Support for losing weight & getting pregnant!!

Options
Hi my name is Angela and I am looking for some friends that share my same goals! I am currently 32 years old and working on losing 25lbs. My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for almost 2 years, with no such luck. Just looking for someone who is going through the same thing, since it is VERY FRUSTRATING!!! :mad: Just recently decided to get into shape since I am sick of gaining weight and not getting pregnant. Plus it helps focus on something else besides the waiting game!

Replies

• afl0405
    afl0405 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, I need to lose 20 lbs! Feel free to friend me.
  • awolf2011
    awolf2011 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I feel for you. My name is Angela and I am 32 years old too!! Funny......Anyhow, I have 3 boys and am currently trying to get pregnant as well. Granted, I have not been trying for very long, but still trying. I too want to lose some more weight before it happens b/c I gained 50+ lbs with all 3 of my boys and I felt terrible afterwards. I am at a weight that I am comfortable in my own skin, however, I want to lose some more so that I don't have to deal with all the excessive weight after giving birth. I totally understand where your frustrations and goals are at. I think that if women are healthy and not very obese, they tend to have easier pregnancies, not to say that all are easier, but I have known a lot of cases where very obese women have quite a few complications during and after pregnancy. So, hang in there!! Friend me if you want a buddy!!
  • meechi53
    meechi53 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Me too!

And I thought maybe it would be easier to get PG if I dropped some lbs and got healthier. Plus, if I do and gain weight, I think I will be able to lose it easier than I thought, if I stick with what I should do.
  • mrsmerrithew
    mrsmerrithew Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Ohhh! Me!!

I'm 26. I've been losing weight for a while - well, I've been STUCK for a while now..lol.. Anyway, I have about 30 I want to to lose ultimately and my husband and I have been trying for only 2 months now!

Feel free to add me ladies! :o)
  • shelbynicole32
    shelbynicole32 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Just got of BC a month ago.. Not necissarily TTC, but not NOT TTC... Just seeing what happens really...
    Trying to lose weight to be healthier before I get pregnant. Already down 20 pounds, about 20 more to go :)
    Feel free to add me, and good luck in your journey!
  • JMT2711
    JMT2711 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm with you!! I'm also 32 years old and need to lose about 60 pounds to be a healthy weight for pregnancy. I'm in it with you!!
  • PurpleGyrl13
    PurpleGyrl13 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Feel free to friend me. I'm 43 and have been trying to get pregnant for 13 years. There's more to my story but don't want to put it out there for everyone. But feel free to message me.
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I am 29 and trying to lose 20 lbs so I can get pregnant....eventually.
  • PrettynWitty12
    PrettynWitty12 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My name is Nanci and I'm tryin gto lose weight AND have a baby...at the same time, lol. My other half and I have been trying for 1 year and it's been the whole focus of my existence lately. I began my weight loss journey as a result of wanting to conceive but now I use it as a welcome distraction. Stay positive and hang in there hun, that's what I'm trying to do!
  • bkay30
    bkay30 Posts: 43
    Options
    Me too! We started trying to get preggers with baby #3 in January. Never thought it would be a problem since I conceieved my first two so easily (they are 18 months apart). But 6 months later it was discovered I wasnt even ovulating. I think its because of my weight gain.

I decided to put TTC on hold and concentrate on weight loss. :) We plan to start trying again in September. :)
  • hlthymom83
    hlthymom83 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Johanna 29 years old and ttc as well. I def wanna lose at least 15 more lbs before getting pregnant. So I completely understand you. Does anyone get nervous about working out while ttc? I know I do...feel free to add me!
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Angela and I am looking for some friends that share my same goals! I am currently 32 years old and working on losing 25lbs. My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for almost 2 years, with no such luck. Just looking for someone who is going through the same thing, since it is VERY FRUSTRATING!!! :mad: Just recently decided to get into shape since I am sick of gaining weight and not getting pregnant. Plus it helps focus on something else besides the waiting game!

I totally understand what you are talking about, and if you DO lose weight, chances are that you will get pregnant.

You might want to go to the doctor and get a physical to r/o any health issues. less than 3 months before I got pregnant with my youngest, I went to the doctor because I had GAINED 30 pounds in like 4 months on WW and going to a women's gym ( like curves). She found that I had insulin resistance, prescribed a low carb diet and told me that I was to come back in 2 months to discuss going on medication. In 2 months I went back to the doctors about 15-20 pounds lighter, AND about 3 weeks pregnant ( I found out later that week). Apparently the IR had caused secondary infertility, as soon as I dropped a little weight, I became fertile!
  • Amcolecchi
    Amcolecchi Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    My name is Angela also!! Beautiful name I know! ;) I am kinda in the same boat. I am 25 and want to lose more weight before getting pregnant also! Feel free to add me :)
  • KristaPetraitis
    KristaPetraitis Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    We're not currently trying, per se, but I definitely want to lose weight before that time comes! My current weight is what I want to be 9 months pregnant, so I'm wanting to lose 25-30 lbs.
  • LivyJo
    LivyJo Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Me too - we just started trying to get pregnant for the first time. Really need to lose 20lbs to be at a healthier weight, but 30-35lbs would be the best. Hoping the weight loss will support getting pregnant, as well as just to be a healthier mamma for the future. Would love support of people trying for the same thing!
  • Runs4Wine
    Runs4Wine Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Good luck - I know how frustrating it is. I can give you a success story....

More than 5 years ago, DH and I were TTC without luck. I decided to start losing weight (did WW and started the C25K program) and lost 30lbs. After 9 months of TTC we got pregnant and have a great little boy.

We haven't been successful with #2, but that's another story. Keep at your weight loss. It's a nice thing to focus your energy on with positive results.
  • McFelix57
    McFelix57 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Same here - I lost 40 lbs a year ago, motivating by knowing we would be TTC in the next year. We've been trying to 7 months now and I've let about 10 lbs creep on. At my current state, I'd like to lose another 15 lbs and hopefully get pregnant very soon! Anyone else in this situation is welcome to friend me!
  • justdazed
    justdazed Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Same boat :) Losing weight to prepare for TTC in the next couple of years. I was having anovulatory cycles before going back on the BCP and I'm hoping weight loss will help that!
  • equinescrapper
    Options
    Nice to know there are others out there! :) I'm Jess and I'm 32. I have a 2 year old daughter and hope to TTC this fall for another. I need to lose the weight I gained from my daughter and don't feel like I've gotten very far. I need to lose 110 in total, but 35 more will put me at my pre-pregnancy weight. Feel free to friend me if you like.
  • LAS_1980
    LAS_1980 Posts: 156
    Options
    Well not sure if any of you have a regular doctor or not, but if they know what is going on with you trying to conceive and lose weight at the same time, there is a possibility that they'll put you on Metformin. It is completely harmless, helps stimulate your ovaries, and lose weight all at the same time. My dr put me on it to help with weight loss and to help me conceive. I ran out and never got my RX filled again so i quit taking it. This was over 2 years ago. I was extremely overweight (280 ish) last May when I found out I was pregnant and now have a beautiful, healthy 5 month old girl. I sure wish I would have lost weight though before I had her cause I quit smoking as soon as I found out I was pregnant and gained a TON of weight!! I have also been told that 10 lbs of weight loss can make a significant difference when trying to conceive. Good luck to ALL of you ladies!! Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like!!