Hidden Calories ... Do you count these ???

Options
Most people don't realize that vitamins taken daily do have calories and nutrients in them ... Do you log yours ?

My Vitamins carry 70 calorie, 7 grams of fat and 2 grams of protein .... You bet I'm going to count them !

Most bottles come with a barcode and can be easily scanned ... If your like me, and want an accurate number at the end of the day ... Be sure to add these calories / macros every day !

Just thought I would share that with the MFP world .... :smile:

Replies

• Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I take spirulina and it's 5 calories, I don't log it for the calories I log it for the nutrients.
  • smithjennife
    Options
    I do count these. I take a vitamin and calcium supplement twice a day. Combined this adds up to 60 calories a day. I'm trying to be as accurate as possible with my food log, so I want to see where all my calories are going.
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I don't log anything that is zero calories.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    Yep. I count/log mine.
  • gregpack
    gregpack Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    My daily fish oil intake is 100 calories. I usually add 100-200 quick ad calories each day for in attempt to keep it real.........
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Yes I log mine as well.
  • Anastacia1119
    Anastacia1119 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I do! Even things like truvia because it does count towards your macros. I stick to a 40/40/20 balance. So even if it's no calories, I still log it to stay within my macro ranges for the day. :-)
  • karenmi
    karenmi Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    No I don't, but on the flipside I don't count exercise like some other do....I only log "intentional" exercise, like the gym or a vigorous walk/hike.....I don't count housework, gardening, walking the dog, walking to & from work, taking the stairs at work, etc. So I figure it all balances out.
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    I dont count anything that isnt real. if i cant see it its not real so, no i dont count something that doesnt exist.

Do you count chickens before they hatch? thats the real question!
  • MrsR0SE
    MrsR0SE Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I log my vitamins even though they have zero calories, because they are vitamins, and I'm tracking some of them! It's not always all about the calories :)
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    If it's hidden, how do you know you should count it??

Also, I don't take vitamins.
  • Samstudent88
    Samstudent88 Posts: 135
    Options
    I log anything I put in my mouth.....except water.....because I don't remember how many bottles and I can't run to the computer everytime I drink ....
  • NMJosephs
    NMJosephs Posts: 185
    Options
    If I take my vitamins I definitely log 'em. My body needs to burn those calories too, right? It's not like they don't need to be burned because they're from vitamins!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options

Only if the eggs are in one basket.
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I dont count anything that isnt real. if i cant see it its not real so, no i dont count something that doesnt exist.

If only that made sense ... the real question is do you have any idea what your reference was supposed to mean ?
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    If it's hidden, how do you know you should count it??

Also, I don't take vitamins.

Why do people think they are hidden ???? My fish oil and coconut oil ... are ... get this ... OIL ! Hmmmmmm, crazy huh ?
  • twinmom01
    twinmom01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I actually jacked my daily calories down about 150/day (I was set ay 1500 and over rode it so it says 1350) so I didn't have to worry about logging my vitamins all the time...also to account for the small amount of coconut and olive oil I may use in any given day to sautee things in (since my intake would not be a full serving...)
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    I would if I took vitamins and they had any kind of significant amount of calories. Some of those are really high! I guess I'd need diet vitamins LOL.
  • amara71998
    amara71998 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I log mine, but when I scanned the barcode it said 0 calories. I'm not sure if that's true, but I add them anyway! When I take tums I add that too, and fish oil when I take it as well. Some things like herbs and spices don't have the calories on the bottle, but I scan them and I'm shocked at how many calories some of them have! So I add them all in too.
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    Why do people think they are hidden ???? My fish oil and coconut oil ... are ... get this ... OIL ! Hmmmmmm, crazy huh ?

I don't think people think they are hidden, but your Topic is 'HIDDEN CALORIES...Do you count these?'

I don't bother only b/c I also don't bother to record a certain amount of walking, etc. and I have my activity level set to Sedentary. Just my preference.