Headaches??

Options
Hi, since joining MFP, and dropping my calories to 1200 a day, I have been feeling a bit lightheaded and getting headaches lately. Has anyone experienced this problem? will this problem go away or am I jeopardizing my health?

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    low sodium (salt) will do that, especially common on low carb diets.
  • semeyer
    semeyer Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking enough water? :drinker: Drink. Drink. Drink.
  • AegyooSasoou
    AegyooSasoou Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I've been going over my recommended carbs lately, maybe sodium is the reason????
  • AegyooSasoou
    Options
    @semeyer You are sooo right, I have been off my water game. I'm going to go grab a bottle right now =)
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    What is your activity level? Most likely 1200 calories is too low for you. I've been there done that.
  • cfm919
    cfm919 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I recently started a diet and yes I have been getting headaches. I think its because I use to eating more than 2000+ calories a day and my first day I only ate about 800. MFP told me that I need to eat more calories try 1200. Not sure where you started but they have me starting out at 1700 a day....way too much! I'll try for the 1200 thank you mfp!!!
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    too much water will flush out the sodium. Crazy idea.
  • AegyooSasoou
    Options
    @ pinuplove Some days I move around a lot, other days I just sit at home all day. But I don't exercise, just a lot of housework.
  • Rosered3333
    Rosered3333 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Housework can be work too. Make sure you log it when you do it. This past weekend I wore my pedometer while cleaning and I walked two miles around my house while cleaning for 3 hours.

My blood sugar is sensitive so I will get terrible headaches when I don't eat. I have to eat every 3-4 hours to prevent headaches so that might contribute to it too.
  • AegyooSasoou
    Options
    @Yarwell, I like your pic by the way....I too think starvation mode is a myth. lol bac to the topic, i'll try adding more sodium to my diet
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i do low-carb.
    once i start to slide into ketosis, my headaches disappear!
  • samn337
    samn337 Posts: 6
    Options
    Ever since I have dieted, I tended to reduce my water I drink per day, which caused me to have headaches and bad head rushes. Drink lots of water! I didn't drink it for the longest time because it gave me the bloated feeling. Trust me, it's very crucial
  • AegyooSasoou
    Options
    Thanks Rosered, I typed washing dishes into my exercise log, but nothing came up =(. And I do not have a pedometer. Maybe eating every 3-4 hrs is the answer. But what would I eat without going above my calorie intake?
  • AegyooSasoou
    Options
    Thanks for all the answers you guys =)
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    Thanks Rosered, I typed washing dishes into my exercise log, but nothing came up =(. And I do not have a pedometer. Maybe eating every 3-4 hrs is the answer. But what would I eat without going above my calorie intake?

try cleaning, light, moderate effort.
  • AegyooSasoou
    Options
    @caraiselite ooooohh. thanks I found it =)
  • angelakj23
    angelakj23 Posts: 51
    Options
    You can also adjust your food diary to show if you are getting enough salt. That way you are not just trying to add things without really knowing if that is the problem. It could be not enough water and not enough calories. Whatever it is I hope you get it under control soon. I suffer from migraine headaches and know how terrible they are to put up with. Feel better soon! :flowerforyou:
  • AegyooSasoou
    Options
    Thannnnnnnkkkkk youuuuuu :happy: