What's your position on snacks at night?

Options

Replies

• ashleyacee
    ashleyacee Posts: 118
    Options
    If I am TRULY hungry I will drink tea or water and have a protein shake or cottage cheese and pb. Everyone has different facts/opimions on this but for me It doesn't matter what time it is, but the food you are putting into your body, and if you need it rather than want it.
  • xmommyof2boysx
    xmommyof2boysx Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I eat what I want, when I want -- as long as it fits into my daily calorie goals.

^^^This
  • kadins_momma07
    kadins_momma07 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I save calories for a late night snack. 60 cals min- a pudding cup ;-) up to chips and mango salsa, just depending on the calories left. Figure it's better to let myself have it then fighting it!

Yep! I agree :)
    Why go to bed hungry and miserable then wake up in the morning starving? No since in it!
  • oldmanstauf
    oldmanstauf Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I typically always have a snack at night. I try to leave myself the calories to do so. Normally it ends up being chips & salsa or ice cream.
  • km_jenn
    km_jenn Posts: 107
    Options
    I like them sexy, hot, and waiting for me in bed.

Haha!
  • RedSkinFox
    RedSkinFox Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I eat what I want, when I want -- as long as it fits into my daily calorie goals.
    Ditto
  • kylesmommy89
    kylesmommy89 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I am for it!! I love my night time snacking with my husband at night when we are winding down and watching t.v. As long as you don't go crazy all day long, you should have room for a little treat :)
  • jolinemariem
    jolinemariem Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    i think its ok to snack late but i normally try to make it fruit or something like that
  • jillica
    jillica Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I used to do this all the time until I heard that it can make you hungrier the next day and make you want to eat more so I stopped and it really helped!

I would buy this! When I was in my groove, I wasn't doing my evening snack (not even feeling like i needed it). I've gotten out of my groove. I am going to TRY REALLY HARD to not do my snack tonight and see if it helps get my mojo back.
  • AntShanny
    AntShanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    My position...usually on the floor or on the sofa in front of the television...
  • MizCJ84
    MizCJ84 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I have done a good amount of research on this topic, and found that most fit people agree that snacking at night is perfectly okay as long as it fits your calorie requirements. I often skip breakfast and eat the majority of my calories at night. I know this is a big NO-NO for many dieters, but it suits me just fine :tongue: .

16774070.png
  • celticmuse
    celticmuse Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    i eat a snack right before bed every night. feed my muscles!! i make sure its a slow releasing protein with healthy fats though. steal my recipe;)

-1 scoop casein protein powder (i use cookies n cream by ON...chocolate is yummy too)
    -1 TBSP natural nut butter
    -add almond milk and mix until its pudding like

freeze for half hour

thank me later. ;)

Yum! This sounds great! I get a sweet tooth after dinner, so I always try to save about 150 calories for a before bed snack. I generally try to eat it before 9:00 pm. One of my favorites are the dark chocolate Quadritini wafers (140 cal). Or a mini-bag of popcorn (100 calories). Or occasionally, I will have a cookie with a cup of herbal tea. Makes me not feel deprived....
  • PicNic00
    PicNic00 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I like them sexy, hot, and waiting for me in bed.

tee-hee..
  • funsiiz
    funsiiz Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter, skim milk and carrots or a smoothie
  • workoutgirl23
    Options
    Snacking at night is my favorite thing to do. lol. i basically just save up some of my calories for the day, and i use the calories for a couple snacks in the later hours. i much more enjoy to eat my snacks once my kids are in bed and i can relax.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    My position?? Laid out with my nuts out (peanuts, pistachios, etc.).
  • km_jenn
    km_jenn Posts: 107
    Options
    I am for it!! I love my night time snacking with my husband at night when we are winding down and watching t.v. As long as you don't go crazy all day long, you should have room for a little treat :)

^^ This is exactly the same for me. It always fits into my calories for the day, and I keep it under 200 calories. I can't tell if I am really hungry, or if by habit I'm just ready for something! lol... But like you, I look forward to my little treats, and we have fun with it. I usually bake us some kind of protein cakes, and eat it with yogurt or cottage cheese. Lately I have been loving mini baked oatmeal cakes with cinnamon protein mixed in before baking... It's like an oatmeal muffin of goodness! Yum!
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    I don't see a problem with it as long as it fits within your goal for the day. Eating at night doesn't make you fat, overeating makes you fat.
  • kadins_momma07
    kadins_momma07 Posts: 328 Member
    Options

Same here, it's kind of our bonding time lol. After our son is in bed and my husband is home from work (sometimes that's 10:00pm) we like to just sit together, snack and watch shows and talk!
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Depends on the snack. I might have a sugar free Jell-O in the evening. But nothing really substantial....I dont need it.