Cant do any exercises knee related

Options
until i am released from my ortho's care. What exercises can I do to get started? Im doing the rehab stuff but nothing weight bearing, jolting or destructive to the patella or bruised bone and cartlidge. He has me on 10 minutes light walking, and stationary bike no longer than 10-15 minutes on the bike. Plus the 15 minute rehab exercises. No floor exercises at all. Im at a loss Ive never been in a postition like this before not being able to workput.

Replies

• beachbabe9
    Options
    I think it would be best if you saw a physical therapist. I've been to one and they're great about planning exercises for you according to your abilities and condition.

Good luck!
  • AnnMystery
    AnnMystery Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    work out your arm muscles......raise your arms up when walking.....the higher they go the more cardiovascular your work out is. But keep your balance, only do what you can. Use this as a time to really make your upper back, arm, and chest muscles strong. Posture muscles will help your balance, and strengthening the chest is where your heart and lungs are. Improving circulation, blood and oxygen flow is key to any kind of working out anyway. Using hand weights you should be able to sit in a chair, and lean any direction you need to to get the appropriate support, or position to work your arm & back muscles. This should allow you to keep your knee out of the picture, and yet keep you heading in the direction of your goal.