Replies

• angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    Rarely. but every here and there yes.
  • sweetnlow30
    sweetnlow30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    We have fast food as an occasional treat but definitely not part of our regular diet. Even when I was big, we rarely ate out. Our favorites are subway or wendys. I like how wendy's has better side dishes to choose from. I would say we might have a treat once or twice a month.
  • Establishedn1986
    Establishedn1986 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I have cut down but I still do.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I've brainwashed my kids into thinking the Golden Arches is poison but we get Chinese & Vietnamese takeout (a form of fast food) and will hit Subway now and again. Burgers are served at home but they come from my grill so I know what's in them!
  • lhaas24
    lhaas24 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Me too, rarely. Every once in a while my daughter will ask for a happy meal because of the toy that is being offered. Of that she will eat the chicken and apple slices with milk. She doesn't like french fries and calls soda "spicy".
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Heck, I buy that crap for me...but there is a time and a place and its about portion control.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    yes. i eat there too.

my children don't have weight problems, i do.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    When my son is old enough we will eat fast food occasionally but it will not be a daily occurrence. Additionally, it will likely be Chipotle =)
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    the first McDonald's my daughter ever had was offered at her school...ya just sayin.
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Yes. They ask for it almost every day, unfortunately, because they love it. So while we don't buy it for them frequently, we're not going to completely deny it to them either. Making something taboo is a sure way to make a person crave it even more. So we have it, but we talk often about why we don't have it all the time, and why "home food" is better than "restaurant food" (which is how they refer to fast food).
  • lauleipop
    lauleipop Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. My spawn loves McDonald's Mango Pineapple Smoothie.
  • flabbytofabby
    Options
    if i had kids, no i wouldn't as that guy said on supersize me "everytime i have kids everytime we drive past a fast food place i'm going to punch them in the face, so they know not to go there"
  • bratius
    bratius Posts: 60
    Options
    Yes, every now and then. But we will usually just get drinks if we are out from there
  • Establishedn1986
    Establishedn1986 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Yes. They ask for it almost every day, unfortunately, because they love it. So while we don't buy it for them frequently, we're not going to completely deny it to them either. Making something taboo is a sure way to make a person crave it even more. So we have it, but we talk often about why we don't have it all the time, and why "home food" is better than "restaurant food" (which is how they refer to fast food).
    My kids call it restaurant food too lol!
  • scythswife
    scythswife Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    rarely
  • NMJosephs
    NMJosephs Posts: 185
    Options
    Unfortunately, yes. I am really really trying to cut back on it.
  • steph124ny
    steph124ny Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I have 4 kids with 4 various schedules....I'd say we eat fast food once a month. This week it is twice. We are having Wendys tonight because my daughter's Moving Up Day (graduation from 8th grade to high school) is tonight. Also...it's about 100 degrees here with 90% humidity and I'm NOT cooking! LOL!

Not looking forward to being in a packed gym with 2000 people and no air conditioning on a 100 degree day....but maybe I'll sweat off 20 pounds....
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Not often. I showed my kids an article about fast food so they would rather eat some place healthy.
  • paint_it_black
    paint_it_black Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Nope, but family members have, until my son loudly announced that the chicken nuggets he had felt, looked and tasted like foam not chicken.
  • AlphamaleBAMF
    AlphamaleBAMF Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I do when I see them but that isn't very much.