Warm-weather dinners.

Options
lil_pulp
lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
Looking for good dinners for the warmer weather. Any suggestions?

Replies

• desireedare
    Options
    Yesterday I made shrimp and avocado over brown rice! it was great!

Here's a link to my blog with the recipe and other recipes!

http://idesireedareyou.wordpress.com/2012/06/13/shrimp-and-avocado-lunch-or-dinner/

Enjoy!
  • DDR470
    DDR470 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I do a lot of salads and food on the grill in warm weather. One of my favorites is the strawberry spinach salad. Here's my recipe:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/recipe/edit/9997245 You can add some chicken or shrimp or a boiled egg for some extra protein.
  • lil_pulp
    Options
    Thanks for the responses! I'll check out the links. (And anyone else, feel free to add more ideas....)
  • DDR470
    DDR470 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Ugh! I can't seem to get the links to work, so here's the ingredients list. Basically, just mix it all up and enjoy! You can also add some red onion if you want a little more kick. ;)

Spinach - Raw, 1 package (10 oz)
    Strawberries - Raw, 1 cup, sliced
    Slivered Almonds 1/4 cup (30g)
    Gorgonzola Cheese 4 oz (substitute reduced fat feta for lower fat content)
    Wish-Bone - Light Raspberry Walnut Vinaigrette Salad Dressing, 8 Tbsp

Serves 4. Calories per serving: 252
    Carbs per serving: 14
    Fat per serving: 57 (mainly due to the dressing and cheese)
    Protein per serving: 11
    Fiber per serving: 3
  • plafleur76
    plafleur76 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Grilled chicken breast that was marinated in teriyaki sauce, then some rice and fresh summer veggies like celery, carrots, cucumbers, broccoli. I like it and so does my kids. Go white or brown rice, whatever your preference.
  • wildcata77
    wildcata77 Posts: 660
    Options
    We eat homemade sandwiches at least once a week...and by sandwich I mean whole grain bread, spicy mustard, a little meat and cheese, and TONS of veggies like lettuce, tomato, spinach, bell pepper, poblano peppers, etc.

Also, we frequently do "farmer's market" dinners: where we load up on veggies at the market and have an all vegetable meal. In the south, that's going to be what's at the peak of season, so right now it would be sauteed squash and onions, cabbage, beets, field peas, snap beans, and sliced fresh tomatoes.

GREAT warm weather meal, and the leftovers can go for he rest of the week (like you make the veggies on Sunday, have veggie dinner, then throw some chicken in the crockpot to have with leftover veggies Monday).
  • neegeeikwa
    Options
    I make a lot of crockpot recipes in the summer. Today is Chicken Chow mein with brown rice on the side.

http://southernfood.about.com/od/crockpotporkandham/r/bl48c1.htm
  • Brennaohh
    Brennaohh Posts: 47
    Options
    We eat homemade sandwiches at least once a week...and by sandwich I mean whole grain bread, spicy mustard, a little meat and cheese, and TONS of veggies like lettuce, tomato, spinach, bell pepper, poblano peppers, etc.

Also, we frequently do "farmer's market" dinners: where we load up on veggies at the market and have an all vegetable meal. In the south, that's going to be what's at the peak of season, so right now it would be sauteed squash and onions, cabbage, beets, field peas, snap beans, and sliced fresh tomatoes.

GREAT warm weather meal, and the leftovers can go for he rest of the week (like you make the veggies on Sunday, have veggie dinner, then throw some chicken in the crockpot to have with leftover veggies Monday).

omg i MUST move south. love fresh veggies, yum (:
  • lil_pulp
    Options
    Some good ideas so far. Thanks, everyone who shared!
  • toysbigkid
    toysbigkid Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    bumping, thanks everyone!