Olympic Volleyball bikinis

Options
Hellbent_Heidi
Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
I was watching an interview with Misty May-Traenor a couple of days ago, and she was discussing the new (no bikini required) beach volleyball uniform change for the London Olympics.

Now before the guys get upset, she did say she and her teammate Kerri Walsh had no plans to change their dress (and that a lot of other teams felt the same way), but I’m curious how many guys watch the sport just for the skimpy suits??

http://www.glamour.com/images/women-of-the-year/1028-misty-may-treanor-and-kerri-walsh_aw.jpg

Replies

• T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    I grew up on the beach so volleyball is a part of me

oh and I love bikinis too

so its a win win
  • Strobins05
    Strobins05 Posts: 716
    Options
    Misty and Kerri are cool athletes. Love watching their athletic swag and when they turn their game on! So no, even though their bodies are HOT that is not why I watch them, LOL. I'm what you would call a female jock, LOL.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Options
    These women have amazing bodies. In the interview, Misty said the change was being done more to encourage teams from other (more conservative) countries to join the sport.
  • amycal
    amycal Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I love watching the Volleyball! And it's not because they were bikinis LOL! I forget - do the men wear shirts? If so then I guess a change to a more conservative "uniform" is reasonable - such as athletic tanks and shorts but if the men are shirtless, why can't the women wear a bikini?
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Options
    NO...the men don't wear shirts - and they look damned good too!

The women can still wear the bikinis, but they aren't required to anymore (I guess in the past they didn't get to choose anything else).

I'm assuming it deterred some of the countries where women can't show much of their bodies (although, shorts probably aren't any more acceptable as far as those societies are concerned).
  • 4x4play
    4x4play Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I LOVE watching volleyball. But I also play. I however do not see how it would be comfortable to play in an bikini. That is just me. As for the men.. They better remain shirtless... YUM
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I watch women's volleyball for the finess and men's for the power.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Options
    I LOVE watching volleyball. But I also play. I however do not see how it would be comfortable to play in an bikini. That is just me. As for the men.. They better remain shirtless... YUM
    Yeah, I feel the same way...seems like diving head first in the sand with hardly any clothes on would hurt!!
  • Mom2rh
    Mom2rh Posts: 612
    Options
    I'm wondering if they'll wear those in London...it's going to be much cooler than they are used to, I suspect.