Does you gym offer food?

Options
For those of you who opt to go to the gym, does your gym offer food like a snack bar or cafe? If so what types of things do they offer?
What do you purchase from them?
If not, would you like to see some type of food offered at your gym, and if so what?
I am looking into opening a closed down cafe in my gym, so all the input I can get is appreciated!

Replies

• fittocycle
    fittocycle Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    My gym has a wonderful cafe. There are breakfast items (breakfast burritos, smoothies, yogurt,etc) as well as lunch and dinner items. I've met friends for lunch after a workout there several times. Lunch and Dinner items are salads, sandwiches, pizza, wraps, etc. There's a nice kids menu too. What makes the cafe different is that calories, fat, protein and carbs are listed right on the menu. It makes a huge difference when you consider what to order. A full nutritional breakdown is also available on ine at the gym's website. And they try their best to make each menu item very healthy. We have a salmon salad on the menu as well as a salmon sandwich, for instance. There's also a nice selection of various bars-high protein, gluten free, etc. for a quick snack. All items are available to go too.
    Best of luck to you! It's nice to have food available.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    They have a shake/smoothie bar at the registration desk that seems to have a nice menu. I haven't tried one yet (I don't usually bring money with me) but it's cool to have the option
  • engodwin
    engodwin Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    My gym doesn't offer it daily - they only have drinks daily but....

THe first Monday of every month they have PIZZA night and the first Wednesday of every month they have DOUGHNUTS!

What the heck? Does this make since to anyone? UGH Drives me bonkers
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    My gym has a kitchen...oh wait, that is because my gym is at home...lmao

However, when I was a member at Goodlife there was no food...except for some energy bars at the front desk.
  • Darlingir
    Darlingir Posts: 437
    Options
    I used to go to planet fitness...at the front desk they had a bowl of candy that included tootsie rolls?????
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    I used to go to Planet Fitness ... they offer tootsie rolls at the counter, and have Pizza night like, once a week, or month (I forget) ... I always thought it was really stupid. lol
  • Darlingir
    Options
    I used to go to planet fitness...at the front desk they had a bowl of candy that included tootsie rolls?????

can you say revolving door scheme! LOL
  • Darlingir
    Options
    I used to go to Planet Fitness ... they offer tootsie rolls at the counter, and have Pizza night like, once a week, or month (I forget) ... I always thought it was really stupid. lol

YES!! what the heck...keep em' fat so they keep coming back??
  • wantstolooseweight
    wantstolooseweight Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    our gym is very basic, they sell protein bars, shakes, and have a small selection of 10p jelly sweets for people if they need a little sugar boost. They have a good choice of suppliments for you to take home or they will make you one fresh. Also do a few sports drinks but no soda

They used to do jacket potatoes with one or two different fillings a day (but they didnt get the demand for it) and soup

If they know you then they will make you a coffee or a tea if you fancy one apart from that its a no go for gym food.....
  • DonttrythatwithME
    DonttrythatwithME Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    my gym will make you protein shakes they have bars and other proteins for sale, plus some rice meals on sale every day never tried them but thats what they do, btw my gym is nothing more than a big shed its a privately owned gym not a big chain
  • Temple_Fit
    Temple_Fit Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    My gym just started serving food and I can't believe what they have on there menu. Corndogs, fries, and ever other fried greasy foods. Who does that? I was so upset.:mad: Not that I'm some health nut but I would think they would promote healthy eating. Oh, they do have a garden that the kids planted so that is a plus.
  • LindaLouLu
    LindaLouLu Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    My gym has a "coffee bar" and they have tons of coffee's and teas, as well as smoothies, "fresh" fruit, and baked goods. The baked things are like carrot cake, gigantic cookies, bran muffins, etc. Only their bake goods are HUGE! I'd never buy one. I always stick to the fruit.
  • BuckeyeLife
    BuckeyeLife Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    They have food. I have no idea what they have, I skip it. Just about everything in there is going to be overpriced and unlikely to meet my needs as I see fit(either in yummy value or nutritional value)
  • moesaid2
    moesaid2 Posts: 67
    Options
    I've always thought it was interesting that my gym has vending machines with all the stuff that you are supposed to limit--chips, cookies, etc. Of course it's tucked away in the corner way in the back of the building so most people have never seen it and it's probably for the staff who want to buy stuff. But, when I saw it, I thought it was ironic :happy: . They do have a machine that sells power drinks and water that's out in the open, though...
  • Jenncoc86
    Jenncoc86 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    a gym in my town has pizza Mondays?????
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    My gym has a wonderful cafe. There are breakfast items (breakfast burritos, smoothies, yogurt,etc) as well as lunch and dinner items. I've met friends for lunch after a workout there several times. Lunch and Dinner items are salads, sandwiches, pizza, wraps, etc. There's a nice kids menu too. What makes the cafe different is that calories, fat, protein and carbs are listed right on the menu. It makes a huge difference when you consider what to order. A full nutritional breakdown is also available on ine at the gym's website. And they try their best to make each menu item very healthy. We have a salmon salad on the menu as well as a salmon sandwich, for instance. There's also a nice selection of various bars-high protein, gluten free, etc. for a quick snack. All items are available to go too.
    Best of luck to you! It's nice to have food available.

That's how mine is too---I'm assuming you go to a Lifetime Fitness as well?? I love all the variety, and my son LOVES the stuff on the kids menu :smile:
  • engodwin
    engodwin Posts: 516 Member
    Options

I so forgot about the dang candy jars!!! UGH
  • mama2shi
    mama2shi Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Lifetime Fitness has THE best cafe! We eat there a lot. My fav is a turkey avocado sandwich on chibatta roll....so good! Plus, they list all of the calories, fat, etc. next to each meal so it makes it easy to add to your foods.

they have so many things I have never even tried, and lots of protein shakes too. Very nice place.
  • lahstrand
    lahstrand Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My gym has a great cafe/restaurant. There is a full 2 page hot item menu, salad bar, soups, smoothies and to go items so you can grab breakfast or lunch on your way out. They have a whole section called Superfoods so I can get quinoa with berries and almond milk, or salmon salad to go. I had an amazing tomato basil soup (no cream) loaded with veggies the other night. They don't have nutritional info on everything which is kind of annoying, but they do list all the ingredients. Best of all I can charge it straight to my gym account so I don't need any cash. (My husband would call that the worst part, especially in the summer when we go to the pool and eat lunch at the cafe every weekend. The gym bill gets pretty big by the end of the month!)
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Protein bars, protein shots and protein shakes :bigsmile: