Sick of Hearing About Peanut Butter and Nuts

Options
13»

Replies

• TyFit08
    TyFit08 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    A few schools have banned nuts ( and are having HUGE push back). Not most. Most have peanut free tables these days, but have not banned peanuts altogether. One class room in my children's school is nut free because the teacher is terribly allergic.

Look lady. I get that you have a food allergy and for that you get my sympathy. Like I stated earlier we deal with multiple severe food allergies in our home and NO ONE complains as much as you have in this thread.

Why did you get nut lovers making comments and waxing poetic about the food they love? Because your post was begging for it pure and simple. Your header on the thread was inflammatory from the get go. You asked for it and got it.

Your attitude towards others and their assistance kinda stinks. You obviously don't care about your part in this equation so I guess that the end of the convo, eh? Keep on complaining about others and how hard it is for you.

Peace out.

If you don't like my post you don't have to read it or respond to it. I said I was venting about my experience on MFP and looking for either A: alternative food choices, or B: people who understand what I'm experiencing. If you don't want to offer that, great. But that is the purpose of my post. As I said, I have posted topics before where I indicate in the first sentence I have nut allergies, yet several people respond by saying eat almonds or have a spoonful of peanut butter. Are you saying I'm wrong for being annoyed or frustrated by that. I apologize for expecting members of MFP to read the posts they are responding to before giving advice. I try my best to do that, I don't think its too much to expect that in return. If you think I'm COMPLAINING or you don't want to read anyone COMPLAINING there are dozens of other topics to participate in.
  • TyFit08
    TyFit08 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Rib eye bone in, that's magic.

I gave up beef 20 years ago, but I tried it for the first time last week. I am still getting used to the taste, but trying to work my way up to steak. I remember I used to really like it, just can't remember what it tastes like. I am doing low carb, but really want to boost my protein as well so I am committed to trying to add lean read meat into my diet.
  • SweetSammie
    SweetSammie Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Hummus. I like all varieties, but the Tribe 40 spice is DELICIOUS.
    Eggs if you need protein.

Folks already said avocado and greek yogurt.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,311 Member
    Options
    God yes! I hear you! I can't eat peanuts and I get really peed off with all the comments raving about how great peanut butter is!

Peanut butter tastes like having little angels fly down from heaven and place love directly on your tongue.

Just sayin.

In my case it taste like the angels are taking a dump on my tongue, I think it is so nasty. But we can agree to disagree

I am not fussed about the taste, I can take it or leave it, but the hives and asthma, I'll just leave, thanks!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,311 Member
    Options
    I am completely addicted to Forest Foods coco mango balls - dried mango and coconut milk mudged up into little balls that taste like heaven.