Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Women with big bellies? Any success pics, tips or stories?

localatte
localatte Posts: 78 Member
Hi. I have a very large belly, it's the largest part of my body. I don't just joke that I look pregnant, I really do look it, and am often asked if I am. My belly extends well passed my breasts, if I told you I was carrying twins, you'd believe me, trust me!

I do have PCOS and know that it contributes to carrying weight in belly/waist, and I'm a apple shape for sure. I am losing weight slowly, and lost 45 lbs., over a 2 year period, before I started MFP.

Have you lost a significant amount of weight from your belly, regardless if you have PCOS or not? I would really like to be inspired, because even with my weight loss, and I do have more to go, my belly is like it's own entity and isn't budging.

Looking pregnant when I'm not really makes me insecure, and every time someone asks me if I am, ugh, I cringe. If you have any experiences, tips, and/or photos to share about your success, I would appreciate it so much!

Replies

• hll2465
    hll2465 Posts: 31 Member
    I have a huge belly as well...I would love to see some pics of others who have lost that weight. I feel like it is a daunting task and it will never get smaller!!!!
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    low carb helped me shrink my belly
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    I carried most of my weight on my abdomen as well.

I didn't do anything magical, or specific, I just stuck to MFP's numbers, and now I have a waist I like :)

If you'd like to see, in my profile pics, the photo of me with purple top and blue sweatshirt shows my "before" stomach the most.
    The photo in the wine/white prom dress shows how far I have come.
  • dorkboi
    dorkboi Posts: 87 Member
    I'm right there with ya!! I am down 20lbs and am noticing that the belly is going away slowly but surely. Clean eating, I try to stay away from dairy and things that bloat and I'm 20 days into an ab challenge. It's working!

This was at about 235. I looked about 7 months preggo.
    photo.jpg

This was monday at 213 lbs. I still have a long ways to go but the belly is going!!
    3.jpg
  • lvnspoonful
    lvnspoonful Posts: 391 Member
    I'm right there with ya!! I am down 20lbs and am noticing that the belly is going away slowly but surely. Clean eating, I try to stay away from dairy and things that bloat and I'm 20 days into an ab challenge. It's working!

This was at about 235. I looked about 7 months preggo.

You can definitely tell a difference - that is awesome!! I carry all my weight in my belly too and I look like I am about 6 months pregnant - I hate it!
  • SandysNewLife
    SandysNewLife Posts: 87 Member
    Im losing from the bottom up =(
    legs look decent, hips ok.stomach huge yet.I guess just patience and exercise ?
  • Brook70
    Brook70 Posts: 164
    Bump!
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    I have a picture on my profile page. The belly is almost gone, and should be in the next 20 pounds, because that's the only place I'm losing weight anymore. :)

It's never too early to start working out with weights. I should have started at the halfway mark, but I was too scared to do that.
  • reshapemariah21
    reshapemariah21 Posts: 184 Member
    marchapriljune-1.jpg

This is my progress so far.
  • jaimrlx
    jaimrlx Posts: 426 Member
    Im losing from the bottom up =(
    legs look decent, hips ok.stomach huge yet.I guess just patience and exercise ?

^^^^ I'm having issues with the same thing. I'm betting on patience, because I did recently lose an inch or two. Measure your inches, so you can see what you've actually lost. I used the mirror as a scale for my stomach and ended up depressed in a bag of cookies.

Aahh, PCOS. :sad:
  • sunnyshine1313
    sunnyshine1313 Posts: 112 Member
    That is the place my weight is as well. When I get to the 40lbs lost mark I will post some pics, I am hoping it goes way down!
    23040644.png
  • tgaul
    tgaul Posts: 123
    bump
  • HerBravado
    HerBravado Posts: 392 Member
    dheodihlhirf I have a PCOS belly, too.
    I have a "pregnant"-looking belly, but it is smaller now...
    But I still have more fat there than anywhere else, & so I feel...disproportionate.
    I found that weight/circuit training helped more than just doing cardio alone.
    & staying away from a lot of carbs & sugars helped it shrink faster.
  • what have you been doing to lose?
  • africaa
    africaa Posts: 228
    BUMP

My belly is my problem area also! I would love to see pics of people who have lost theres...

I've began doing planks and more crunches -- hope it works :)
  • africaa
    africaa Posts: 228
    marchapriljune-1.jpg

What do you do? Because your belly looks great for 207 ...I'm 199 and my belly looks like your first picture smh!
  • Heather_A
    Heather_A Posts: 34 Member
    Those photos are quite motivating! I'm struggling with belly issues myself. Thanks for the motivation.
  • rsmblue
    rsmblue Posts: 353 Member
    marchapriljune-1.jpg

AMAZING!

What are you doing?!
  • jenniejengin
    jenniejengin Posts: 784 Member
    bump
  • pawprints86
    pawprints86 Posts: 59 Member
    marchapriljune-1.jpg

Great progress! If I can ask, what have you been doing that has made it go down in such a short time frame? Mine looks worse than your first picture :/ You've done great!! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!