Official 30 Day shred thread!

Options

Replies

• MD1978
    MD1978 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I'm almost done with level 2 and its been a long time since I have felt this strong. I could only make it 10mins the first time I tried 30DS and was so sore after the second day that I almost quit. But by day 4 the soreness goes away and your body will adjust. I lost 2.5 inches of my waist as of the end of level one. It's a great program. I can't wait to finish....unfortunately my DVD player broke on Monday with 30DS stuck inside :grumble: Hopefully I can bust it open this weekend and save my DVD.
  • wildcattennis07
    wildcattennis07 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    restarted the shred yesterday! my plan is to do level 2 for 15 days then level 3 for 15 days with maybe some extra level 1 thrown in every once in a while. I am looking forward to give my results at the end!
  • melsal9902
    melsal9902 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Question.....how do youlog that into the exercise diary?
  • AmandaI83
    AmandaI83 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I started 30 day shred on Monday so today will be day 3. This is my first time ever doing this so I hope I can stick to it. I'm in though! I will post pics and measurments at the end of 30 days. Good luck to everyone, we can do this!! :flowerforyou:
  • hungergames324
    hungergames324 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    So glad I saw this thread! Since Monday I have been saying that I am going to start 30 day shred.

Well today was finally that day! Thanks to this thread!!

Just got done day 1 of 30 day shred. 29 to go lol
  • hungergames324
    hungergames324 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Question.....how do youlog that into the exercise diary?

This is what I did, not sure if it is the best or easiest way

click "Exercise"
    then "My Exercises"
    then "create exercise"

this way you have to know have to know how many calories you burned.

it says

"If you do not know how many calories you burned, instead of creating a new exercise, it's better to enter an existing exercise in our database that is close to the one you performed. This will at least provide you with a rough estimate of how many calories you burned."
  • LooneyBruni
    LooneyBruni Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Today will be day 6 of level 2 for me. I did the 10 days of level 1, then took 1 day off and continued with level 2. I will take the day off after level 2. It is sooo hard!!! I was sore the first 7 days.... I am using 3 lb dumbells....

After 30 DS, I plan to start Ripped in 30...

Good luck people!!!

You can add me if you like :)
  • amysuespears
    amysuespears Posts: 127
    Options
    I started 30DS on 6/13 and have been doing it since... it has absolutely killed me, but I love it. Jillian is a beast! I will definitely keep up with this thread and post some pics :)
  • MoveGrammy
    Options
    Officially started the 30 day shred today. I was happy to see the posts about how often you do during the week. While I was able to get through the entire workout just fine, I don't think I could do this everyday and still walk and lift my arms. :) I plan on mixing it up with some walking and bicycle riding. I want to lose 30 pounds. We'll see how it goes!
  • fattytofittnesschick
    Options
    If you are on level 2 I have a question for you:
    Do you have any tips for the walking push-ups? I can land into a plank just fine it's just getting back up that's the hard part lol
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    If you are on level 2 I have a question for you:
    Do you have any tips for the walking push-ups? I can land into a plank just fine it's just getting back up that's the hard part lol

The way I did it was to bend my knees until I could manage it... eventually you'll be able to do them better and better but I had to start with the bent knees...
  • TaxGirlxo
    TaxGirlxo Posts: 27
    Options
    I took 2 days off because of extreme busy-ness and felt like total crap earlier in the day. I did level 1 for 8 days, but felt like moving up to level 2 today because level 1 was just starting to be really easy (the first day I was dying!) I had to do level 2 in 2 parts! I did the first half, went to pick up my son from daycare, fed him, played, and put him to bed, then finished the second half of the video. After finishing, I feel alive again! It's amazing what a difference exercise makes for my mood and energy!
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    One week completed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:tongue:
  • fantwi150
    fantwi150 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just found this thread. I just finished Day 18, but I don't think I'm ready for Level 3!!
  • AngelShep
    AngelShep Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just found this & am anxious to try it. Does it involve any extra equipment? I only have myself equipment wise. I'm also glad I found this thread! I'm hoping to keep up with this & have others to keep me on track :)
  • fantwi150
    fantwi150 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You need dumbbells, that's it.
  • quona9
    quona9 Posts: 8
    Options
    I did Level 1, Day 2 today, along with a 5k afterwards. I decided to use 8 pound dumbbells. I'm really excited to see how this helps my upper body!
  • chrisilouhoo
    chrisilouhoo Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Had my first day yesterday, I'm not too sore but a little discouraged. The exercises are simple enough but it's depressing to see how out of shape I really am. Hoping it gets easier. Anyone else struggle with the push ups first day? Were you able to do them by the end of Level 1? Just want to set up realistic expectations.

Thanks!
  • imaj79
    imaj79 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Had my first day yesterday, I'm not too sore but a little discouraged. The exercises are simple enough but it's depressing to see how out of shape I really am. Hoping it gets easier. Anyone else struggle with the push ups first day? Were you able to do them by the end of Level 1? Just want to set up realistic expectations.

Thanks!

I was discouraged a little bit the first day I did it too, but it does get easier. I could only do about 2 of the modified pushups the first day, but the 4th day I could do alot more. I will only be doing it for the 5th time tonight, but I already feel alot better. You can do it!!
  • Whitney0919
    Whitney0919 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I did 7 days of Level 1, then a rest day, followed by a cardio day (did the Color Run - a 5k) and then picked up with Level 2... Tonight will be my 5th night of Level 2 and I still find it pretty difficult at times. The hardest for me are the pendulum (sp??) lunges and all the plank/plyo work...