Insanity

Options
I'm on day 3 of insanity and though i've read the nutrition guide and try to make it as budget-friendly as possible, i'm still confused. For the people doing insanity or has done it..what did you eat and how much did you eat? Cals also?

Replies

• JeremyM1977
    Options
    I've done Insanity (and am still doing it), but I never used the nutrition guide. I also did the same thing with P90X.
    Their nutrition guide is purely that...........a guide.

I never thought of them as a roadmap that I had to follow exactly in order to get results. I just knew that if I kept pushing "PLAY" on my DVD player, and made sure to moderate what I at and not eat a lot of junk, I would continue to get in the shape I want.

For the most part, that has been the case (don't pay attention to my scale, I have only been on MFP for a week, but have been doing Insanity for much longer).
  • radiantlybelle
    Options
    Thank you for your response!
    Did you eat 5 times a day?
    I'm already steering away from junk food.
  • JeremyM1977
    Options
    I eat a relatively small breakfast, a soy protein drink.
    About mid-way between breakfast and lunch, I have a nut and grain or granola bar.

I have a typical lunch at work (i.e., sandwich, etc.)

I then come home and have a decent dinner with the family.

So, doing the math, I still have my main 3 meals, with one snack..........and that's it.
    I don't prescribe to the thought that one should have 5 small meals, nor do I buy into the rumblings that eating more small meals jumpstarts our metabolism.

When it comes to losing weight, your body isn't wearing a wristwatch, it doesn't care when you eat, as long as you are burning more than you are taking in, you should see results. I still enjoy the occasional "junk" item. I have a weakness for peanut butter cups, and maybe a bowl of ice cream on the weekend, but again, as long as what I burn is more than what I take in, I know I won't pay the price..........and so far, I haven't.
  • radiantlybelle
    Options
    Thank you! I'm gonna see how it goes for me.
  • B_Running
    B_Running Posts: 158
    Options
    I eat a relatively small breakfast, a soy protein drink.
    About mid-way between breakfast and lunch, I have a nut and grain or granola bar.

I have a typical lunch at work (i.e., sandwich, etc.)

I then come home and have a decent dinner with the family.

So, doing the math, I still have my main 3 meals, with one snack..........and that's it.
    I don't prescribe to the thought that one should have 5 small meals, nor do I buy into the rumblings that eating more small meals jumpstarts our metabolism.

When it comes to losing weight, your body isn't wearing a wristwatch, it doesn't care when you eat, as long as you are burning more than you are taking in, you should see results. I still enjoy the occasional "junk" item. I have a weakness for peanut butter cups, and maybe a bowl of ice cream on the weekend, but again, as long as what I burn is more than what I take in, I know I won't pay the price..........and so far, I haven't.

You really just need to find the method that works for your body. I had a friend who lost a lot of weight by eating 6 small meals a day. She believed it raised her metablolism. I've tried it, found it very difficult, and did not see the same results. She and I also have very different body types. Similarly, my boyfriend lost weight by upping his protein and eating three meals a day with a small snack between breakfast and dinner. It's really about discovering what works for you... which isn't always easy. Sometimes it's easier to rule out what you know DOESN'T work for you, and go from there. Good luck!
  • radiantlybelle
    Options
    Thank you dear!