Running

Options
ehte_h
ehte_h Posts: 295 Member
Really getting into running outdoors now... The more I do it the more I enjoy it. i'm thinking of taking a break from the gym & weight training and getting hardcore into running to get rid of the remaining weight. I'm getting fed up of the big *kitten* stomach with everything else being ok. Any thoughts?

Replies

• ilovegreg05
    ilovegreg05 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I would continue to weight train to hold on to your all of your muscle.
  • jgic2009
    jgic2009 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I would cut back on lifting, but not eliminate it.
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Why can't you do both?
  • nermal6873
    nermal6873 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I agree you should keep the gym. You could alternate days between lifting and running. I know a lot of people (including myself) who do that.
  • JAllen32
    JAllen32 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Definately stick with lifting. Your going to want to have sexy muscle definition while your running, right? I've been running for a long time, and was happy about my weight loss. But never started feeling proud about my body until I saw the reshaping that the gym has done for me. Do both!
  • I love to run outside but have been doing the weight lifting regularly for 6 months now while continuing to run 3x a week. I am also fed up with my stomach. No complaints about the rest of my body. What can we do? Will running help the tummy fat? Because I have ran longer than lift and the belly is still there....
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    It's not good for you to run everyday anyway... so why not alternate running and lifting? Run-Lift-Run-Lift-Run-Lift-Day Off.?
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Assess your caloric intake.

Personally I had an easier time losing/maintaining weight while primarily lifting vs primarily running.
  • athensguy
    athensguy Posts: 550
    Options
    Run more or eat less.
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Continue with the resistance training and don't increase your weekly mileage by any more than 10^%. You'll do great! Good luck!