Women with big bellies? Any success pics, tips or stories?

Options
localatte
localatte Posts: 78 Member
Hi. I have a very large belly, it's the largest part of my body. I don't just joke that I look pregnant, I really do look it, and am often asked if I am. My belly extends well passed my breasts, if I told you I was carrying twins, you'd believe me, trust me!

I do have PCOS and know that it contributes to carrying weight in belly/waist, and I'm a apple shape for sure. I am losing weight slowly, and lost 45 lbs., over a 2 year period, before I started MFP.

Have you lost a significant amount of weight from your belly, regardless if you have PCOS or not? I would really like to be inspired, because even with my weight loss, and I do have more to go, my belly is like it's own entity and isn't budging.

Looking pregnant when I'm not really makes me insecure, and every time someone asks me if I am, ugh, I cringe. If you have any experiences, tips, and/or photos to share about your success, I would appreciate it so much!

Replies

• hll2465
    hll2465 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have a huge belly as well...I would love to see some pics of others who have lost that weight. I feel like it is a daunting task and it will never get smaller!!!!
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    low carb helped me shrink my belly
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I carried most of my weight on my abdomen as well.

I didn't do anything magical, or specific, I just stuck to MFP's numbers, and now I have a waist I like :)

If you'd like to see, in my profile pics, the photo of me with purple top and blue sweatshirt shows my "before" stomach the most.
    The photo in the wine/white prom dress shows how far I have come.
  • dorkboi
    dorkboi Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with ya!! I am down 20lbs and am noticing that the belly is going away slowly but surely. Clean eating, I try to stay away from dairy and things that bloat and I'm 20 days into an ab challenge. It's working!

This was at about 235. I looked about 7 months preggo.
    photo.jpg

This was monday at 213 lbs. I still have a long ways to go but the belly is going!!
    3.jpg
  • lvnspoonful
    lvnspoonful Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with ya!! I am down 20lbs and am noticing that the belly is going away slowly but surely. Clean eating, I try to stay away from dairy and things that bloat and I'm 20 days into an ab challenge. It's working!

This was at about 235. I looked about 7 months preggo.

You can definitely tell a difference - that is awesome!! I carry all my weight in my belly too and I look like I am about 6 months pregnant - I hate it!
  • SandysNewLife
    SandysNewLife Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Im losing from the bottom up =(
    legs look decent, hips ok.stomach huge yet.I guess just patience and exercise ?
  • Brook70
    Brook70 Posts: 164
    Options
    Bump!
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I have a picture on my profile page. The belly is almost gone, and should be in the next 20 pounds, because that's the only place I'm losing weight anymore. :)

It's never too early to start working out with weights. I should have started at the halfway mark, but I was too scared to do that.
  • reshapemariah21
    reshapemariah21 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    marchapriljune-1.jpg

This is my progress so far.
  • jaimrlx
    jaimrlx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Im losing from the bottom up =(
    legs look decent, hips ok.stomach huge yet.I guess just patience and exercise ?

^^^^ I'm having issues with the same thing. I'm betting on patience, because I did recently lose an inch or two. Measure your inches, so you can see what you've actually lost. I used the mirror as a scale for my stomach and ended up depressed in a bag of cookies.

Aahh, PCOS. :sad:
  • sunnyshine1313
    sunnyshine1313 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    That is the place my weight is as well. When I get to the 40lbs lost mark I will post some pics, I am hoping it goes way down!
    23040644.png
  • tgaul
    tgaul Posts: 123
    Options
    bump
  • HerBravado
    HerBravado Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    dheodihlhirf I have a PCOS belly, too.
    I have a "pregnant"-looking belly, but it is smaller now...
    But I still have more fat there than anywhere else, & so I feel...disproportionate.
    I found that weight/circuit training helped more than just doing cardio alone.
    & staying away from a lot of carbs & sugars helped it shrink faster.
  • mommyofthree4life
    Options
    what have you been doing to lose?
  • africaa
    africaa Posts: 228
    Options
    BUMP

My belly is my problem area also! I would love to see pics of people who have lost theres...

I've began doing planks and more crunches -- hope it works :)
  • africaa
    africaa Posts: 228
    Options
    marchapriljune-1.jpg

What do you do? Because your belly looks great for 207 ...I'm 199 and my belly looks like your first picture smh!
  • Heather_A
    Heather_A Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Those photos are quite motivating! I'm struggling with belly issues myself. Thanks for the motivation.
  • rsmblue
    rsmblue Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    marchapriljune-1.jpg

AMAZING!

What are you doing?!
  • jenniejengin
    jenniejengin Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    bump
  • pawprints86
    pawprints86 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    marchapriljune-1.jpg

Great progress! If I can ask, what have you been doing that has made it go down in such a short time frame? Mine looks worse than your first picture :/ You've done great!! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!