Hi, new male here.

Options
Hi. My name is Dave and joined MFP a few days ago. I was on and off weightwatchers for years and what Iiked about it was the feeling of being accountable for my actions with the weekly weigh in. I don't like the new point system so decided to try MFP. I'm looking for advice on how I can get that same feeling of accountability using MFP so that I don't stray from my plan which is what I ultimately always do. I have gained and lost the same 20 pounds for years and would like to try and lose it then keep it off. Thanks!

Replies

• gin_gin
    gin_gin Posts: 184
    Options
    hello and welcome to MFP, first thing to make yourself accountable is to fill in your food diary everyday
    and add some friends to your list to help support and motivate you :)
  • joeystilley
    Options
    Also make your diary public so everyone can see it.. and add the goal ticker to your page and posts
  • YankeesLvr52
    YankeesLvr52 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I find that I am more accountable and aware if I make my diary entries immediately after I eat whatever it is. If you wait to add things later, you may forget or lose track of everything you've put in your mouth, and ultimately go over your daily limit. When I go out to eat, I try and look up what it is I am thinking of ordering before I do to see what the nutritional data looks like and determine if I can "afford" to eat it given my daily allowance. Bottom line here is that all the advice here is beneficial. Tailor it for you, your body and your goals and lean on others for support...never hesitate to ask for help...it's why we are all here...to help each other on our mutually shared journey to weight loss, fitness and happiness....and finally as others have suggested, make your diary public and open to suggestions and scrutiny by your friends who are all in the same boat. P.S. - Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like.
  • Daisygirl1024
    Options
    Everyone is different, but I too need to be accountable...and especially to myself! So I weigh in here 3x a week! You might only want to do it once a week, but I love how keeping track on the food diary makes you AWARE of everything you eat, it also motivates me to exercise! And by not ignoring the scales, it keeps you on track!

And definitely having the support system here on MFP is great!!! Start adding friends because we are all here for the same reason!!!! :)

Good luck! You CAN do it!!!
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    You got this man. Everyone here is supportive and at the same time, will kick you in the bum if you mess up!

In a... metaphysical sense.
  • KrysGettinFit
    KrysGettinFit Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I'm new here too! I tried weight watchers and it wasn't for me, I have a lot of friends that were doing this so I decided to join. Welcome aboard! The accountability is always nice to have, I like it a lot because everyone sees what I eat so I can't go off and have chips and dip whenever I want! You can do this!! :smile:
  • Betsnikel
    Betsnikel Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I find just by doing my diary right after I eat something I am more concious of what I am doing. And I try to do my diary right after I eat so I don't forget anything.
  • jeffsinkw
    jeffsinkw Posts: 16
    Options
    Welcome. I'm new to this site also but I was willing to try. So far so good.