10 lbs by July 1???

Options
2»

Replies

• nurseslim
    nurseslim Posts: 2
    Options
    I too would like to lose 10lbs by July. I turn 40 in July and wanted to lose 60lb and I have not been able to focus. I just joined fitness pal today and hope to at least reward myself with having lost 10lbs by my birthday. I need to keep loosing after that of course but I figure it will be my gift to me :) Lets do this together!!!:smile:
  • steveinct
    steveinct Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I stumbled across this:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/635529-corn-used-my-man-parts-as-a-speedbag

I think it sums up everything about quick fixes vs. sustainable change. It is awesome to read the comments from others.

Well, some of his list is true, some is very misleading and possibly could border on ignorance. I will give an example or two:

He says "You don't need to avoid white bread or potatoes or beans or rice or _____________ (insert food here) unless you've got an intolerance/allergy/medical condition.".. This is true, but misleading since the majority of people believe a food allergy means they would experience anaphylaxis. Since their throat isn't swelling, they think they are fine to eat a certain food. Most people don't realize that 15% (1 in 7) are sensitive to wheat. Add in people sensitive to other foods and you will have a pretty large chunk of the population. The only way most people figure out they are intolerant to a food is by elimination. So, when someone suggests an elimination, it shouldn't be immediately dismissed because some dude wrote a post on an MFP board.

He also claims "You don't need to eat breakfast to get your metabolism started.". Again, true, but misleading. He should do some homework about anabolism and catabolism. Sure, you can skip breakfast and you will continue to burn calories, but you will also be eating away the muscle you worked so hard to get. Is that smart?

There are others but I am not here to tear down the guy. Many of his points were good. Just remember to take everything with a grain of salt and research. research, research. Also, what works for one person may not work for another even if we arm ourselves with the most up to date research.
  • Heyman09
    Heyman09 Posts: 184
    Options
    I started losing weight in Feb. of 11.....I was working out and breastfeeding my daughter who is now 15 months old. It took a lot of hard work but I was down 60 lbs by Dec. and then I stopped.....There was Christmas, New Years, then my dad died in Feb. of this year.....since then I have been stalled and when I weighed this morning I thought "This is it I have to do something" I know it may be ridiculous but I have to somehow motivate myself....and if I can't lose but 5 lbs by July first and I know I gave it my all I will be happy. I just need to know I can get back in the saddle. I guess 10 lbs was a little much I just need to know I can do it!!!!
  • steveinct
    steveinct Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    You can do it.. Just create a small goal, achieve it, make a new one, lather, rinse, repeat. You will get there!
  • monkeyriley
    monkeyriley Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I started losing weight in Feb. of 11.....I was working out and breastfeeding my daughter who is now 15 months old. It took a lot of hard work but I was down 60 lbs by Dec. and then I stopped.....There was Christmas, New Years, then my dad died in Feb. of this year.....since then I have been stalled and when I weighed this morning I thought "This is it I have to do something" I know it may be ridiculous but I have to somehow motivate myself....and if I can't lose but 5 lbs by July first and I know I gave it my all I will be happy. I just need to know I can get back in the saddle. I guess 10 lbs was a little much I just need to know I can do it!!!!

Sorry about your father's passing. I think small goals are awesome! It was how I was able to lose weight. Personally, with the tools here, I was able to determine how 300 extra calories a day equated to me weighing what I did.

Finally, I met with my doctor before starting this journey. I got a physical with the blood panel, etc. and learned some hard truths about the decisions that I was making could potentially lead to some disastrous results. My doctor advised me on a goal weight, reminded me that caloric intake is king and that exercise is good for the cardiovascular system/ overall health and sent me on my way.

Best of luck to you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!