How do I get back..............?

Options
Been really sick for 2weeks, did not pick up any weight nor did I lose any. How do I get back to my programme now, feel so de motivated and really do not have the energy to start with exersice etc. Please help here...................!!!!

Replies

• splucy
    splucy Posts: 353
    Options
    Motiviation is what gets you started, habit is what keeps you going.

What I've been finding has been really hard for me is getting back in to a habit. If I force myself to work out 4 or 5 times a week for two whole weeks, I will grow accustomed to it.

Just force yourself to exercise regularly for a week or two - set it as a challenge and soon enough, you will get used to it and keep it as a weekly routine.
  • AngieJoy81
    AngieJoy81 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    You are probably still recovering. Start small with a walk. Or if you are 100% and just feeling lazy, get out there and run! It will get your adrenalin going and remind you how good healthy feels!
  • splucy
    splucy Posts: 353
    Options
    oops wrong topic (ignore this post lol)
  • popat89
    popat89 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    To motivate myself I just remember that every little bit counts. When I don't feel like exercising I just tell myself to go for a 2 minute walk around the block. Usually once I've gone around the block I want to keep going but if not - hey, I did my 2 minutes and I'll start again tomorrow. Don't look at it as starting one HUGE task all over again. Just do something little everyday and in a week or two you'll be into the swing of things :)
  • notnormallyacaloriecounter
    Options
    start again, but small. you can always build back up.
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Don't know where you were, so it's hard to say where you should start, but wondering:

Do you enjoy walking? Start with a walk, or a bike ride or whatever you like doing. Do you like watching TV? Stretching in front of the TV for 30 minutes or so is also a start. Anything you like and then go from there. Add time and more strenuous exercises as you can.