Never thought I would have a NSV...

Options
shelbiejo
shelbiejo Posts: 283 Member
Tonight I had my first NSV! I started trying to run at least 3 nights a week around the middle of May (seems like longer than that!) I do laps around the church by my house because 4 laps is about a mile. When I first started I could barely run/walk three laps. Over the past month though I can now run the full four laps (one mile) without stopping in under 10 minutes! Huge accomplishment for me since I have never been able to run in my life, especially after having my scoliosis damage my lungs! Whoooohooo! Next week I will be adding two more laps to my run(:

Replies

• sunnie326
    sunnie326 Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! Congratulations. It always feels so good to have hard work pay off!!!
  • gwmedicgod
    gwmedicgod Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your NSV... keep it up...
  • zoegator
    zoegator Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!! I've had problems running due to my rather serious asthma and since the middle of May when I started to try to run, I can complete a mile walking/running in 13:30 which is probably one of my fastest miles ever.

Definitely exciting for you to be able to run a 10 minute mile without stopping!!
  • paulwgun
    paulwgun Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Well done you!!! keep going and

Happy running :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    AWESOME NSV! congratulations.
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    GREAT NSV!!! I'm so proud of you!!!! Soon, you'll be running a 5K for sure! :) Keep at it! :)
  • slimbf7
    slimbf7 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    What is NSV
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!