Sugar

Sugar is my worst enemy, whatever I eat seems to contain a bundle!
I work in a busy restaurant and tell myself that I'm just burning off the sugar from my smoothies before it saturates, is that really what's happening?
Also, I can't seem to find snacks which aren't filled with sugar. Ideas?
I'm pretty small and curvy but I'm worried my sugary diet is stopping me being able to tone up properly!

Replies

• tinabell153
    tinabell153 Posts: 292 Member
    Eat cinnamon. It helps regulate blood sugar. I take it and I've seen a significant change. But you have to make sure you don't over do the cinnamon because it can cause low blood sugar.
  • Prettytoy76
    Prettytoy76 Posts: 8 Member
    Cinnamon? Never thought of that! Thanks
  • MMAQueen
    MMAQueen Posts: 279 Member
    hard to say if you are actually eating to much sugar if we can't see your diary ;)

how much sugar are you eating? is it natural? or processed?
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    I work in a busy restaurant and tell myself that I'm just burning off the sugar from my smoothies before it saturates, is that really what's happening?

No, but there's nothing magical about the smoothie that will keep you from losing weight if you are staying within your calories. I'd snack on more satisfying things that have more protein and complex carbs and less sugar, though. Less hungry = less snacky.
  • Prettytoy76
    Prettytoy76 Posts: 8 Member
    I probably eat around 50-70 grams a day give or take but I always think that's too much considering I'm only 5"5 and 112lbs! I'm not on a strict diet at all, I usually just eat what I want as long as it keeps below 1500 calories a day. I hate feeling full so I'm guessing that's why I snack on sugar so much!