicken that way.
  • stacy_7171
    stacy_7171 Posts: 21
    Options
    Congrats, Christi, on your weight loss thus far. That must feel so wonderful. I'm so envious!
  • nik0878
    nik0878 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. However, after being overweight for awhile, I have mastered the "fat girl angle" when taking pictures lol. Most of my pictures on facebook are just of my face. I have about 40-45 lbs to lose....

I've noticed that several people have skinny profile pics, but say they have a lot of weight to lose. Either they carry their weight from the neck down, or these are "Before They Were Big" photos. Personally, I'm waiting until I lose one of my chins before I post a profile photo. I'm chicken that way.
  • susandhicks69
    susandhicks69 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You're not alone in this battle. I have 50 pounds to lose before I reach my goal weight.
  • michellegoljar
    Options
    I have afurther 67 to lose by january (for medical reasons) and then probablt a further 28 after that???

This site is fab for support

Add me if you would like to
  • MommaKit79
    MommaKit79 Posts: 852
    Options
    When I started, I had 50 lbs to lose to get to my First, feel-comfortable, see-how-I-Look goal of 200lbs. So, Good Luck on your journey!! Feel free to add me if you want! :)
  • schonkreuz
    schonkreuz Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I know, I see all these people with 4-30 lbs to lose and I;m like =.=. Also the "fat girl angle" comment gave me a good chuckle.
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    Uhm......... Your STARTING weight is how much I have lost so far. I have lost 184 lbs and still have about 20 to go........ You are NOT the big girl!!!!!
  • MikeDaMotivator
    MikeDaMotivator Posts: 1,144
    Options
    Welcome Stacey. Everything will workout.
  • KellyAlyssa84
    Options
    Good luck! It's great that you set little goals, I think that's the best approach than trying to tackle it head on--which can be very frustrating and overwhelming. You got this.
  • AnitaVolpato
    AnitaVolpato Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Hi Stacy! I am Anita a almost 38 year old new stay at home mother. Good luck on your weight loss. I have 50 lbs to lose to be back to my normal weight. I don't have any recent pics because I hide from the camera, actually there is one on my profile but it's a neck up photo just a chunky face staring at you...LOL... I am not used to being overweight. I have a 9 month old that is my 3rd child but the weight didn't come off this time? If you need to talk I am around here everyday. I stay home every now and then I get a chance to go to Walmart or Kroger's... but that is about it... LOL.... :)
  • LeighLeighCruz
    Options
    I like the photo tracking idea, I do the same thing because often when I'm on the scale I get discouraged, but the camera doesn't lie (Unless like a lot of us you have mastered the "angle" lol) and I can see the changes happening to my body. Often that is what keeps me going. Also keep in mind that when people start to lose weight it goes from the top to bottom so possibly (like my pic) they have lost weight and it shows in their face most. Iv lost 30 before I joined the site starting 225, still 30 to go until goal, always looking for support so feel free to add if you please.

Best of luck on your journey
  • rmil102
    rmil102 Posts: 11
    Options
    I need to know about this 'fat girl' angle!! :-)

I don't have a double chin normally but it appears sometimes when I smile on photos and I hate it!!! I know losing weight will help and I'm doing that but until then what ate your tips for a good pose???
  • kie_kie
    kie_kie Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I have 146 pounds to lose! now thats a whole lot lol. Just taking everything one step at a time tho. As for the "fat girl angle" I think I have mastered it lol. A lot of people see me and exclaim how different I look from my photos ( I nice way of saying how much fatter I look)
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Welcome ...... and do not be afraid :flowerforyou:

I lost 40+ lbs a few years back & maintained ...... now I'm going to lose some more ...... and if I can lose weight, anyone can !

This is a great adventure ...... happy losing !
  • senyosmom
    senyosmom Posts: 613 Member
    Options

I used a pic of my son as my profile picture :)
  • LeighLeighCruz
    Options
    haha fat girl angle is usually from up above, head turned a little to the side for me :0)
  • Puppygirl29
    Options
    Hey, Stacy
    Just the fact the you are here and trying to improve your health is a wonderful!
    Good for you! Take it a day at a time, a pound at a time and keep moving forward!
    You are not alone! YOU GO GIRL!:smile: