Plain Greek yogurt ?

Options
13»

Replies

• Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I like to add a tbsp of vanilla protein powder. Surprisingly yummy <3

First time I have seen that someone else does this.
  • Leileth
    Leileth Posts: 10
    Options
    Honey is the best. You can add homemade apple compote with cinnamon too (it rocks) or cookie crunches
  • lublue
    lublue Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    You can get it as a dessert in restaurants served with just honey.
  • lindaw66
    lindaw66 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Mix it with splenda, almond milk, sugar free pudding mix (flavor of your choice) and some ice in a blender...yum.

Edit: just a little splenda and a tbsp of the pudding mix - not the whole box :)

mmmmmmmmmm, got to try this
  • clairyfairy247
    clairyfairy247 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I have mine with acacia honey, fruit and crushed meringue! It's so good!!
  • Toyya
    Toyya Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Yeah I add chocolate protein powder and its like pudding!

You can also add cocoa, splenda, and freeze it for a frozen yogurt
  • lindaw66
    lindaw66 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    1 frozen bananna sliced, 1 tablespoon of peanut butter or 1 scoop of vanilla protein powerder, 1/2 cup 0% Vanilla Chobani Greek Yogurt, 1 cup unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze, 4 cups baby spinach.....combine all ingredients in a blender and blend unstil smooth.....Green Monster Spinach Smoothie! I got this from Pinterest and I love it!
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    I top mine with a drizzle of honey or with berries and granola. I also use it in breakfast smoothies. This is a recipe for a breakfast smoothie I sometimes have after a morning run:

1 banana
    75 g yoghurt
    100 ml soy milk
    1 scoop vanilla protein powder
    honey or sweetener to taste
    ice

Blend until smooth

If I don't want as many calories / carbs the banana can be substituted for berries - I always have a bag in my freezer for when I don't have any fresh in stock.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I don't like Greek Yogurt, I've tried it several times and several different kinds.

The only kind I can semi tolerate is the Yoplait Coconut Greek Yogurt, and I added a handful of Kashi Krunch to it, it was pretty good!
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Mix it with splenda, almond milk, sugar free pudding mix (flavor of your choice) and some ice in a blender...yum.

Edit: just a little splenda and a tbsp of the pudding mix - not the whole box :)

This ^^

Seriously. If you want to keep it simple just add 2tbsp of the sugar free jello per cup of yogurt. It turns it from crap to cuisine.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    I had no idea so many people liked Greek-style yogurt with honey. I tried that combination once and wanted to gag. Honey is yummy, but my taste buds instantly rejected it with Greek-style yogurt.
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I can't eat plain greek yogurt, it's too tangy. Last night I dressed it up with a packet of splenda, a tablespoon of pb2, and a small handful of fresh blueberries. It was almost as satisfying as ice cream.
  • wilmnoca
    wilmnoca Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Sliced bananas, puffed wheat cereal and cinnemon. My fave!
  • LoveLiveLift
    LoveLiveLift Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    2 packets or stevia or I mix it with 1/4 c of regular flavored yogurt.
  • lorithea
    lorithea Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I did an extended taste test once, and organic Oikos was the BEST fat-free plain Greek yogurt (it also has the best natural ingredients). On America's Test Kitchen, it came up as #1, and Greek Gods came up as the worst......apparently they add guar gum and some other thickeners to make it thicker like Greek yogurt.
  • psmith_five
    psmith_five Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    One or two scoops of vanilla protien powder and a half a cup of skim milk with it is great.
  • maryb2374
    maryb2374 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Yeah I add chocolate protein powder and its like pudding!
    Yes! Sometimes I'll add peanuts to this, too. So yummy!
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I mix it with chocolate protein powder and either PB2 or chocolate PB2. Super yummy and full of protein!
  • mariabee
    mariabee Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Have to bump this. Great ideas!
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    I either eat it plain, with bananas, or add some granola.

Av4NLSQCAAAZikL1.jpg