Looking for support

Options
I am 51 years old and wanting to change my lifestyle. I would love friends to support me on this journey. I have about 50 pounds to lose but mostly want to change habits so that I become healthy. My goal is one pound a week. Slow and steady will eventually get me where I want to be.....

Replies

• jacobtooskinny
    Options
    I believe in you, just keep moving!
  • heavenlacey
    Options
    hi, I just started today, keep your mind on your goal and you will get there, xx
  • labtracks
    labtracks Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Feel free to friend me. Welcome. :smile:
  • stacy_7171
    stacy_7171 Posts: 21
    Options
    Slow and steady is an excellent mantra for lasting weight loss and incorporating lifestyle changes into your routine. Also, I have been told by doctors and by gym staff that when it comes to exercise, it's "consistency" - not quantity that counts.

I am 40, but according to Wii Fit, my health age is 50. So, we're not that far off in age! While there is a vanity component to my wanting to lose weight, it is primarily for health reasons.

Work hard, have fun, and take advantage of all the great support you'll find here from the other members. And, message me if you need a pick me up or just want to chat. :smile:
  • denestia
    denestia Posts: 7
    Options
    Im the same age, feel free to add me as a friend!
  • kwlly
    kwlly Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You are my story same age same amount of weight to lose. I have a busy hard working job. So I am good all day. It is in the evening when I am so tired that I fail. All I can say is one day at a time. I have lost 5 lbs., but I feel this is going to be a long process. And a life time commitment. We CAN do this. :happy:
  • carolsatt
    carolsatt Posts: 4
    Options
    We're very similar; let's support eachother. I'mm 53 and have 55 pounds to loose at least 1 pound a week. Just getting going (Again) this week and really motivated with strong intentions and will power. Want to be half a stone less by this month end. A pound a week is 4 stone in a year. I'm up for that!!!!
  • dietingqueen
    Options
    Hi I am a couple of years older and have quite a few more pounds to lose but would love to add you,anyone else feel free to add me ,keep me on track :smile:
  • kat5556
    kat5556 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Hi becsel, I'll send a friend request to you. I've got other "50's" friends too and the support we get from each other really helps!
  • CCSA
    CCSA Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi there, I have been going for over a month now and felt I am doing this alone. It's so wonderful to read the ups and downs of everyone. I need support as I have reached a stage where I feel yes I can, but also No I am just not getting there. Also work is a lot of stress and then I stop eating for days. I have read that is not good, also I do not have the energy for excercise.
  • JessicaFaust
    Options
    Hi,
    My name is Jessica.
    I am 23, married and have a 7 month old Son.
    My goal is to get back down to 135 lbs.,I am now 179 lbs. with 54 lbs to lose.
    I guess what I'm looking for is support and tips to lose the lbs.
  • Lesley2901
    Lesley2901 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am also 51. I am nearly at my goal weight but will continue to use MFP for maintenance. Slow and steady is a great approach, you will soon be seeing results.
  • njsousa
    njsousa Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 48 and I've been using the site for about a month and really love it. I've got 30lbs to lose and was so tired of the points system. This is simple and I like its easier to track. I use a stationary bike twice a day 20 mins at a time and play golf once a week walking and carrying my bag.

Would love friends to check in with - :blushing:
  • dooberrywotsit7
    Options
    Just started today to i don't really know about lbs or kg i talk in stone but i weigh my self and an 167.6 lbs or 75.8 kg either way want to drop about 28lbs
    oh and im 33 with 2 girls aged 7 and 4

Good luck to everyone we can do it. WE CAN !!!!!