Replies

• rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    i eat, idrink, i log, i move on:bigsmile:
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    No, MFP is only for the 'good' food days so I can look and see how well I did three days out of the month, and use that as a motivation to make it 4 or 5.... I really hate vegetables, you see.... :laugh:
  • MissMama5
    MissMama5 Posts: 23
    Options
    I have only not-logged once since starting and it was while I was out for dinner which we don't do often at all, so I forgave myself. I try really hard to fit my treats into my calorie limit (like today I had chocolate, and even with my whole day logged I'm still under 1220 cal) but if I must go over I work it off usually! i am taking my son out to the movies tonight and REAALYYYYY want some movie popcorn but I pre-logged it to see and it rang in at 480 CAL for a small bag. Nope. Not worth it. I will bring my own snack or something, sneaky sneaky ;)
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Hell, yes ..... I log every single thing I can think of ...... sometimes even waking up in a sweat in the middle of the night about it ROFL ..... but honestly, seeing the "bad" is sometimes more motivating than seeing just the "good" .....

Happy trails :drinker:
  • cherrybomb_77
    cherrybomb_77 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Yep. I log every day (120 days straight and counting), no matter what. Thankfully my "bad" days are very few and far between now!
  • sunshine29225
    sunshine29225 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    It's painful but I still log and determine not to let it happen again!
  • rebeccasedwards
    Options
    I usually don't have bad days maybe a bad meal. Yes, I log in every day. It drives my husband crazy sometimes but it holds me responsible especially the next day. I haven't missed a day logging in around 5 months. It makes me exercise too. I like those extra calories even though I usually don't eat them back.
  • DEEDLYNN
    DEEDLYNN Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I have found that if I log, I can recover a bad day before I throw in the towel and give myself the license to do what I want until tomorrow, or even Monday.

So, one or two bad choices....make for a B- day....but not an F day. It has really been eye opening for me...how quick I can recover, just by actually putting it in the journal and being accountable for it.
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I keep the diary open, and for "bad days" I'll overestimate the calories and add them as a "Quick Add". You'll see blocks of 1000 or 2000 for that. Helps me keep the weekly totals more accurate, and it motivates me to do better the next few days.
  • plafleur76
    plafleur76 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I recently had a couple bad days because of eating out for lunch with a buddy one day, I logged both days fully and honestly. Being dishonest isn't going to help me. It is lying to myself really. The others tht may read my diary they have no way of verifying, but I will know. I do it to hold myself accountable and so I will know the reason for my lack of progress, if I don't have any. but more than likely one day ain't gonna kill ya.
  • OhKelsey1
    OhKelsey1 Posts: 139
    Options
    Last night, I logged in food that I brought home from work (Bonefish Grill), and I was HORRIFIED by the amount of calories! I used to be bad about not logging if I knew I'd gone over, but seeing that number guarantees that I will NEVER do that again--so I think logging bad days is good.
  • amara71998
    amara71998 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I log everything every time. Sometimes you just have bad days, or you're in a predicament where its difficult to make great choices. That doesn't mean you didn't eat! I log to not only hold myself accountable, but so that I can factor it into my week and make up for it with exercise. Plus, if it says my deficit should have me losing 2 pounds and I don't, I know I can reference that bad day to see where I went wrong.
  • AntShanny
    AntShanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Even the days I say I'm not going to log because I know I'm going to o/d on Ben and Jerry's I end up logging! I guess eventually I won't, but for now it seems to work best if I do.
  • tasiamere
    tasiamere Posts: 233
    Options
    For me, logging the bad days just makes me hold myself accountable and try harder the next day.

I AGREE 100%

Yup!
  • vypeters
    vypeters Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Yes. Knowing I will log them seems to decrease the number of bad days. Besides, if you don't log it, that doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Everyone has good and bad days. Being honest with yourself helps you look back and figure out patterns so you can make changes.
  • Ajmead
    Ajmead Posts: 56
    Options
    For me, logging the bad days just makes me hold myself accountable and try harder the next day.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    I log, no matter what. I really don't see the point of using this website if you are not completely honest.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I logged the 900 calories in beer I drank this past Sunday. It really helps me, actually, keeps me on track and lets me know "ok, you were ridiculous today, hit the gym hardcore!" or if I know I'm going to be eating something bad or like today, going to happy hour, I can plan ahead calorie/exercise wise.

Log it all! It's always good to know what exactly you're putting in your body :smile:
  • jillica
    jillica Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Also, logging my bad days sometimes makes me feel better than if i hadn't!

With my old Eating habits, I EASILY ATE 2500-3000 calories in 1 day - EASILY!

So even after I log in and see that I ate 2400 :huh: , I still did better than the old me. I'm still going forward on my journey.
  • katkrak
    katkrak Posts: 92
    Options
    I log everything and I have quite a few days where I go way over! Sometimes I go to bed without logging something, but then the next morning, I enter every last bit of it! It's pretty embarrassing for me because my diary is open to all of my friends, but I think that's what helps me get back on track.