Exercise calories.

Options
Ok, I have been seeing some problems in my progress. I have read over and over and over about how important it is to eat back my exercise calories. So, for my base calories, I try to eat healthy.....protein, limiting sodium, cholesterol, and fat. Nuts, veggies, fruit, lean meat, salmon, fish, etc..... I burn around 1000 calories during a normal day of cardio/strength.....and people have been all over me about how important it is to eat them back. so, I have started eating my exercise calories back...in ice cream. Usually vanilla bean, with caramel topping. And for some reason, I have stopped losing weight. What could possibly be wrong?

I don't go over on calories usually, and if I do, I make it up the following day, so within a week, I am on target.

Ideas anyone?

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,131 Member
    Options
    Is this another one of your attempts at humor? ha ha very funny.
  • cynthiaj777
    cynthiaj777 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Stop:laugh:
  • VenomousDuck
    VenomousDuck Posts: 206
    Options
    have you tried adding whipped cream? and a cherry. fruit is important.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    I think your problem is that you are eating too many beans. Those are full of carbs. Try and swap out the vanilla bean for some black raspberry and that should get your metabolism kicking again.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    it's because there's no fruit with your ice cream...
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    is your ice cream gluten free? or is it mixed with splenda? we need specifics if we're going to solve your issue....also, is it just ice cream? \m/
  • Tanyawhite30
    Tanyawhite30 Posts: 473
    Options
    :laugh: maby eat low-fat ice cream.....
    2143661 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Try having some chocolate ice cream instead, I think you lose more with that one!
  • CountryBoy65
    CountryBoy65 Posts: 908 Member
    Options

But then i have to eat more of it to get all my exercise cals back....
  • CountryBoy65
    CountryBoy65 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    is your ice cream gluten free? or is it mixed with splenda? we need specifics if we're going to solve your issue....also, is it just ice cream? \m/

Its usually home made with milk from one of my own cows......
  • VenomousDuck
    VenomousDuck Posts: 206
    Options
    Organic, free range ice cream. gluten free, too.

and the earlier response about carbs in the beans is 100% correct.

stick to the chocolate infused flavors for the antioxidants
  • ElleOQuent
    ElleOQuent Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Add a banana and you'll be golden.

Something about bananas and belly fat. They reduce it, right?
  • llahairdna
    llahairdna Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I freaking love vanilla ice cream. And this sounds VERY cliche, but the best french vanilla ice cream I ever had was from a street vendor outside the Louvre in Paris. Mmmmm...........
  • twisted88
    twisted88 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    You need to mix it up and have chocolate ice cream every once in a while. You need the good antioxidants chocolate can provide to help in your weight lose.
  • DeenaSteelerGirl
    Options
    Try beer and potatoe chips.. works for me :tongue:
  • DebbieRasmussen
    DebbieRasmussen Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    If you choose to eat those extra calories, I would eat healthy snacks or eat less ice cream.
  • Tanyawhite30
    Tanyawhite30 Posts: 473
    Options

But then i have to eat more of it to get all my exercise cals back....
    . . Maby you add chocolate sauce with caramel.... And a few nuts..... But make sure they're unsalted... Better for you...
  • twisted88
    Options
    If you choose to eat those extra calories, I would eat healthy snacks or eat less ice cream.

But he already said that he wasn't going over on his calories, so what do you suggest he eat to make up for the remaining calories he was going to eat with the ice cream if he follows your advise to eat less ice cream?
  • twisted88
    Options
    Maybe you aren't eating enough? Remember "Eat more, not less" Your body might think it's starving.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Use a smaller spoon one day, then a larger spoon the next.
    You have got to shock your system, mix it up.