Something you ate, knowing something was wrong with it...

Options
2»

Replies

• boldtsmith
    boldtsmith Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I actually haven't :( For me, I'd rather go hungry than risk getting sick. Well, no, as a kid I ate hot dogs raw and I also ate the cookie dough with raw eggs. :P

Wait. Raw hot dogs are inedible? :sad:
    Raw hot dogs are just bologna :bigsmile:
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I have started eating a hamburger only to notice that its still pink in the middle.
    Funny, that's how I prefer my hamburger! If that gets you, you wouldn't want to see how I like my steak!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I actually haven't :( For me, I'd rather go hungry than risk getting sick. Well, no, as a kid I ate hot dogs raw and I also ate the cookie dough with raw eggs. :P
    It's been pointed out already that hot dogs are not raw meat. And raw eggs are actually very unlikely to be unsafe. So you're good.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I eat all kinds of questionable things. If it's not fuzzy, crawling, or smells like death, I'll eat it.
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I was eating a sandwich once and thought the meat might have been a little off but said "Oh it ain't that bad" Well, a few pukes later.....what an idiot!!! LOL!!!!!!
  • jodycoady
    jodycoady Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid I ate my own boogers....:laugh:
  • jkandktmom
    jkandktmom Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    On Monday I was trying to make Kale chips. I had read that you never want to over cook them so I pulled them out hen the edges where getting brown. Well... the edges might have been getting there but I ended up eating salted wilted kale. Not so good but I ate it all.
  • thepanttherlady
    thepanttherlady Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I used to get stir-fry beef and eat it raw. I must have had some serious anemia or something but I couldn't resist the craving.

Off topic, but is the nail polish in your default the magnetic one?
  • turningstar
    turningstar Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Not me. Im super picky. I know a lady though that used to eat raw hamburger by the handfuls.

I think I just threw up a little bit....:sick:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Does this count?
    I was pregnant and asked my husband to get me a glass of fruit punch and he came back with it I took the biggest drink and about vomited.
    We were at my parents house and my Mom had hummingbird food in the refrigerator in a pitcher so she could feed the hummingbirds...well it wasn't marked everyone just knew...except my husband apparently. Nothing worse than expecting one thing and getting something else. Hummingbird food is basically sugar water but still yeah bad...

reminded me of my own.....

As an adult, home visiting the parents........

I went to my Mom's fridge and poured myself a huge glass of apple juice. All of my entire life, she would buy frozen concentrated juice and make it in a pitcher, so I was *sure* I knew what I was pouring. Heh. Sure.

Well.

My parents had become convinced by their quacky chiropractor that they should buy this fungus juice. I cannot remember the name of it, but it is made by floating a mushroom thing in the water until it grows a skin over the top. The you remove the skin and drink the resulting "tea". It develops a lovely golden (very apple juice-like) color.

It tastes like liquid mold. It was the single most revolting thing I have ever tasted. I still don't trust apple juice, or my parents.
  • kalyn_QT
    kalyn_QT Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    well it's weird but i used to do this all the time. take a frozen meat lovers pizza pop it in the microwave for about 2 or 3 mins then eat it. it was warm enough so the cheese was melted and meat smelled good. my parents hated that i did it but for me that is how i liked it prepared.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options

Hot dogs are technically not raw. They are both cooked and cured in the processing. Now if they were left sitting at room temp for 6 or 8 hours...........
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Yep my frozen dinner was chicken...I'm waiting for that one to come back and bite me in the *kitten* within the next 24 hours. :indifferent:

Food poisoning is not fun. "When in doubt, throw is out" is the maxim used on commercial kitchens. (I am a chef owner of a catering company)
  • teacupowl
    teacupowl Posts: 104
    Options
    If it's not trying to develop its own little ecosystem, I'll most likely eat it.

Waste not, want not. ;D
  • thepanttherlady
    thepanttherlady Posts: 258 Member
    Options

Hot dogs are technically not raw. They are both cooked and cured in the processing. Now if they were left sitting at room temp for 6 or 8 hours...........

I wasn't serious...............
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I've never gotten food poisoning so I guess my answer is no... however I am sure by other people's standards I do all the time. I am one of those people who 100% trusts my own eyes and nose over the date on the packet. I think its from growing up on a farm.... I am kind of appalled at the amount of food that gets wasted because of the warped way we categorise food as 'gone bad'. I used to work in a fresh produce section in a supermarket and the amount of perfectly good stuff that was thrown away becauuse it not longer looked appealing was crazy!