Working Hard for Nothing!

Options
I feel like Im working hard but not seeing the results I deserve! Im sticking to my calories an working out hard. But my weight is just staying the same! Maybe I should try eating different.. I feel like I eat healthy things. But I guess there is always room for improvement! lol

Replies

• meags1985
    meags1985 Posts: 16
    Options
    I had one of these days yesterday. I got attacked in my post :tongue:

But the people who decided to try explain nicely........
    They told me to keep going. Some said it takes up to 3 months for your body to adjust to the "new lifestyle" as it holds onto some of your calories and extra water stored in your muscles. Once your body trusts you are not on a starvation or fad diet, it lets go of all the excess stuff it's been holding onto.

So I have 2 more months of feeling like this before I see results apparently!!
  • BreeLopez94
    Options
    lol thanks. :)
  • agent99oz
    agent99oz Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I started tracking my food and training over 40 days ago - I have lost 2kgs and put it back on...BUT my clothes feel better and I can see muscle
    Instead of allowing the scale to dominate me I am going to try and just keep training and working out....loads of reasons why you gain weight when starting out...could be DOMS, could be sodium, could be TOTM....anything...

So keep going and keep tracking you will get there in the end
  • Karalopolous
    Karalopolous Posts: 574
    Options
    First of all, stop weighing yourself. I have to resist the urge daily, but please don't weigh yourself anymore.
    Second, go take a picture of yourself and then do this monthly to compare. I do this every month to see my progress and it really helps because I can "see" the results in a picture.
    The worst thing you could do is stop because you are getting discouraged. Don't give up, muddle through this day and the next and you will see results (eventually)
    :flowerforyou:
  • Hickyvikki69
    Hickyvikki69 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    i been working hard completely to and i actually gained 3lbs and i am so totally bummed..im tired and im depressed that i gained n nothing is working out for me. but all i can do is keep going n hope something happens before i totally give up.
  • izzydino
    izzydino Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    1st month no weight lost... Give it time it will come.
    I had to become brutally honest with myself.
  • bakz4
    bakz4 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. I've tried to lose so many times that I gave up. But this time (back in April) I made up my mind to stick to it, no matter what! I tracked calories, I began to increase exercise time (which for me is walking), I slowly began to give up things that I knew were unhealthy (wine, soda, chips, etc) and began replacing them with healthier calories.

Don't say you're doing this "for nothing"...if you're changing the way you eat and what you eat, it's not "for nothing"...you'll start to see the scale move once your body adjusts!

Hang in there.
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Quoting lindsay0515 from another thread:
    Check out this thread (at the top - red push pin article) on EMTWL. It's a great explanation of TDEE and the timeframe you need to devote to resetting your metabolism if you've been eating way below your BMR for a period of time.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/512956-tdee-what-is-it-and-why-you-should-not-eat-below-your-bmr

Edited to add: Make sure you are measuring and being honest with your food logging. It is important to log everything correctly as it can add up. Also, if you decide to go the MFP route (eating exercise cals back), instead of the EM2WL flat TDEE -15% intake, make sure you get a more accurate measure of your actual workout burns through a quality HRM. :) Underestimating food cals and overestimating burns from exercise can be culprits in many cases <3
  • marjoleina
    marjoleina Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I think it is hard, because it is rewarding to see results. But you will, are you eating whole foods? I.e. unprocessed stuff, vegs, fruits, whole grains, watch your salt intake...
    I am sure you know all that allready.
    Persevere!
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    To all of you who are stuck... do you have your goal set to lose 2 lbs/week?
  • dyn3428
    dyn3428 Posts: 14
    Options
    Think about the long term, not right now. If you are moving and you are eating better you are successful!!! It will happen!! Stay positive and remember it is worth it!!!
  • lessele
    lessele Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    how often do you weigh yourself? I only weigh myself every few weeks. We can get way too preoccupied with numbers. Are you watching your portion control? I dont know but sometimes changing up the foods you eat will do it. More fruits and veggies less processed and starchy...I wish you all the best. It is a process so dont be too hard on yourself. Eventually it will all fall off if you are honest and steadfast! Good Luck!!!!
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Track every day! And stay more consistent about eating your calories. Your log is all over the place.
  • sadielankford
    sadielankford Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Are you keeping your sodium in check? When I lowered my sodium to 1500, the weight started to come off.
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I've jumped back on the wagon to lose 15-20 lbs and haven't seen a loss yet either in my first 7 days or so, it just takes time, it's not *your fault* if that's what you're worried about, as long as you're controlling your calories and exercising you're on the right track. Don't be discouraged, you can do it! :flowerforyou:
  • ginalaw13
    ginalaw13 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    As a recovering "scale slave" try not to weigh yourself and focus on how you feel. I used to get so bummed about the scale numbers and would even weigh 2-3 times a day, "just to check." I can laugh about it now, but the fact that I wake up in the morning not feeling bloated and lethargic is a grand reward. I also love the idea of pictures. They say way more than the scale every will.
  • BreeLopez94
    Options
    You can check my food diary. I tend to make nice choices! I weigh like everyday, I cant help it lol but ive tried staying under my calories.. hitting my calories.. an going over a lil' nothing seems to work!
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I just looked @ your diary & you netted less than 1,000 calories.. this is way too low. Your body is holding on to everything you are giving. It is not recommended to Net below your BMR. You need to calculate your BMR & TDEE to determine how many calories your body needs in a day.

Go to scoobysworkshop.com to get your #'s then post them here & we can help you better.
  • kjerstenkipp
    kjerstenkipp Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I post this all of the time " “It takes 4 weeks for you to notice your body changing, 8 weeks for your friends to notice, and 12 weeks for the rest of the world to notice. Give it 12 weeks. Don’t QUIT!”:
  • MorganLeighRN
    MorganLeighRN Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Are you just starting out? Your body needs time to adjust. Think about it this way, your are burning fat but gaining muscle at the same time. You loose a pound of fat and gain a pound of muscle, so it looks like you aren't loosing any weight. Don't go by what the scale says, go by what you clothes say. When I first started out I gained weight (muscle) but my clothes began to fit better because I began to tone my body. You will start to see results as long as you stick to it. Make sure you are sticking to your good eating habits and exercising.