Dress help!

Options
So, I want to buy a nice, non-Target dress for my anniversary. I don't own anything nice, and I really want it to be worth it.

Here's what I look like (more or less. That was 180 and I'm 176 now):
201205256.jpg

Here are the two dresses I'm looking at:
dresses.jpg

So, I have a similar figure to the model in the photos, except I'm shorter and have a little bit more belly. Which one looks better?

Replies

• SpanishRapunzel
    SpanishRapunzel Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    The first :)
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    The blue dress is gorgeous - just make sure you wear a better bra than she has on.
    And enjoy your special night out :)
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    yeah think the blue one is more elegant. you know what if you can find a nice wrap dress they are also very flattering. I don't like the slit in the second one, it really emphasises models thighs and is a little bit tarty.
  • lyndall5311
    lyndall5311 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I like them both, originally i preferred the first one, but the second one is also growing on me (especially if it was in black).

Whatever you choose, Im sure you will look fantastic in!!!
  • pamelad77
    pamelad77 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I like them both, but if you're anything like me be wary of the ruching across the front in the first one. It has the same effect as horizontal stripes and can make my belly seem bigger than it is.
    But they are both really nice :-)
  • Pimpmonkey
    Pimpmonkey Posts: 566
    Options
    The Blue and I don't see what's wrong with the chest but then I'm not dress-up savvy either.
  • sammielealea
    sammielealea Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I also like the blue!
  • bissek01
    bissek01 Posts: 2
    Options
    Blue ! with a lovely pendant :-)
  • janemem
    janemem Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    The blue, it'll emphasise your fantastic bust and in MO I think the draping will actually disguise any tummy which means you can treat yourself and still look great :)
    By the way you have an wonderful figure, I'd kill for those curves!
  • therealjanelle
    Options
    Both dresses are lovely but I think you would really rock the blue dress. The all-over ruching is actually wonderful for disguising a bit of a tummy while emphasizing your glamorous curves!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    the first one!
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Love them both but if you want to hide a bit of a belly, the first will do that for sure. They're both gorgeous. :)
  • Pancake86
    Pancake86 Posts: 94
    Options
    def first one, its lovely x
  • HannahsReturnToFitness
    Options
    They are both lovely but personally I would prefer the second one. The ruching on the first one makes the models hips etc. look wider.
  • katejenkins1
    katejenkins1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I really like both dresses, but I think I like the blue a little more. I think it will smooth out an problem spots.

You'll have to post pics of you in one when you decide! Have a great night out!!!
  • court211006
    Options
    i like both, they both have good things about them. But i think the teal would be more flattering to your skin tone and hair colour and maybe emphase those amazing curves a little more! have a lovely night, you'll look good in which ever one you buy!
  • warneg
    warneg Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hoo boy. They are both lovely! I like the red because it's a good color for everybody. The blue-ish one is stunning, though. Here's what I do: SPANX. You can get them at Target, I think--or other brands elsewhere. It isn't uncomfortable to wear it under a dress, and it smooths out everything. I hope you have a great time.
  • Charliebarleymo
    Options
    I love the blue one :heart:
  • picassoadagio
    picassoadagio Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    The blue dress.
  • pjsmom2010
    pjsmom2010 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I love the blue one and think it would look good on you. Also agree with the folk who said the scrunching in the front hides the belly. Have a great night out!