Anyone wanna join? 30 Day Shred Today!

Options

Replies

• DianneOfTheMoon
    DianneOfTheMoon Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Good for you, girl! What do you think of Level 1?
  • aztraea
    aztraea Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I've pretty much got level 1 down now that I've started it 20 different times lol. I know the first few times I ever did it I made it like 10 minutes in and nearly died! I've never tried level 2 or 3 though!
  • kburgess247
    kburgess247 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Oh just did Day 1 today!! Been power walking and stretched out much more than she recommends so the soreness is at a minimum. But we'll see how I feel tomorrow.

Have people decided in advance which days they will take off (I've heard that she recommends only doing this for 5 days per week)? Or are you just feeling it out as you go? Or is it OK to just do it everyday since it is only 20 minutes?
  • aztraea
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing. I've read conflicting recommendations online. I prefer just doing everything M-F because I get way busy (er, lazy!) on the weekends, but haven't decided yet.
  • DianneOfTheMoon
    Options
    I was able to make it through the whole 20 minutes, but I was good and tired! I think I'm going to do each level for ten days and do it every day since this is my first time around and see how that works out.
  • eissak
    eissak Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Fridays will be my off days because I work two jobs and just won't have the time. I'm not sure how it will fit in with c25k that I'm doing also. Don't want to over do it, but don't want to give up either!
  • DianneOfTheMoon
    Options
    I think she recommends to have one rest day anyways :)
  • xoxo99
    xoxo99 Posts: 36
    Options
    Hi everyone. Just saw this today but am on board (will just be a day behind everyone else!) I'm in for this challenge and am heading to my basement to do the 30DS. I have only done it once before.....months and months ago......I recall that it was really hard which is why I think I haven't touched it again since! ha! Wish me luck!
  • trina_apple
    Options
    Day 9 done! One more day until Level 2!! I'm excited to start the second level!!
  • lilmama001
    Options
    OK OK OK!! After reading all the inspirational posts....Ya'll twist my arm. I'm going to start the 30DS. Thanks for the movtivation for adding strength training to my routine. I needed it! Can't wait to see ALL of our progress! WE CAN DO IT! YEAH 30DS TEAM!!!!!
  • katielangley
    katielangley Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I will take pics tonight and start tomorrow;)
  • DianneOfTheMoon
    Options
    I'm gonna go all cowgirl and just throw out a YEEEE HAW!!! Lol, so glad you all joined! Just finished day 3 this morning and I felt it was a "touch" easier. I just keep saying "20 minutes a day, 20 minutes a day, come on weakling you can handle 20 minutes a day". We all can, fo sho!!!!! Here's to lookin' HOT! And, apparently you can't say the word puppy with s's in the middle instead of p's? They *'d it out, I thought we were all adults here. Oh well.
  • eissak
    eissak Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Did day 2 last night and it was easier, and I'm not as sore today as I thought I would be. Thank goodness! Didn't get a chance to run because I had to cut the grass and it was dark by then, but day 2 done. Day 3 after I get off work today! I was relieved that it was a little easier even though I was sore. My quads were screamin!! We got this :)
  • rdy2begin
    rdy2begin Posts: 170
    Options
    I so want to join ...I NEED this ..I have been out of the loop for months ,Just came back to MFP today , and in order for me to get back I need to jump in NOW ....so thank YOU . Do we need to post daily as ...workout :check starting goal weight etc....Thanks
  • aztraea
    Options
    I'm taking a rest day because my knees and elbows are killing me. I don't think it's necessarily 30DS that's doing it as I was trying out a new cardio dvd the last couple of days too and it had a lot of kickboxing moves. I'll rejoin y'all tomorrow!
  • DianneOfTheMoon
    Options
    I so want to join ...I NEED this ..I have been out of the loop for months ,Just came back to MFP today , and in order for me to get back I need to jump in NOW ....so thank YOU . Do we need to post daily as ...workout :check starting goal weight etc....Thanks

Glad to have you! And yes, you definitely can do that, I like to check in every day, but you don't have to. And I also took pictures so I can compare my progress at the finish line, good luck!!
  • LisAllum
    LisAllum Posts: 55
    Options
    I started the 30 Day Shred a couple of months ago and got to day 3, then fell and injured my knees :(
    I'll be your cheer leader until I'm allowed to take it up again! Good luck everyone!!!!!!!

p.s. I lost 7lbs in the 3 days I did it, so I would highly recommend it!
  • Parkerec
    Parkerec Posts: 1
    Options
    just seeing this and I want to join -- will take photos tonight and start Day 1 -- are we doing weekly weigh ins or photos ...
  • LaniCanDoIt
    Options
    I am going to start Day 1 today. Pretty excited to try something new, I hope I can see some outcome.
  • DianneOfTheMoon
    Options
    just seeing this and I want to join -- will take photos tonight and start Day 1 -- are we doing weekly weigh ins or photos ...

You guys can do it however you wish, I weigh in every Monday and I'm taking monthly pictures of my progress, a lot of people are also taking measurements because it is said that some people do not lose pounds but inches, good luck!