Feeling kind of rough after workout?

Options
I think I might be overheating when I am doing my workout in the morning. Yesterday I started the 30 day shed. I have not worked out like that in years! In any case I felt like **** for most of the day. Today before I started I tried having a small piece of cheese and two apple slices. I am also drinking water 8-10oz. throughout the video. When I finished I drank a 50cal protien drink and then grabbed a shower. For breakfast I had 200gr of yogurt, 1/4 cup of granola, a handful of raspberries and 1/2 a grapefruit. (black coffee too!) Is there a better way to beat this or will I get better the longer I do it?

Replies

• patchesgizmo
    patchesgizmo Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    if you are exercising first thing in the morning on an empty stomach you are probably throwing your blood sugar into a dive until your body releases more sugar. It would throw you totally off. Eat like a banana before and see if that is better, then wait a while to eat afterwards.
  • Lkoblara
    Lkoblara Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Maybe try an electrolyte replacement drink? like gatorade or powerade?
  • cmp_denver
    cmp_denver Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I agree with Patch, if you haven't eaten anything that will definitely affect how you feel - your body doesn't have the energy it needs to burn for the work out (especially depending on how long it was since you had dinner/snack the night before). Also, the Shred is hard-core if you're not used to working out so hard, my guess is that it's a combination of not having eaten and not used to the work-out. A banana is a good idea before. Good luck!
  • luvmyharley
    Options
    Thank you for your input. I will try to have a banana tomorrow morning and see how I feel. A co-worker also suggested I try something like a gatorade to increase my sodium.