Women with big bellies? Any success pics, tips or stories?

Options
13»

Replies

• NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    bump.. Same issue
  • localatte
    localatte Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with ya!! I am down 20lbs and am noticing that the belly is going away slowly but surely. Clean eating, I try to stay away from dairy and things that bloat and I'm 20 days into an ab challenge. It's working!

This was at about 235. I looked about 7 months preggo.
    photo.jpg

This was monday at 213 lbs. I still have a long ways to go but the belly is going!!
    3.jpg

Great job!
  • jammet80
    jammet80 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    marchapriljune-1.jpg

This is my progress so far.
    OMG. That's awesome.
  • toysbigkid
    toysbigkid Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    you are all an inspiration...keep up the good work...I'd like to see more pictures later when your all done
  • deniseg31
    deniseg31 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    marchapriljune-1.jpg

This is my progress so far.

You look great for weighing 207!!! CONGRATS!!! I can only imagine how fab you will be at your goal weight! :smile:

Oh and I too am having the same problem. Looks like this jelly belly will never go away. Grrrrr!!!! And worst off I keep hearing that the stomach is the last thing to go. :sad:
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine has pocos and lost a lot of weight from her middle. Do not have pics tho. Here is me:
    292367_10150254652871829_5058523_n.jpg
    535356_10151751503765607_1690500749_n.jpg
    303367_10151751504375607_905840960_n.jpg
  • Tenoreo90
    Tenoreo90 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! I had a c-section a little over two years ago as well and I'm SICK of everyone telling me to just give up and get a tummy tuck!
  • GabTastic
    GabTastic Posts: 21
    Options
    Clean eating is key! If you look at your actual food and not just calories, this will be a huge help. I have lost weight and gained weight over the years. My long term success was seen with removing most processed foods and limiting dairy and gluten from my diet. Yes, this is restrictive, but it is doable, and it not only makes you loose all over but it is much better for your gut.
    The Flat Belly Diet is a great book and so is The Mediterranean Diet book. They both give you real food options :)
  • Elisac2008
    Elisac2008 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    i have a belly problem. most of my weight is there. i need help.
  • katiebug2812
    Options
    bump
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    take pictures, even if you don't *think* you have made any progress.

I really didn't think I had made any progress since I had only lost a few pounds...My friend posted a candid of me on FB. It was horrible and I wanted to cry...but then I decided that just for giggles and grins I would take my OWN picture of myself in the outfit. I thought I saw a difference! So every week or so for the last month I have taken a picture in that outfit. I am not good at posting pictures here, but you can check my profile--there is only a 10lb difference between the first and the last picture.

I don't have PCOS, but I DO have IR. The most progress was made when I reduced my net carbs to under 100g per day.
  • inchik
    inchik Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Astephens1984
    Astephens1984 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Wow, you all look great! I am work on my belly as well! I hope i can get it to look that good!
  • reshapemariah21
    reshapemariah21 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Thanks to the women commenting on my progress!
    And congrats to the women who have also made awesome progress!
  • hersheyskiss
    Options
    bump
  • localatte
    Options
    Well this is where I started at...
    Picnikcollage.jpg

As you can see, I carry almost all my weight in my tummy. BLAH!!

But it's shrinking....
    This was taken June 7th 2012 ...weight 157lbs. I am 5'10
    2011-02-22Weightlossmotivatorpics2-1.jpg

My first couple months I did the elliptical for 45 min to 60 min at least 5 days a week, then I added Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred and I started seeing definition. But unfortunately, I suffered a bout of Achilles Tendonitis which has taken months to recover from so I am just now getting back into working out again.

Now I do mostly Strength training with hand weights and my ab workout and only a little cardio which is my elliptical.

What a difference! I can see it on your face too, and that's the second place I carry my weight!!
  • localatte
    Options
    A friend of mine has pocos and lost a lot of weight from her middle. Do not have pics tho. Here is me:
    292367_10150254652871829_5058523_n.jpg
    535356_10151751503765607_1690500749_n.jpg
    303367_10151751504375607_905840960_n.jpg

You look really fit! And happy to hear about your friend.
    take pictures, even if you don't *think* you have made any progress.

I don't have PCOS, but I DO have IR. The most progress was made when I reduced my net carbs to under 100g per day.

Good point, think I will take some pics of the big belly on me to see if I can see any progress in the future.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!