122 Pounds lost in a year+. My Success!

Options
A couple of years ago I hit a max weight of 305lbs. I decided to change my lifestyle for the better as I was doing with stuff happening in my life. I went out and ate better and walked my heart out. I've lost 122 pounds and put on some muscle. Now I'm just working on shredding some excess fat and toning a little. I feel fantastic now!

33862_1448209891305_6639912_n-1.jpg

25734_1303074383008_1852215_n-1.jpg

45836_1408436496995_4359422_n.jpg

173073_1665571045198_1223766_o.jpg

Beforeafterheadshot-1.jpg

Replies

• kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    You lost a whole person! Awesome job, you look great!
  • Bearded_Slakoth
    Bearded_Slakoth Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    *Fixed Pictures

Thank you. Dr. told me I pretty much lost a teenager lmao.
  • edjuljen
    edjuljen Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! Fantastic job...:bigsmile:
  • SV17GT
    SV17GT Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Your lookin good. You did the hardest part when you decided to do it, and then stuck with it !! Good job and good luck.
  • Nteeter
    Nteeter Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Nice job! almost looks like two different people.
  • hoppinfroggin22
    hoppinfroggin22 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    WOW YOU LOOK LIKE A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT PERSON!! GREAT JOB!!
  • jammet80
    jammet80 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    U rock!
  • Bearded_Slakoth
    Options
    Thank you all so much. Makes me smile hearing all this.
  • Javierho
    Javierho Posts: 9
    Options
    great job!
  • leighlyn
    leighlyn Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Holy moly! fantastic! :):) well done!
  • Krizzo87
    Krizzo87 Posts: 14,186 Member
    Options
    My goodness! You look like a completely different person!! Congratulations!! :flowerforyou:
  • mmarin81
    mmarin81 Posts: 241
    Options
    You look like a different person man! Good job!!
  • jfig600
    jfig600 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    What a great job !!!
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Incredible....WOW....what a journey and thanks for sharing such an inspirational post.
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    You look so good! Amazing accomplishment. Keep up the great work :)
  • MIRISO
    MIRISO Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, my name is Marti I just joined my fitness pal (today)... CONGRATULATIONS what a fab job you did in losing all that weight and sticking to it I know it couldn't be easy.

Can I ask you if before you started walking did your body ache, were you stiff at all? If yes, how did you work through it? How did you finally get it in your mind to start exercising. I don't have over 100 lbs to lose but nonetheless, I have about 40 and every joint, every muscle within me aches and I am trying to start turning that around.

I am told start working out hard and often or I'm wasting my time, hire a trainer otherwise I won't lose, others say start slow work your way up, Looking for tips. The first few suggestions are a little (a lot) intimidating since I have lead a sedentary lifestyle for quite some time,

Help?:frown: :frown:
  • Bearded_Slakoth
    Options
    Thank you all so much! :-)
  • Bearded_Slakoth
    Options
    Hi, my name is Marti I just joined my fitness pal (today)... CONGRATULATIONS what a fab job you did in losing all that weight and sticking to it I know it couldn't be easy.

Can I ask you if before you started walking did your body ache, were you stiff at all? If yes, how did you work through it? How did you finally get it in your mind to start exercising. I don't have over 100 lbs to lose but nonetheless, I have about 40 and every joint, every muscle within me aches and I am trying to start turning that around.

I am told start working out hard and often or I'm wasting my time, hire a trainer otherwise I won't lose, others say start slow work your way up, Looking for tips. The first few suggestions are a little (a lot) intimidating since I have lead a sedentary lifestyle for quite some time,

Help?:frown: :frown:

I will honestly tell you that I started strong and stayed at that pace. I did 4 - 5 mile walks for 5 days out of the week. Before I lost the weight, my right ankle hurt and I had very bad blood pressure. I would eat a thing of fries or something and my face would be so hot feeling. Now? I can eat whatever and feel NORMAL. No problems, no body aches, I unload trucks for a living and LOVE it and have amazing energy. Best part? I can shop in the normal size mens section. Wearing medium shirts ect. It's such a great feeling.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Wow!! You look incredible!! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!