Anyone else get a little obsessed?

Options
2»

Replies

• taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    If you got the energy, go for it. I get like that from time to time. Energy out of nowhere.

However, sudden obsession in my experience leads to a crash later on when you get burned out. So remember to relax too when you feel like you need to :)
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    no. i cringe at the thought of exercise.
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Yes- but mostly because I have an addictive personality - its in the family genes.
  • DonttrythatwithME
    DonttrythatwithME Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    obsessed with my intake yes
    obsessed with logging onto here yes
    obsessed with cheering on success yes
    obsessed with lifting heavy yes

obsessed with cardio noooooo :P

I trick myself into doing cardio by playing football haha
  • Jadzea42
    Jadzea42 Posts: 20
    Options
    YES! Everyday I want to Kill it! I can't stop ! I'm addicted to endorphins!
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I do get like that, and then I end up burned out. Trying to stick to my schedule now which allows for rest also.
  • merisendabills
    Options
    yea im totally obsessed with loosing weight. im on fitness pal like all day and i find myself thinking about my next workout all the time. im just so anxious to become the size and person i want to b that i think about it constantly and will work as hard as i can to get it! my husband says all i talk about is diet and excersizing lol! but its more a diet to me, this is my new life style!

I am on here all the time too, its the first thing I do in the morning and the last thing before bed, I also am loving exercising I find myself wanting to do more and more and to vary it.

I think its good to aspire to get yourself more healthy, even if it seems like we are developing obsessions along the way.
    '

I do this too! I think it's a definite improvement, as before I would obsess about eating sweets all the time!
  • Rayrayy3000
    Rayrayy3000 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Im sooo obsessed im thinking of exercise and food all day on my fitness pal literally all the time but its good keeps me motivated ate some rice and had to do a 45min power walk cause i felt sooooo guilty :)
  • fallonrhea
    fallonrhea Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Oh that's totally normal - working out increases endorphins which your body LOVES. The release of endorphins can be addicting! If you're feeling strong and want to increase your cardio per week - go for it! Just take it slow with the increase though - if you're doing 30 minutes a day for 5 days straight maybe the next week do 45 minutes 3 days a week, and keep the other two at 30. As everyone else is saying - you don't want to push your body too hard or hurt yourself :)

As a matter of fact - I know how you feel - I just hopped up and did 45 minutes of extra cardio just because I didn't feel like sitting around on the couch. It feels great to want to be fit, doesn't it?
  • serentity78
    serentity78 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I am not obsessed but am feeling better with working out...I just started and still getting into routines and stuff and just trying to stay focused...
  • Angelesa02
    Angelesa02 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I feel like that now. I find myself working out two maybe three times a day. Especially when I have nothing else to do.
  • AmyB69
    AmyB69 Posts: 117
    Options
    Totally obsessed! I've worked out all but 4 days since January 27th. I love cardio and now I'm loving weights!
  • Elle408
    Elle408 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Last year I was mightily obsessed with it all, I was obsessed with food, obsessed with making sure my numbers were in the green and if they went in the red, I found me some exercise! I worked out every day... I was miserable!

It all came to an abrupt end when I tore my ligament, got a stress fracture and ended up on crutches with an ankle the size of a basketball after running 10K every day on holiday and then deciding to climb a mountain 'as a rest' whilst I was in severe pain with it. Lesson learned.
  • mangorabbit
    mangorabbit Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    If it helps, on your rest days, if you get antsy (I reach a point where I feel like i HAVE to do something or explode!) go for a walk - doesn't have to be super strenuous or long, but just go out, breathe some air and enjoy the world! It is technically exercise while I think still allowing your body to recover. (And it keeps me from going any more bonkers than I already am!) ^_^
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Girl yes!
    I'm more obsessed with the calories though. I always aim for negative calories, so my cardio is through the roof :P

Negative net calories? Are you also planning your funeral in advance?

I agree. Being in negative calories hardly seems something to aspire to. Not very clever, I must say.

In terms replying to the original post, I can get obsessive and feel impelled to do some exercise everyday, but I found that my weight was more steady when I took a rest day or two in between. If one can sustain hours a day for life, then fine, have at it, but I personally would like to live a life outside of exercise, meaning, I do some cardio each day, sometimes 40 minutes, sometimes as much as 240 minutes if I cycle somewhere nice for the day, but I also like plenty of time to do things like visiting museums and parks, writing, reading, seeing a film and just generally relaxing.

Getting so burnt out you become edgy, angry and exhausted isn't much fun, as I learnt.
  • JudyL5305
    JudyL5305 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Obsessed and completely addicted to working out. I absolutely love going to the gym and working out at home. i work out 2 times a day and always want more. I am also 100% completely addicted to eat healthy,I love it wouldn't want to be any other way.
  • jandcammom
    jandcammom Posts: 15
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, when I'm at work I want to exercise. I'm thinking about twice a day workouts but I don't want to take it fast too soon. I'm new to this.
  • meliann07
    meliann07 Posts: 24
    Options
    I agree with you prettyblack. I think about it 24/7 too and talk about calories and working out all the time lol.
  • wookiemouse
    wookiemouse Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. :) I definitely get that exercise high from cardio, plus it's a lot of fun. I crave long runs, because I never get to do them anymore. Any place I can run and not hear the kids fighting is heaven for me - bonus if I burn calories while doing it!

My body does NOT like a lot of cardio tho, I've cut back to 2x a week but still feel like "sneaking in" a quick HiiT workout on my strength days. :)
  • Nikki_42
    Nikki_42 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I do get like that, and then I end up burned out. Trying to stick to my schedule now which allows for rest also.

Same. I went crazy for a bit. Then I got slightly hurt, and learned my lesson.