7 Weeks & 10 Lbs Til Christmas!

Options
Today marks 7 weeks until Christmas, and I am going to buckle down and lose my last and final 10 lbs!

Anyone serious about reaching their goals want to join me? Check in here to support? Share our tips for success?

I've had great success on this program, losing almost 20 lbs in my first three months. Then I got the flu (which lingered for 6 weeks) and went on maintenance calories, and maintained my weight nicely. Now I am ready to take off this last 10 lbs.

My Plan:
- stick to my MFP calorie goal precisely (I want a slight grumble in my tummy at night)
- choose good quality calories with AT LEAST 7 servings of fruit and veg per day
- another round of P90X with at least two additional 5km runs per week

What's your plan to get fitter by Christmas?
:flowerforyou:

Replies

• calabrdm
    calabrdm Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I am in... that is my goal too. Looking forward to getting tips.
  • 135gratitude
    Options
    I am in... that is my goal too. Looking forward to getting tips.

Welcome! I read your profile and we seem similar! I also have two kids, work part time from home, and also want to get into the best shape of my life. Congrats on all that you've lost already - that is amazing.

Do you know P90X? That has changed my body more than anything else!

We will both reach our goals for Christmas!
    Betty
  • calabrdm
    Options
    I am doing insanity by beachbody right now. It is awesome.
  • 135gratitude
    Options
    I am doing insanity by beachbody right now. It is awesome.

Ohh! What is that one? I'm interested...
    :smile:
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    I am also trying to lose 10 - 12 lbs by xmas. I slacked off A LOT last week and now I'm ready to give it my all. I bought Turbo Jam but haven't started it yet. anyone had any success with that before or has any tips about it?
  • iluv70s
    iluv70s Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Count me in too. I want to lose 10 lbs. by Christmas. I'm working with a personal trainer. I'm thinking of ordering the 10 min. trainer by Tony Horton (P90X guy). Has anyone tried that one yet, I think it's new.

We can all do this!!:smile:
  • kiafolla117
    Options
    I just started P90X last week. It's a killer program but I like how it makes me feel afterwards, like I got a great work out. The only problem with it is trying to squeeze in the hour it takes to do it. I work full time and have a 9 year old son so I usually don't get to do it until around 9pm.

When did you start noticing the difference with the program while using MFP?

I need to loose 10 lbs but by January 30th. It's my sister-in-laws wedding that day.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    10lbs on P90X in time for January should be a breeze! Just watch what you eat and drink lots of water
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Ok Betty I'm in! I'm going to cut out the sweets (Halloween leftovers are killing me!) and make sure to do some sort of exercise everyday. I will be using my Wii, and various exercise dvds that I have (pilates, Yoga etc).
    I need to get 10 pounds off to boost my weight loss again, since (as you know) I too had the flu I have bee n slacking off and haven't done as much as I want or should be doing.
    Lets do it folks!!!!!!!!! :bigsmile:
  • rachmj526
    rachmj526 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

I'm in for this! I've had a rough week or so, where most days I do good most of the day and then I don't know what happens in the evening. :grumble: But I managed to stick to it yesterday, and I'm feeling much better about it today! My biggest problem has been my back the last couple of days. It is just now starting to feel much better.

I usually do great with my calories, but I have NOT been able to get myself back into a regular fitness routine. So, that's my goal. Hopefully that will be the change that helps me to get off these couple extra pounds from the last week and the other last few pounds I was having trouble with before. I was basically stuck. And after a loss of 10lbs, I just want to become more fit feeling and looking!

Thanks for starting this! :flowerforyou:

Rachel
  • calabrdm
    Options
    I am also trying to lose 10 - 12 lbs by xmas. I slacked off A LOT last week and now I'm ready to give it my all. I bought Turbo Jam but haven't started it yet. anyone had any success with that before or has any tips about it?

I loved Turbo Jam.... that was the first beachbody set that I bought. Make sure youhave weighted gloves and you will really suceed.
  • whidbeyweight
    whidbeyweight Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    that is just about all i have left to lose! 8lbs... but it takes a lot of effort for me to lose
    i joined another group, but this one is exactly where i need to be... totally possible. 8lbs 7weeks :glasses:
  • 135gratitude
    Options
    Welcome everyone - yay - we are going to DO THIS!!!

We'll lose at LEAST 7 lbs and at MOST 14 lbs - so as long as we stick to our plans, we will meet with success!!!!
    Betty
  • 135gratitude
    Options
    iluv70's...
    10 Minute Trainer is excellent - also by Tony Horton (like P90X) - that is one you can squeeze in a few times a day.
    :)

Kiafolla117...
    P90X at 9:00 p.m. is good! I do my runs in the morning and then P90X at night with my hubby after we've put the kids to bed, so some nights we don't get to it until around 8:30/9:00 p.m. Then a nice relaxing bath, some tv, and bed. It also help me cut out any night time snacking, and I found using those calories during the day gave me more energy. I think you will love it!

I noticed a difference, honestly, within a week! My hubby's been doing it since Sept, and while he was fit before, he's lost about 10 lbs and has ripped abs - he's done soooo well! I want to really stick to it to see better results myself.

Hey Jenn!!...
    Let's do it!! Throw that Halloween candy away. I tossed the kids bags on Sunday night, and they never noticed, and it saved me.

nolachick...
    I have Turbo Jam ready and waiting to go! My friend loaned me the disks and just loved loved loved it!
  • whidbeyweight
    whidbeyweight Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    2lbs down~ finally my weight was not wanting to go down, finally i see a loss!!
  • 135gratitude
    Options
    2lbs down~ finally my weight was not wanting to go down, finally i see a loss!!

Congrats on the 2lbs! You look AMAZING!!! Looks like you are at a perfect weight! Congrats.

How do you like the P90X? I'm just getting back into it myself.
  • calabrdm
    Options
    I only lost .2 this week. I guess lunch in NYC wasn't such a good idea!
  • 135gratitude
    Options

You are still moving in the right direction!

Can I ask an unrelated question... is there much to do in NYC for kids? (aged 2&4) We are thinking of taking a trip, and are debating bringing the kids. I wonder if even getting around the city will be challenging. Thanks for any tips! :flowerforyou:
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join? I just read (with shock) that Christmas is only 7 weeks away. I think having a goal like this will help me get (and stay) focused... I'd love to be 10 lbs lighter by December 25!
  • calabrdm
    Options

You are still moving in the right direction!

Can I ask an unrelated question... is there much to do in NYC for kids? (aged 2&4) We are thinking of taking a trip, and are debating bringing the kids. I wonder if even getting around the city will be challenging. Thanks for any tips! :flowerforyou:

If you have little girls, the American Girl Factory rocks. We have taken the kids to several shows in NYC. However, it was so much better when my youngest got to be about 6. They get too tired before that age and stroller stink to bring around. We took my son to the Gazillion Bubble show and he loved it. The Toys r us in Time Square is awesome too, m and m factory too. I wouldn't go to Manhattan during the Holidays with the little ones... it is just tooooooooooo crowded.