How do you like your coffee? ( or tea)

Options

Replies

• staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Black coffee with 1 pack Equal - went cold turkey from creamer when I started this Lifestyle Change two years ago. Those extra calories wouldn't amount to squat today, but back then it was all or nothing for me. :wink: :wink: :wink:
  • jgunn81
    jgunn81 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    For coffee:
    1 tsp pure cane sugar per 8oz cup

For tea:
    1 tsp honey per 8oz cup

mmmmm, hits the spot every time
  • Yes2HealthyAriel
    Yes2HealthyAriel Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I drink mine with 1 teaspoon of sugar free creamer and 1 packet of sweetener
  • ashleyacee
    ashleyacee Posts: 118
    Options
    I don't like to drink my calories, I usually have it black with cinnamon to kick the metabolism and insulin levels in gear :) sometimes I like to have a splash of almond milk and splenda or keurig vanilla coffee cups which are 15 cals.
  • griselturner
    griselturner Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Leche con Cafe - a cup of 2% Lactaid Milk, a tsp of Folger's Instant Coffee and three packs of Truvia....BEST THING EVER til I found out it was 130 cal....so now I'm drinking it like this, cup of hot water, tsp of Folgers and 3 packs of Truvia....not the same but it will do. One cup in the morning is all I need and I'm good to go!!!
  • natvanessa
    natvanessa Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm in the minority here in that I like it black.
    Love the flavor of coffee so why cover it up. Yum. Oh and the thicker and stronger and blacker the better!!
  • BreakingUpWith75lbs_Cass
    Options
    one zero calorie sweetener and a splash of milk.
  • twistofcain
    twistofcain Posts: 190
    Options
    Blacker than a Nigerian.

or with two tablespoons of Baileys Irish Cream Creme Brulee creamer...just found it...yum.
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Plain, the way they are meant to be.

Things like lattes go it the dessert category and don't qualify as coffee. :)
  • Lidenbrock
    Lidenbrock Posts: 47
    Options
    Black - tea or coffee
  • bratleen
    bratleen Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I always say I like my coffee the same way I like my men, strong, dark, and bitter....

I take coffee with skim milk no sugar, or unsweetened almond milk no sugar...unless of course it's an Irish coffee...then it's demerara sugar (itsp), Irish Whiskey, and whipped cream....yummmmm

Tea with a little honey or plain...no milk...
  • allisonmrn
    allisonmrn Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    Strong and black. With a couple drops of liquid stevia extract.....YUMMY. The bigger the better... :drinker:
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    Im a tea drinker. I like it with a good drop of milk and no sugar!
  • briannabarber4
    Options
    I like a little coffee with my cream...However I do try to limit the cream. But the real problem is the sugar. If my coffee or tea is not sweet enough; it is just not worth drinking...So I am also trying to teach my taste buds to enjoy the coffee/tea rather than a butt load of sugar.
  • patchesgizmo
    patchesgizmo Posts: 244 Member
    Options

how do you guys drink your coffee? (or tea)

candied -- white chocolate mocha creamer with ovaltine malt mix
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    White tea, iced with 1 1/2 packets of Truvia mixed in while steeping. The ice has to be crushed! No bigger than a large marble/ :wink:

yay white tea!

haven't tried it iced yet though.
  • sthrnchick
    sthrnchick Posts: 771
    Options
    Black coffee with a tbs of extra virgin coconut oil melted in....nom..nom...nommy!
  • BuckeyeBabe10
    BuckeyeBabe10 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Coffee - straight black (I drink it for the taste more than the caffeine - weird, I know haha)

Hot Tea - straight (no cream, lemon, sugar, etc. - I look for good green tea flavors; I like to accommodate for taste)

Iced Tea - unsweetened with splenda or artificial sweetener (1/2 packet - 2 packets depending on the size of the drink; occasionally with lemon if I'm at a restaurant and it comes with one in it already).

BUT...I'm trying to drink a heck of a lot more water on a daily basis and cut down on my coffee intake...I don't typically drink iced tea unless I'm at a restaurant...and I'm trying to drink more (hot) green tea for the additional hydration and health benefits. :o)
  • Littlemissjackie1
    Littlemissjackie1 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Tea - usual herbal with a teaspoon of honey, or chi tea low fat milk or vanilla soy

Coffee- 1 or 2 8 oz cups every morning. With to packets of splenda and a table spoon of white chocolate macademia creamer

mmmm!
  • tizzie_14
    tizzie_14 Posts: 72
    Options
    Dark with skim milk, no sugar. :)