Advocare???

Options
2»

Replies

• yentess
    yentess Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I love the products! They are a little pricey for me though. I use spark since I don't drink any soda or coffee and it gives me a great energy boost when I am dragging.
  • Meisterberger
    Options
    I have the cleanse and 24 day challenge sitting at home. Haven't got around to doing it yet, though.
    "Cleanse" -- that's always a red flag.

Everyone I've spoken to that has done it has told me I will not be spending hours on the toilet :) It's a very gentle cleanse and trust me, I need it.
  • yentess
    yentess Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Definately a gentle cleanse. You won't have any stomach cramping or unpleasant side effects. Also you won't be spending your day on the pot, but maybe two to three times per day.
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    Just an FYI: You CAN NOT get all your daily nutrition with foods alone. Supplements help with that. Its proven. Ask any nutritionist.

Wrong!
  • reedkaus
    reedkaus Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    There's no 'i' in Teamocil...at least not where you'd think

haha FOR THE WIN! love that show
  • jamie78
    jamie78 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I have the cleanse and 24 day challenge sitting at home. Haven't got around to doing it yet, though.
    "Cleanse" -- that's always a red flag.

Everyone I've spoken to that has done it has told me I will not be spending hours on the toilet :) It's a very gentle cleanse and trust me, I need it.

It is very gentle :)
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I tried it several years ago and ended up with the most horrific headaches you would ever imagine. It was fine at first but by three weeks, I was in unfunctional pain. I'm generally not headache prone so it took me by surprise. There are better safer products on the market IMO.
  • Time2Thrive
    Time2Thrive Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I tried it several years ago and ended up with the most horrific headaches you would ever imagine. It was fine at first but by three weeks, I was in unfunctional pain. I'm generally not headache prone so it took me by surprise. There are better safer products on the market IMO.

I would agree with this. I had the worst time while on the product. Actually did it for a couple of months but in the long run stopped.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    This is not your typical cleanse! You eat great food on this one! You basically just cut dairy and sugar out and white carbs :) so dont judge before you know!
    Definately a gentle cleanse. You won't have any stomach cramping or unpleasant side effects. Also you won't be spending your day on the pot, but maybe two to three times per day.

What are y'all hoping to "cleanse"?

Cleansing for "detox"?

"The best way to 'detox' the body is simply to let your body do its job. Unless you have a medical problem, your body takes care of itself quite nicely, experts say.

"The liver and kidneys are nature's best-kept secret, because they are the weapons to eliminate toxins from your body," says Gerbstadt. "If you are concerned about certain substances in your diet, it is easier and safer to simply eliminate [those substances] rather than engage in unhealthy detox plans."

http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=64306
    http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/detox-diets-purging-myths

"Cleansing" your colon?

According to Chau Che MD, with New York University:

"Despite evidence to the contrary, the idea that colon cleansing is therapeutic by removing impurities, lives on. However, these claims largely fail to consider normal physiology. The digestive tract has inherent properties that work to clean our colon. After food ingestion, the small intestine absorbs nutrients and contracts to move indigestible residue into the colon. The colon continues the digestive process by absorbing and secreting electrolytes and fluids while its resident bacteria ferments the undigested food products. These are just some of the many mechanisms in which the digestive tract works in order to ensure that the colon does not become encrusted with fecal matter as some products claim. The black, rubbery material passed on a colon cleanse is actually a byproduct from the supplements and fiber in the colon cleansing product as opposed to old fecal material, in which consumers are led to believe."

http://www.clinicalcorrelations.org/?p=1605
    Reviewed by Michael Poles MD and Fritz Francois MD, NYU Division of Gastroenterology

Cleanses are a joke, cleansing nothing but one's wallet.
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Just an FYI: You CAN NOT get all your daily nutrition with foods alone. Supplements help with that. Its proven. Ask any nutritionist.

Broscience at its best.....

If that's the case, how did people get all their nutritional needs in the past BEFORE supplements? How did the human race evolve as a species without them?

Thank goodness I'm not the only one who thought this was a ridiculous statement!
  • SNorris01
    SNorris01 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I used to be a distributor I dropped out found out a lot of things under the workings are as they appear. The Dr's they say are on the board are actually paid to say they are, hmmmm makes you think about what the product really has to offer. Besides anything that says "supplements" don't have to go through FDA for approval unless they are found harmful. After watching a special on HBO with pills being package by illegals for a penny each most of them filled with 70% whey powder and only .5% actual product in them also makes me rethink of what is really in "supplements".

So the Dr's are supposed to work for free? Hmm interesting..lol

You know what I mean...they are not on the board at all, but they are paid to say they are. Just like paid advertising people on TV.
  • LauraSchaller
    LauraSchaller Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Day 10 on the 24-Day Challenge and I feel the best I have felt in a LONG, LONG time. Say what you want... I kept putting it off for a long time and finally decided one day to just do it. I'm so glad I did. Different things work for different people - looking forward to seeing how this works out long term.
  • jwillie76
    jwillie76 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I tried it about a year ago....will not do again. It was $$$$ and the stuff you have to drink is so thick and nasty! Makes me almost gag thinking about it. LOL! Eating right and being active is better for you and doesn't cost a bundle.