Breakfast

Options
JediSwan
JediSwan Posts: 455 Member
I know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day but what if you really dont feel like eating in the morning, and
nothing sounds good!?! Not even my yummy protein shakes sound good this morning but I know that I need something
so I'm trying to choke down a greek yogurt.

Anyone else have this issue?

Replies

• jehembee
    jehembee Posts: 114
    Options
    I don't have this issue, because I love all breakfast food. But, if you're not hungry, maybe push breakfast off until later?
  • Sahri21
    Sahri21 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I used to have this problem but now I eat a bowl of fruit, have a cup of Silk Chocolate Soy Milk, and some oatmeal. I noticed how unbalanced my day was and decided to make changes and now I look forward to breakfast.
  • littlewitch1973
    Options
    I have that issue almost daily!

Today, I tried a yogurt (my normal breakfast) and just couldnt do it.

So, here I sit, eating an apple with peanut butter. Not all that great, but it's filling the need right now.

Somedays like this, I skip eating until I get hungry, around 10am, and then might have some nuts or something small.
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I don't have this issue, but I've seen lots of people who don't eat much for breakfast. Just have bigger lunchs and suppers. As long as you get your calories in, you should be ok.
  • MorganLeighRN
    MorganLeighRN Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I hate eating breakfast, it makes me feel crummy. I usually drink water or will have some tea. The only time that I eat in the morning is if I am going to workout. Then I'll eat a protein bar or some oatmeal and fruit.
  • JediSwan
    JediSwan Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    This week I switched my work outs to after work and finding that I am just not hungry in the morning.
    Next week I am shifting them back to the mornings so maybe that will change it. I usually have a protein
    drink but even the thought of one made me gag this morning. :(

I know I need something so I'm workin on it. Coffee is probably not a suitable breakfast.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day but what if you really dont feel like eating in the morning, and
    nothing sounds good!?! Not even my yummy protein shakes sound good this morning but I know that I need something

Anyone else have this issue?

Try not eating in the morning. Give it a week or two and see if you can still hit your intended targets (calories, p/f/c) by the end of the day.

If you behave and perform fine by not eating breakfast, just don't eat breakfast.
  • yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I never have that problem. NEVER do I not want to eat. Guess that's why I'm here. :)
  • aspen_matthews
    Options
    I'd start with something very small and work your way up. Your body may not be used to eating breakfast so it may take some time to change that. You can start with half a piece of fruit if that's all you can take, then just work up slowly.
  • kmoore02
    kmoore02 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I didn't eat breakfast until I started on MFP. I used to a lifestyle change program called Naturally Slim where they stated it was okay not to eat until you were hungry and then eat a balance meal. Believe it or not, I actually lost weight doing that without exercise.
  • aquapup
    aquapup Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I usually eat breakfast but on days I just don't feel like it I have a glass of skim milk and half a serving of almonds.
  • Meisha_rnywlj
    Options
    Yes, and usually do the greek yogurt like you or protein shake.... I'm just now getting into breakfast and its still hard for me. I have never been a breakfast person
  • mzhokie
    mzhokie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I walk 3 miles first thing in the morning and most of the time I grab a banana before I go out the door. It's rare I wake up hungry so I drink water, eat a banana and go for a walk.

Then after I cool down and my stomach "wakes" up... I fix an egg sandwich. I will fix that any time between 10 - 12 during the day. It's sort of a brunch for me instead of breakfast.
  • ShrinkingShawna
    ShrinkingShawna Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I used to have this problem, and my dietician told me to eat at leat something small, like a string cheese. 2 months in and I'm finally hungry in the morning. Yogurt can be hard to choke down if you aren't hungry. Try something little?
  • KatyBugs1724
    Options
    doesn't happen to me on a daily basis, but occassionally I feel it. like you just CANT eat it! It's so frustrating! Usually, it only happens to me if either I'm nervous about something or ate a lot late the night before. When it does happen though, there's not much I can do about it :/ can't even get down a bite of banana sometimes!
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    I have this issue.
    I use this tendency to my advantage in that I do my morning cardio in a fasted state, then wait that hour before eating.
    It may burn more fat - who knows?
    Some have bah bah bah argued back and forth about this, but I see results, and results trump any argument.
    Try it.
    I have no problem eating in the morning any longer.
    Good Luck!:smokin:
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    You don't HAVE to eat breakfast. Just listen to your body and eat when you're hungry. I tend to have breakfast around 10-11am so it's actually nearer lunchtime. Just make sure you make your cals up elsewhere. Plus you could have a latte or something that would provide you with some energy without feeling like you've 'eaten breakfast'. xx
  • loribagley
    Options
    I'm the same way! I try and eat a little fruit or drink a smoothie but it really isn't something I want. I tend to be hungry later in the day and would rather spend my calories there so fruit is a good low-cal way to go. Hope this helps!
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options

8 oz Greek yogurt and one chocolate granola bar (there are 2 per pack). 24g protein, 4g fat, and only 265 calories. Yummy

Av4NLSQCAAAZikL1.jpg
  • mmmyotwnz
    mmmyotwnz Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I have never been a breakfast eater. Up until April I could go from 6:30 am to 2:00 in the afternoon with just a cup of coffee. When I got home from work I was legitimately hungry. But what I didn't realize was the stress I was putting my body in, much less dancing with starvation mode.

I am still not a fan of breakfast and currently have 5 favorites that I cycle through. The one that seems to jump start my day and I can take my time with it is a smoothie.

I add about 7-8 oz of unsweetened vanilla almond milk, some ice, cinnamon, allspice and one medium banana and blend it. I drink approx 10oz and one of my kids grabs what is left. I have recently started adding a protein powder I got at Whole Foods because I have been lacking in my protein stats. If I have seasonal blueberries/raspberries I will add that instead.

I absolutely adore Greek yogurts, but I am lactose intolerant. So I have to have a lactose enzyme supplement with it but I can eat it with out the choke factor. The other thing that seems to help is the Ezekiel breads. The cinnamon raisin one with a small amount of Smart Balance Omega 3 spread goes down easy. Odwalla protein drinks or Naked drinks are also good but they add a lot to your sugar intake, so I can get down a half of one.

The funny thing from all this is.. I no longer crave coffee and I am/was a java nut. I would much rather have a glass of water now..gasp.